2023/2024 Season - Positive Outlooks

Thread starter #41
So c’mon guys, let’s have some more happy memories and find out what you’re looking forward to this season. Would love to hear your stories. Regularly bump in to people in services station when traveling back from away games and there is always a great story. Let’s get some on here

kristian

Ulmers winner v steelers in Cc final.
Also Lordo and Hendo going at it about 30secs into the game v Clan. That was my first season and remember thinking what the hell is that about.

The_Stick_

so many great memories, but the 2 that stand out to me is the CC Semi Final comeback win against the Steelers in 17/18. By far the loudest IAW had been up to that point, and then also Gleason Fourniers game winner in the 18/19 Playoff final. The assist and the finish will never be forgotten!

Thread starter #44
Ulmers winner v steelers in Cc final.
Also Lordo and Hendo going at it about 30secs into the game v Clan. That was my first season and remember thinking what the hell is that about.
Think that was the 2015 CC Final. Can remember watching that back during lockdown, one hell of a game. Never forget Lordo’s final game and his picture perfect ending getting a goal minutes before the end of the 3rd period. Would really love to bring Lordo back for an evening to give him a proper send off. Great guy.

lloyd_jeff

Wembley final, can’t remember the yr or the Hotel, friend was shagging one of the Devils (Can’t say) so we got into the hotel with the teams celebrating post game. Dani Behr turned up, never seen such a reaction that wasn’t a nature program.

ASHIPP

That CC semi final win against the Steelers in season17/18 was truly one of the finest games of hockey played by a Devils' team .An absolute mountain to climb to go through to the Final because the Steelers had built up such a lead..but a combination of team belief and skill got the job done.

O/T win against Davos in the CHL home leg. Same level of crowd hysteria as the Steelers' game!

Pleximan

1990 Playoffs Final at Wembley Arena, Cardiff Devils 6-6 Murrayfield Racers after OT so on to penalty shots, it went on and on and on. It's on YouTube, look it up. I was there experiencing the emotions, it was incredible, probably the most back and fore of emotions that I've experienced in a sporting event. Stephen Cooper missed his PS and was inconsolable, then Tony Hand missed his for Racers, it went back and fore and so on to sudden death penalties. On and on then .....Tony Hand......saved by Jeff Smith, sank to his knees, flicked off his helmet, beaming smile and then engulfed by Devils players. Amazing! YouTube, look it up.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Sokol Kiev and torpedo ust kamenogorsk in tilberg. Beating two former Soviet league teams with a team mostly made up of Brits. I don't think I've ever seen a team ice the puck as much as the devils did in those games - that was before the rule on no line changes.

drainage

Sokol Kiev and torpedo ust kamenogorsk in tilberg. Beating two former Soviet league teams with a team mostly made up of Brits. I don't think I've ever seen a team ice the puck as much as the devils did in those games - that was before the rule on no line changes.
A certain 14 yr old Stevie Lyle in goal after Wood was injured. My first Euro trip, I recall getting Paul Newman (journalist) to top of a long queue waiting to call home after the first win so he could get more space to report it (ah the days of watching hockey before mobile phones ) also I remember sitting on a pavement very drunk with a load of people trying to get a taxi back to hotel and none of us knew where we were ! If I recall correctly we won best fans award partly due to the fact we cleared our mess up and popped it into black bin bags.

drainage

Hi all,
Ok, I'm nobody special, just a normal fan of an ice hockey team, a team that has meant a lot to me over the past few years.
We have seen so many posts on here recently regarding the team and re-brand, some positive some negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
So, I thought, with the season almost upon us, let share some positives and start this season the way we want it to run. Firstly, I've loved everything about the organisation pre re-brand, the logo, the teams, the management, coaches, the music, most of all the entertainment we receive everytime we visit the arena. So, we have a new arena name, new logo, new brand and likely new music, goal horn etc. Change is essential to progress, we really wouldn't want to become too stagnant. So, the idea of this post - let's all share what we really are looking forward to this season, what we've missed during the off season, the player we are excited about seeing either returning or for the first time. Are we looking forward to Todd introducing the Belfast Giant on the mic by mistake again, Wally paining 88 on his back, joining in to the Bownsy wave, awaiting the new lyrics from Block 13, a visit from our owners and watching them use an air raid siren centre ice....most of all, competing for and maybe even bringing home some silver wear.
On the other hand, maybe share some of you fondest memories from your time supporting our team.
This is in no way a rant, far from it. But lets show our returning players and newcomers that this is the place to be, we are the best fans and most of all, lets make this fun again.
after our first season we qualified for the playoffs for promotion, saw my first bench clearance against the Grimsby Buffalo’s ……. Our goalies Mum was sat behind us and had to be stopped trying to get to her son who had 2 players sitting on him! Also the infamous Ashfield Islanders game a mere 32 0 win ! That was when a very long love of all things Devils started

