2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Whoever thinks that he was getting $1m in the AHL is a lunatic. That would probably be his pay should he get called up to the show. AHL players get considerably less.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

danhall76 said:
Whoever thinks that he was getting $1m in the AHL is a lunatic. That would probably be his pay should he get called up to the show. AHL players get considerably less.

His NHL salary of $1,000,000 was the same if he was dropped to the AHL... Some players have contract which will stay the same whether or not they play in the big show!

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/patrick-bordeleau

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Oxforddevil said:
So the big signing was Hewitt going to Hull in EPL!For me Devils roster is 100% complete
Or is it..... We have the total no of import slots but rumours still exist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Devil_Abroad said:
Oxforddevil said:
So the big signing was Hewitt going to Hull in EPL!For me Devils roster is 100% complete

Also the roster is one thing - numbers iced counts for the limits so could carry spares - as we did last year

I still drift towards a quality signing so Lordo can focus on his coaching which is something which is going to happen sooner or later. This would make Lordo the spare/backup

ASHIPP

pjj365 said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Oxforddevil said:

Also the roster is one thing - numbers iced counts for the limits so could carry spares - as we did last year

I still drift towards a quality signing so Lordo can focus on his coaching which is something which is going to happen sooner or later. This would make Lordo the spare/backup
And that plan would work because Lordo will eventually be making the transition to coaching only. Just hope the procedure for carrying a spare player works - last season one or two fit extra players wanting ice time caused inconsistency and lack of chemistry with constant line changes.

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Sebastien77 said:
danhall76 said:

His NHL salary of $1,000,000 was the same if he was dropped to the AHL... Some players have contract which will stay the same whether or not they play in the big show!

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/patrick-bordeleau
Well shut me up.

Cracking bit of business to pay a guy $1m to play AHL all last year. Won't get another contract like that and may not make it back to NHL. AHL having a tougher stance on fighting doesn't help him so other than ECHL and CHL we aren't a bad option for tough guys I suppose.

Personally I think our recruitment is done. Fair few new faces and a bit of grit in batch and louis. I would like to see a tough forward as well but the management team have far more experience than all of us in putting a team together so I guess we put our trust in them. On a side not I think Asselin is going to turn out to be a very astute signing.

i think we are panicking a bit about toughness throughout the team,plenty of players who can throw some good hits and get in on the forecheck,not every team is built like the Giants are,we have the pace and skill to beat a team like that!i know for sure I'd rather see there tough guy in the box and us on the power play putting the puck in the net when they decide to make dumb plays who ever it may be,and we do have a couple players to come in and protect our skilled guys too if calls aren't made or we re 'getting pushed around'. I think our balance is possibly just right for the team but who knows until that puck drops!!

I believe our recruitment is done but I would like to see a tough forward come in. We have skill in abundance and hopefully other teams enforcers will be sitting in the box while we are scoring on the powerplay.
But my concern would be if the opposition's enforcer misinterprets a hard but fair check by one of our forwards as unfair and then decides to seek retribution. This would then trigger Batch or Louis rushing up ice to protect their teammate resulting in them sitting in the penalty box a lot this season. So I am seeing Culligan covering on defence a lot over the season. For this reason I would like to see a tough enforcer come in to take our D men out of the front line of enforcing/protection duties.

august04

Wannabe2 said:
Still convinced we will bring in a tough power forward.
I had missed Simms' periscope session earlier this week but having just watched it, he's hinting that we've made a massive offer to Bordeleau, which would make him the highest paid player in the league. So it would appear a tough guy is still on the agenda.

Ocko

matbur said:
Which Bordeleau? Google is giving me Sebastian, former Preds playing in France or Patrick, who's with the Avs...
It's Patrick and he isn't with the Avs anymore. He didn't play with them last season either, he was in the AHL.

id love to see bordeleau in a devils jersey but i feel we are plenty tough. we won't get bossed around. i wouldn't trade any player on our roster for a nickerson or fitzgereald. players like fitzy are used to pull in punters who think hockey is pure pugilism.