2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

DevilDom said:
Gohabsgo said:
Ben Davies to Braehead? Grim.

Edit - That's from twitter by the way.
That would surprise me a little as i'm sure there were rumours that Finnerty and Ben didn't get on when Finnerty played for us. No disrespect to Clan but if Ben does leave I would have thought he would be looking for one of the "big 3" to further his career rather than a club in the weaker conference.
Weaker conference ? Only a few weeks ago two teams from that conference were at the play offs (and that didn't include the team given the contrived seeding due to winning their 'weaker' conference)

Braehead also now have the 4th largest attendances in the EIHL so now possibly have budgets to match their undoubted ambition.

DevilDom

SteveJ said:
DevilDom said:
Gohabsgo said:
Ben Davies to Braehead? Grim.

Edit - That's from twitter by the way.
That would surprise me a little as i'm sure there were rumours that Finnerty and Ben didn't get on when Finnerty played for us. No disrespect to Clan but if Ben does leave I would have thought he would be looking for one of the "big 3" to further his career rather than a club in the weaker conference.
Weaker conference ? Only a few weeks ago two teams from that conference were at the play offs (and that didn't include the team given the contrived seeding due to winning their 'weaker' conference)

Braehead also now have the 4th largest attendances in the EIHL so now possibly have budgets to match their undoubted ambition.
No doubting Clan's ambition and the fact they are currently the 4th biggest club in the league, however I think its slightly one eyed to suggest the Gardiner conference is on a par with the Erhardt conference.

With Ben's career where it is now I would have thought if he is to leave the Devils he would be looking to play with a top three team plaing against top class opposition week in week out in order to improve his game further.

dave

DevilDom said:
With Ben's career where it is now I would have thought if he is to leave the Devils he would be looking to play with a top three team plaing against top class opposition week in week out in order to improve his game further.
I would say he needs to be heading outside the UK to progress. He would have been scouted at the Worlds and should be looking at Ben O'Conner as an example.

Mooney#16

The old star in a league of bums or bum in a league of stars question. Far to often the Brits come up with the wrong answer.

Finny

As good as Ben has been, I can't see any of Belfast/Sheffield/Nottingham go for him unless they lose one of their existing Brits. They may have a cheeky bid at Myers or Richardson, but I would have thought they would otherwise keep what they have.

I'd be surprised if Ben did leave, as it was apparently tough for him to move mid-season to Basingstoke last time - but he felt he needed regular ice time to improve himself. If Ben did decide to leave though I would have thought Braehead or Coventry would be the most likely destination.

Wagstaff

Finny said:
As good as Ben has been, I can't see any of Belfast/Sheffield/Nottingham go for him unless they lose one of their existing Brits. They may have a cheeky bid at Myers or Richardson, but I would have thought they would otherwise keep what they have.

I'd be surprised if Ben did leave, as it was apparently tough for him to move mid-season to Basingstoke last time - but he felt he needed regular ice time to improve himself. If Ben did decide to leave though I would have thought Braehead or Coventry would be the most likely destination.
Would like to see him join us, he's an energy player who is a joy to watch and especially as he scores at almost every game he plays in at the Skydome, could be a move he would enjoy as well, with Ash and Russ getting on a bit he could quickly become our No 1 British player .

ASHIPP

With rumours of Danny Meyers to Blaze, Stephen Lee to USA and other British players going to EPL, there will be a scramble for existing British players in this league. Whis has already said it is going to be a challenge to even afford all of ours.....even if they want to return.

I fully expect Devils to lose at least two.....to clubs that can afford their salary and simply because these players will have a variety of reasons for wanting to try elsewhere. From the financial angle alone, there are other clubs that can accomodate a bigger and better quality Brit pack. This season we have been told our club can't. Something we have to accept.

voth26

im fully expecting to see new faces for the majority of the team with possibly one or two "old" faces

Panthers issued a press release when K Wall re-signed that stated Clarke and Lacho were both on 2 year deals.... since then there has been no mention of Lacho returning to them - both on the Benedict release - which confirmed Norton & Clarke - and on the Farmer release which also confirmed Norton & Clarke.

Ben Davies could be Lacho's replacement if he is on the move.

Gaz G

Mac did an assembly at my daughters school today and said how much he loves cardiff and the devils etc. Also said he doesn't want to leave and is looking forward to hopefully playing in the new arena. He also did a spot of line dancing.

voth26

well hopefully if mac is happy and wants to stay get him signed up sooner rather than later because if we fart around he could think we are not interested an think bugger it an goes else where

ASHIPP

zoesdevil said:
KaneDevils said:
Who's twitter is it on?
Not on Bens or Clans?
Unless I've missed it of course.
It was on @brian_clanfans twitter feed

Here's the link...

https://twitter.com/brian_clanfans/stat ... 9829599233
Oh yes Brian who runs the Clan fan forum and is 'in the know' about everyrhing at Braehead.It's 'i know something you don't know' scenerio. Any truth in the rumour or integrity in the poster then at least let the Clan make the announcement.

Temme

Big rumour from the cage: Lacho & Lee off to the ECHL: Evansville Icemen (currently home of former Panther, Gui Lepine).

That would Cripple the panthers.
And then probably cripple the Devils as they throw insane money at our brits :(

One from THF, big rumour on the league (due to the current brit-exodus to the EPIHL) --
The rumour is (which seems to be gathering pace) - European passport holders will not count to the import limit. So you could run with 11 imports, and then as many Euro's and Brits as you please.

& this includes dual national USA/Canada citizens... (Chris Blight etc...)

well if you can play eu passport holders then Nottingham are not going to offer silly money to our brits then when they can get better players for less.