Slartibartfast

1990 Playoffs Final at Wembley Arena, Cardiff Devils 6-6 Murrayfield Racers after OT so on to penalty shots, it went on and on and on. It's on YouTube, look it up. I was there experiencing the emotions, it was incredible, probably the most back and fore of emotions that I've experienced in a sporting event. Stephen Cooper missed his PS and was inconsolable, then Tony Hand missed his for Racers, it went back and fore and so on to sudden death penalties. On and on then .....Tony Hand......saved by Jeff Smith, sank to his knees, flicked off his helmet, beaming smile and then engulfed by Devils players. Amazing! YouTube, look it up.
Earlier in those 1990 playoffs, the Devils were 6-1 down to the Racers and looked certain to be knocked out of the playoffs. Then Moria and Nicky Chinn led the fight back. 7 straight goals to win 8-6. I will never forget that atmosphere. The WNIR went nuts.

moggy#9

A certain 14 yr old Stevie Lyle in goal after Wood was injured. My first Euro trip, I recall getting Paul Newman (journalist) to top of a long queue waiting to call home after the first win so he could get more space to report it (ah the days of watching hockey before mobile phones ) also I remember sitting on a pavement very drunk with a load of people trying to get a taxi back to hotel and none of us knew where we were ! If I recall correctly we won best fans award partly due to the fact we cleared our mess up and popped it into black bin bags.
Ah yes, considering they hosted us in a caged off area they were a little bemused when the litter clear up started.

drainage

Ah yes, considering they hosted us in a caged off area they were a little bemused when the litter clear up started.
Indeed the armed police started of “guarding“ us in our caged area and ended up sitting with us! My first experience of potential issues at hockey games, overcome with good humour, excellent spirit , first class behaviour and black bin bags !

Kevlar68

Seems such a shame that we have only 2 pages of a post asking for positive memories or thoughts of our team doesn’t it
Its now 3 pages but I think it's more of the fact that since The Inferno started there has been many many topics about fav players, fav game, fav moments etc so it's just rehashing the sane old thing, even though there are new members many of the fav topics see the same favs over and over.
So it's no disrespect to you or the topic it's just the way topics go, it's been done before.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to watching some hockey first and foremost. This summer has felt like a very long time without it.

I can be a bit of a pessimist, but I’m looking forward to seeing our offensive lines. Some real potential there, and if some of the guys who are being given chances turn out as we all hope they do we’ll be putting some scores.

I’m really hoping we put in a strong title bid. I’d love to be planning a trip to Europe next September again.

hip check

after our first season we qualified for the playoffs for promotion, saw my first bench clearance against the Grimsby Buffalo’s ……. Our goalies Mum was sat behind us and had to be stopped trying to get to her son who had 2 players sitting on him! Also the infamous Ashfield Islanders game a mere 32 0 win ! That was when a very long love of all things Devils started
I was there, Mike Kellond was his name and he was the biggest player in the team 6'3" I believe and a bit mad to boot. We were outnumbered 21 to 13 in squad numbers and consequently came off worse in that tear up, quite comical regarding his mother lol.

hip check

Hi all,
Ok, I'm nobody special, just a normal fan of an ice hockey team, a team that has meant a lot to me over the past few years.
We have seen so many posts on here recently regarding the team and re-brand, some positive some negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
So, I thought, with the season almost upon us, let share some positives and start this season the way we want it to run. Firstly, I've loved everything about the organisation pre re-brand, the logo, the teams, the management, coaches, the music, most of all the entertainment we receive everytime we visit the arena. So, we have a new arena name, new logo, new brand and likely new music, goal horn etc. Change is essential to progress, we really wouldn't want to become too stagnant. So, the idea of this post - let's all share what we really are looking forward to this season, what we've missed during the off season, the player we are excited about seeing either returning or for the first time. Are we looking forward to Todd introducing the Belfast Giant on the mic by mistake again, Wally paining 88 on his back, joining in to the Bownsy wave, awaiting the new lyrics from Block 13, a visit from our owners and watching them use an air raid siren centre ice....most of all, competing for and maybe even bringing home some silver wear.
On the other hand, maybe share some of you fondest memories from your time supporting our team.
This is in no way a rant, far from it. But lets show our returning players and newcomers that this is the place to be, we are the best fans and most of all, lets make this fun again.
Loads of new talent to watch this season but I'm quite excited to see a rejuvenated Crandall, was wondering whether he would be a returnee as he had quite a disappointing season last season but listening to his signing interview a few weeks ago he seems determined to show us all the 'real' Crandall.

Thread starter #60
Its now 3 pages but I think it's more of the fact that since The Inferno started there has been many many topics about fav players, fav game, fav moments etc so it's just rehashing the sane old thing, even though there are new members many of the fav topics see the same favs over and over.
So it's no disrespect to you or the topic it's just the way topics go, it's been done before.
None taken…….but the question is…..will we get a page 4…..hmm