2014/2015 - Club shenanigan rumours

It wouldn't be so bad if the club announced we are in talks with " a Canadian forward" or "a British defence man" even with no names mentioned but to hear nothing is s concern

Temme

Number of players signed up:

Belfast - 11
Braehead - 5
Cardiff - 2 :(
Coventry - 10
Dundee - 6
Edinburgh - 5
Fife - 4
Hull - 9
Nottingham - 8
Sheffield - 8

This is certainly a cause for concern...
I know several people have been waiting on key signings before renewing their season tickets, why would they renew with only 2 players signed up?

This has all the makings of some last minute desperation signings that aren't up to standard... (unless there are ~4-5 players signed but not announced??)

Ocko

James said:
I'm pretty sure we have players signed and unannounced. Why the Devils are holding back I have no idea.
Do you honestly believe that?! Signings sell season tickets in the off season, there is no way in a million years they would hold them back to sell less.
:roll:
This is one of the most burying your head in the sand type comments I've ever heard on this forum!

James

Administrator
Ocko said:
James said:
I'm pretty sure we have players signed and unannounced. Why the Devils are holding back I have no idea.
Do you honestly believe that?! Signings sell season tickets in the off season, there is no way in a million years they would hold them back to sell less.
:roll:
This is one of the most burying your head in the sand type comments I've ever heard on this forum!
Yes I do, from the horses mouth so to speak. I don't particularly like IKSYDK posts but let me rephrase that, lest I be thought to be burying my head in the sand. Yes we have made more than one signing yet to be announced.

It would be sensible for the club to announce a couple of signings for season tickets I would have thought, but I'm not too worried about the eventual team we put out.

Obviously it would be good to keep Richardson, but when you look at the team make up it's potentially not so bad.

With Bowns in goal that gives us 8 import forwards and 4 import d men. So potentially we're looking at Batch as 5th d man and Piggot and Jones as 9th and 10th forwards.

People were happy with those two on the third line last season and Batch is easily capable of 5th d man (in fact I'd hope he starts to make a claim for legitimate top 4 next year)

The imports we bring in certainly shouldn't be any worse than any brits that leave (perhaps Richardson aside) and would be better value for money.

Not too bad an outlook when you break it down :)

Sheincar

If we believe for a nano-second that the club have unannounced signings, surely that shows they have no clue how to run a business. With 8 days left before the early bird offer expires surely they should be trying to maximise ST sales by making at least 1 announcement!

Sheincar said:
If we believe for a nano-second that the club have unannounced signings, surely that shows they have no clue how to run a business. With 8 days left before the early bird offer expires surely they should be trying to maximise ST sales by making at least 1 announcement!
Or they're waiting until the price goes up to announce signings and maximise sales at a higher rate, and squeezes even more money out of the fans.

Did we expect any different from this management?

drummer-sean said:
Sheincar said:
Or they're waiting until the price goes up to announce signings and maximise sales at a higher rate, and squeezes even more money out of the fans.

That's been the model for years though. Squeeze as much as you can out of the rump fan base and neglect investment in marketing to increase the customer base. It's certainly not exclusive to the current ownership sadly :(

Temme

drummer-sean said:

As much as I'm not a fan of the way things have been the last year, I can't sit here and read things that are made up :lol:

Every year they announce a signing or 2 about 10 days before the ticket prices go up- and in the past have extended the deadline and advertised that they have done it quite well.

So to say 'should we expect anything else from this management' is a little naïve, as this is an area they have excelled in previously.

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #75
*tongue in cheek mode engaged*

Guys, can we keep this on topic please? I mean, there's a thread for signings, no need to hijack this one like all the others with talk about players and teams ;) Keep this up and it'll vanish as fast as the thread about the Club's last accounts :lol:

Bleeding forum users, coming on here, derailing threads, wanting immigrant workers to come to our country taking our jobs. We need an election or something...

Temme said:
As much as I'm not a fan of the way things have been the last year, I can't sit here and read things that are made up :lol:

Every year they announce a signing or 2 about 10 days before the ticket prices go up- and in the past have extended the deadline and advertised that they have done it quite well.

So to say 'should we expect anything else from this management' is a little naïve, as this is an area they have excelled in previously.
Sorry, I'm struggling to find what I've made up? I was suggesting the route the club management might be taking given their poor track record over the last year.

So to say I am "a little naive" given that the last time the offer was extended was a year ago before the fiasco of this season is quite premature. Time will tell.

If they extend the deadline, then great stuff, fans get an extra two weeks to purchase but some signings will need to be announced. If as James has suggested there are unannounced signings that have already been made, then you have nothing to worry about.

I have absolutely no intention of purchasing a season ticket, I just don't want others ripped off.

Temme

drummer-sean said:
Temme said:

Sorry, I'm struggling to find what I've made up? I was suggesting the route the club management might be taking given their poor track record over the last year.

So to say I am "a little naive" given that the last time the offer was extended was a year ago before the fiasco of this season is quite premature. Time will tell.

If they extend the deadline, then great stuff, fans get an extra two weeks to purchase but some signings will need to be announced. If as James has suggested there are unannounced signings that have already been made, then you have nothing to worry about.

I have absolutely no intention of purchasing a season ticket, I just don't want others ripped off.
I guess it's the 'did we expect anything less of this management' that is the flawed part of your statement, as history tells us that we can expect something different...

And if they had extended the offer last year, that would have been 2 years running, and you can guarantee someone on here would complain that "they should just tell us originally it's going to be a week later like 6th june or sumthin omggg, why isn't dey honest?"

I enjoy watching the Militia on here slate every single solitary thing about our owners, but when things are posted that are unfounded, it's crazy.

And yes, it would be great to see the deadline extended with player signings announced at the same time, although it needs to be before the end of this week (today?) if it's to be of any real effect. (If the prices are hiked up at the end of may...Do the prices go up at the end of this month??)

Finny

I really am struggling to work out why the club would sign players and not announce it.

We've heard one possible reason from 'the militia'. Can the other side of the argument come up with a possible theory?