2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

august04

DevilDom said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Devils will sign an enforcer

Didn't catch a Weller quote?
Biznasty anyone?

I think the Weller comment was tongue in cheek - he has been retired for 2 years!
I suppose it all depends on whether Biz gets offered another AHL contract next season. He's back in the Reign's line up for the playoffs after missing a lot of games through injury.

drainage

ASHIPP said:
raganslovechild said:
Just going to throw these rumours out there that I have heard over the last couple of days............
1. Hudson to Norway
2. Scott Hotham to Devils to team up with Andrew
3. Matt Myers to return to devils
4. Hendo to stay at Devils
and lastly
5. Stu Macrae to return
whats peoples thoughts on these??
Personally id be happy with all 5 of these if any truth in them.
Thought Stuuu had retired - he announced this after his last season at the Devils. Although as a former popular Captain it would be great for him to see/play at the IAW!

Any combination or all would be fine by me......but some rumours are just not going to happen.
Stu went to Denmark after us last 2 season he has played 27 games in total according to Elite prospects ...... I suspect his playing days are behind him as good as he was 27 games in 2 seasons would worry me if he came

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #365
drainage said:
Stu went to Denmark after us last 2 season he has played 27 games in total according to Elite prospects ...... I suspect his playing days are behind him as good as he was 27 games in 2 seasons would worry me if he came
This. There's no denying that MacRae was a great player when he was with us, but i'd like to think after the signings we've had the last couple of seasons that we're looking at new players rather than previous players coming out of professional retirement to sign for us!

Bissonnette wouldn't be a bad signing though :D

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

I've heard Hotham to Norway/Sweden.
Kinda of hoping for a new face. I'd imagine we will see 4-5 new faces [emoji1303]

If the club do lose players that have been key, as sad as it is, I'm not worried. Throughout the years, this club has proven to have good contacts and capable of getting what they need to build a competitive team.

Temme

MattHuskie said:
The latest club tweet about a sponsor returning is an interesting one. Does it suggest the player (Kurka) is returning too, or am I reading too much into it.
Interesting that they've posted a photo with Kurka's jersey rather than a logo or photo of Manic Mechanics.

Have Hope#35

MattHuskie said:
The latest club tweet about a sponsor returning is an interesting one. Does it suggest the player (Kurka) is returning too, or am I reading too much into it.
I think too much is being read into that... It's likely just last years press photo!

ASHIPP

Would imagine Belfast and Nottingham are now in a race for British players with some of theirs departing. Interesting to see what happens.

With the arrival of Peacock at Clan, it does raise the question of Ben's position. Peacock would be their no1 British player.

For Matthew and Ben to return to the Devils would be wishful thinking.
Nice to dream though.

ASHIPP

Rumours from other forums:

Cale Tanaka to Dundee

Derek Mathers to the EIHL - a huge, tough Canadian with extensive AHL, ECHL experience. Can also play in defence.

Devil94

Some suggestion tonight that we're looking for an import goalie to rotate with Bowns. Personally I wouldn't like to see us go down that route. If it does happen I presume it's more to do with fatigue, but I thought Ben was one of the very players that didn't drop off towards the end of the year. (Semi final aside, where everyone was bad). And we all know he's more than good enough to play out the season on his own.

Surely this can only happen if we get Myers and Davies back, which is possible but I think unlikely.