3rd August

Gavevs88

I'm guessing it'll be like that manic Monday they did last year? Few signings and then the new jerseys available to pre-order. They might be ready by Christmas then ;)

Swarley

I'm guessing it'll be like that manic Monday they did last year? Few signings and then the new jerseys available to pre-order. They might be ready by Christmas then ;)
For the first time in years I'm 100% not bothering with spending money on jerseys because they're made by warrior and the design just looks awful in my opinion, so given that I normally spend between £300-£400 a season on different jerseys I'm gonna be saving a decent amount this year.

Gavevs88

For the first time in years I'm 100% not bothering with spending money on jerseys because they're made by warrior and the design just looks awful in my opinion, so given that I normally spend between £300-£400 a season on different jerseys I'm gonna be saving a decent amount this year.
I like warrior stuff, and it's owned by new balance so the quality should be decent. We've only seen a tiny snapshot of them, so hard to judge on what they look like. I'm planning one for my daughter this year but I prefer wearing my older ones anyway.

Devils86

I like warrior stuff, and it's owned by new balance so the quality should be decent. We've only seen a tiny snapshot of them, so hard to judge on what they look like. I'm planning one for my daughter this year but I prefer wearing my older ones anyway.
I thought Warrior was owned by David Sims?

Devils86

I may be wrong but wasn’t Mr Simms connected with Rhino Sports?
A very large creature with a relatively small brain, extremely thick skinned and a head like a brick!
And no, I’m not talking about the Rhinoceros!
Yep! Corrected me there. It's Rhino that used the get the Playoff Jersey contracts wasn't it

Kevlar68

Didn’t we move to the printed shirts because they were lighter and more comfortable for the players to play in?

Which surely is the most important thing?
It was and i get it but as a fan buying a shirt paying the price they are for a printed shirt that feels of a lesser quality to a sewn shirt my opinion is that i'm not getting the value for money unlike when i have bought the sewn shirts.

James

Administrator
Didn’t we move to the printed shirts because they were lighter and more comfortable for the players to play in?

Which surely is the most important thing?
I'm not sure to what extent that's down to material rather than construction method. I remember G saying the team hated having to wear Rhino (printed) shirts as they didn't breathe and any heat got sealed into them. NHL shirts are sewn not printed aren't they?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #37
Some of those printed shirts have been real crap, who remembers seeing some of our guys having their shirts ripped off them in a scrap, Blaze were one of the first teams to go down the printed route, and I always thought Jesus how shit are those shirts. Who remembers Doug McIvers shirt being ripped off him like tissue paper, they don’t hold a candle to the real McCoy.

Chris

Administrator
Quite easily if you read all the posts before yours.

Anyway, it's a long time since i've had a look at the shirts but the old printed ones definitely felt a better quality than any of the printed ones we used to see.

moggy#9

Putting aside the quality of material, the big difference with the printed shirts is the intricacy of designs that are possible. While I loved the black cityscape shirt from a few years ago, by and large (across the league) the designs seem a bit busy. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should.

I really do think that bold designs with a big embroidered crest look so much better.

Last edited: