2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Electro

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

So Barry Town FC will sign Messi in a few yrs.

I'll point my comments back to the ego bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

Electro said:

So you think McGratton and Messi are on a similar level in their respective sports? If not it's a stupid comparison. But to lower it to stupid comparisons; if football was to drive out skilled players to the point they couldn't exist in any top league, and Messi was desperate to continue playing then no, it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that a low level club could get him at the end of his career. Look at the Indian Futsol league that has had Ronaldinho and Scholes playing there.

What do you know about McGratton's ego anyway? He's meant to be quite the opposite, hence his popularity.

Finny

Electro said:

A better comparison would be Gerrard going to the MLS.

Fleury played a year in Belfast because he wanted. Anything is possible.

Electro said:

Pahahahaha

What a load of bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

terry hunt

He is a windup guy have fun and chill out its just a forum.

But......as has been said Fleury played for Belfast,Doug Smail played for Fife before us and Glenn

Anderson played for us well sort of.

Anyway whos's our new guy?

Devil_Abroad

terry hunt said:

But......as has been said Fleury played for Belfast,Doug Smail played for Fife before us and Glenn

we have a new guy?

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
terry hunt said:

we have a new guy?

Announcement at 11am today... Layne Ulmer maybe?

august04

If it's him, our last signing will be a Euro passport holder, which certainly narrows the field for a tough guy. Unless we sign another import enforcer type and run with a spare import - but that brings problems itself with rotation (or lack of going on Lord's previous history).

Have Hope#35

august04 said:
If it's him, our last signing will be a Euro passport holder, which certainly narrows the field for a tough guy. Unless we sign another import enforcer type and run with a spare import - but that brings problems itself with rotation (or lack of going on Lord's previous history).
Are we sure that Layne Ulmer isn't eligible for Italian Citizenship as he's been there for 7yrs - I'm not sure what their policy is? I have a feeling it may be 10yrs unfortunately!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11039 I've heard this guy. If take him or Layne Ulmer[emoji1303] also heard Jeff was all about his own name and not about playing for the badge and that's why he went purple side up. We are going for character guys who play for each other and the badge on the from of the jersey. I'd take that player over some big name ego any day

Have Hope#35

noodlesboy said:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11039 I've heard this guy. If take him or Layne Ulmer[emoji1303] also heard Jeff was all about his own name and not about playing for the badge and that's why he went purple side up. We are going for character guys who play for each other and the badge on the from of the jersey. I'd take that player over some big name ego any day
Kris Newbury is definitely being touted around the European market... I put him as a wish earlier on in the thread! Layne Ulmer isn't a fighter but he's a big, tough lad - Probably in the Haddad/Lord mould.

Off Twitter: Bernd Freimueller - "Long-term AHLer Kris Newbury offered to European teams. Will he come over for the first time at age 34?"

d20

I would take newbury,I saw him play for the marlies and the leafs ,in the ahl with the marlies he was a top player scored and happy to scrap good all round player

Newbury's stats in the AHL are pretty impressive - decent points tally at a higher level that the EIHL. May not have Rosehill's toughness and size, but I think he'd be a point a game player at Cardiff, with grit and toughness as well. Yes please!