2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

So Blaze announcing another player tonight - all import slots taken - so is this Ben Davies perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zoesdevil said:
SteveKing said:
Hello Devils family. Just got back from the jungle late last night. Hard to miss those first two games. Sounds like we put in a decent performance all things considered.

Pleased to hear that some of the new guys looked good. I just spoke with Lordo who told me that Louis had seven hits in the first game. Extremely impressive against players of that kind of speed and intelligence.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Great time to be a Devils fan!
Any more clues Steve regarding us signing a toughie? ;)

I think he just did! ;)

Ejercito Rojas said:
I have an idea that how Nottingham replace Janssen will have an influence on whether we sign another tough power forward.
If they decide to replace him with a point scorer rather than an enforcer then I think our business will be concluded. If they go like for like, then expect Bordeleau!!! ;)
Yep, i agree with this. I think we have entered a period of mind games with the Panthers :Ninja

Will Nottingham see that the way forward for the league is actually going for speed, speed and more speed.......and scorers? Or will they replace Janssen with another enforcer as they have suggested? I do believe their choice will influence ours.

Cant read my......Can't read my.....Can't read my p-p-p-poker face :!:

Wannabe2

Panthers certainly won't want to be bullied by their bitter rivals Steelers, their fans won't like that one little bit, seeing as they were sure Jannsen was returning, they need to replace him like for like. Also their Cousins North of the border have a very tough team, and their fans will be aware of that. Coventry, look tough, Steelers look tough, Braehead look tough, Belfast look tough.,Dundee pretty tough, we are pretty tough,So Panthers need their physicality as well. I expect them to sign a tough cookie,as I think we will.

ASHIPP

Panthers' fans on the Cage are equally worried about a possible shortfall in goals from the forwards and are hoping for someone who can really chip in with points. Corey has stated they will be focusing on securing a very tough player. They will do well to get a combination of both. No mention of signing any extra players..but they are playing in a European Cup competition soon and may also respond ifother teams in the EIHL take on spares.

pjj365

Commentary on last nights Steelers CHL game suggested they had problems with speed and slick passing which bodes well for us BUT the score seems to suggest this may not be the case

Who knows

Lordo to the bench with the right new signing could be good

With the rumour about a big money tough forward not dying away and with Franny moving away from the bench, that situation is looking increasingly likely. I don't see us rotating too much and therefore Lord stepping onto the bench as a regular if not necessarily completely perminent thing (as in retirement )would seem the only option, need that player first though.

Steelers struggling with speed against HV71 isn't exactly a suprise.

pjj365

Devil_Abroad said:
Steelers are as quick as us - HV71 are quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

I was not making a comparison as to who is the quickest but who can cope with the oppositon's speed. But assuming that Steelers are as quick (or even quicker than us) then the question is can we cope with the speed better than Steelers. Holding Zagreb to 3pp goals against 1 at 5 on 5 suggests we can cope

Do we believe the commentators given last nights score line?

Time will tell

Devil94

august04 said:
Devil94 said:
MartyA said:
Franny moving away from the bench, do we think that Lord will go full time bench/injury spare leaving an import slot?
This seems right to me. We're surely going to have 2 behind the bench?
For me it should happen but I can't see Lord stopping playing.
If this does happen, I also can't see Lord stopping all together. Just if everyone's fit and ready, he'll be the one to step back, and then still train as a player in the week so that if there is a little niggle or injury with someone, Lord can step in.

ASHIPP

How can we possibly compare Steelers' speed with our team when they haven't played each other yet!
Steelers aquitted themselves well against HV71, holding level with them with 10 minutes to go. Considering Sheffield are ranked near the bottom of 40 teams in this tournament that is admirable.
Am sure having several very experienced Scandanvians on their roster is helping massively.

Can't wait for our matchups this season.

august04

Wannabe2 said:
MartyA said:
Franny moving away from the bench, do we think that Lord will go full time bench/injury spare leaving an import slot?
I think you just be correcto Mundo.
I don't think he'll step back at all unfortunately. He can still play at this level but why handicap ourselves with a player coach if we don't need to? We've moved on from those days and it's too much to do both effectively during the game. I believe the team would benefit more from him concentrating on coaching duties and running the bench full time, especially now that Franny has moved on from bench duties. This would allow him to bring in one more player and ice regularly a genuine power forward who can mix it up with the tough guys, which I still believe is absolutely needed for the EIHL season.

Ocko

From Simmsey's periscope; Daryll Hay was approached for the bench coach job instead of Franny. His source was someone in Rio (obviously Seth Bennett).