2014/2015 - Club shenanigan rumours

Finny

dave

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

chillee said:
Do the rumours go hand in hand to the amount of owners we've had......#Justsayin.

:roll:
Bar Matt Burge era which is often overlooked and the best I can remember for harmony between club/players and support base

Slartibartfast

There have been stories of payment problems as long as I can remember. (Maybe not the Lawless era).
Sometimes there are two sides to it, sometimes not.
The crux is usually that the club did not make enough money in the season due to low attendances. Did the evil owner still pay himself a big salary despite the problems? Probably yes but thats business. Noone buys a club for charity.
What concerns me is the capital the militia make out of financial difficulties and the determination to drive Regan out hurts noone other than the club and the fans.
Regan will survive. The club may not.
Keep posting the clubs dirty washing on social media and you can drive down sponsorship and attendance and ensure we have that budget team that you all moan about (even though you haven't seen it yet).

Skippy

Slartibartfast said:
What concerns me is the capital the militia make out of financial difficulties and the determination to drive Regan out hurts noone other than the club and the fans.
Keep posting the clubs dirty washing on social media and you can drive down sponsorship and attendance and ensure we have that budget team that you all moan about (even though you haven't seen it yet).
Isn't that the goal in all the mud raking from the milita?

Make the whole proposition so toxic that a new owner can swoop and in and get a good deal ?

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #47

Skippy you seem to have a real misunderstanding here.

There is a big difference between 'making' and 'highlighting' a toxic situation.

But reading yours and slarti's posts above it seems that not only have things always been crap so it doesn't matter, but that the problems are all the fault of those telling people about them, not of the ones who caused them. You can kind of see how Paul gets away with what he has with that kind of viewpoint being taken.

Oh-Kay...... :DWD

Finny

Slartibartfast said:
The club will survive.

I can't believe that some people are suggesting we sweep this all under the carpet in case there are people who would stop going to games if they knew the truth.

Mooney#16

I feel I am trying to walk my own path as far as view points go but to reiterate players should be paid every penny they are rightfully entitled to as per their contracts. On that there is no compromise. They rendered there services. They get paid. A lot of other topics however are far more gray than black and white and loaded with motive and agenda.

2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

Can't we move this to another thread? Thought this was the rumours thread not a day center where people moan all the time. I understand what people are saying are technically rumours but go create a separate part of the inferno 'militia day center' or something. I for one am get so bored of this.

KaneDevils

noodlesboy said:
Can't we move this to another thread? Thought this was the rumours thread not a day center where people moan all the time. I understand what people are saying are technically rumours but go create a separate part of the inferno 'militia day center' or something. I for one am get so bored of this.
'like'

Finny

Perhaps a rumour thread for player signings, and another rumour thread for everything else?

Paul Sullivan said:
There is a big difference between 'making' and 'highlighting' a toxic situation.
I understand the difference and I also can see your desire to express your views so openly to the wider public, as a result of personal knowledge, experience and involvement with the club but I do question whether the effect you may have on the fans, management and sponsors are those you appear to be aiming to achieve, and/or are in the long term benefit of the club.
I suggest Fans, as we see from the forum, will support Cardiff Devils or not, mainly on the basis of ON ICE performance and entertainment experience irrespective of your personal views.
I suggest Sponsors could easily be concerned and deterred from investing in an organisation which is alleged to be so incompetent, unviable and untrustworthy, so your views could damage short term financial input.
I suggest that Management will equally make their decisions to financially support the club on its financial viability and reward in terms of input to output on many other levels which includes on ice success and the working relationship between fans and management. So whether your views affect their decision making very much depends on the resolution and stamina of the managers.
I have no doubt from reading many of your previous posts that you want to see a successful, Cardiff Devils hockey club, on and off ice product. I just hope that in your desire to get that, the baby is not thrown out with the bath water, and more damage is done, making recovery even more difficult, if at all, by airing so publicly very damaging information to the club.
It is a dilemma that's for sure.

CornwallTaffy said:
Paul Sullivan said:
I understand the difference and I also can see your desire to express your views so openly to the wider public, as a result of personal knowledge, experience and involvement with the club but I do question whether the effect you may have on the fans, management and sponsors are those you appear to be aiming to achieve, and/or are in the long term benefit of the club.
I suggest Fans, as we see from the forum, will support Cardiff Devils or not, mainly on the basis of ON ICE performance and entertainment experience irrespective of your personal views.
I suggest Sponsors could easily be concerned and deterred from investing in an organisation which is alleged to be so incompetent, unviable and untrustworthy, so your views could damage short term financial input.
I suggest that Management will equally make their decisions to financially support the club on its financial viability and reward in terms of input to output on many other levels which includes on ice success and the working relationship between fans and management. So whether your views affect their decision making very much depends on the resolution and stamina of the managers.
I have no doubt from reading many of your previous posts that you want to see a successful, Cardiff Devils hockey club, on and off ice product. I just hope that in your desire to get that, the baby is not thrown out with the bath water, and more damage is done, making recovery even more difficult, if at all, by airing so publicly very damaging information to the club.
Well said I was thinking the exact same thing as you

Dai Vader said:
CornwallTaffy said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Well said I was thinking the exact same thing as you
+2

Foxy

Bored now.......

Fed up of doom and gloom. Want some signing news thats going to have us all jumping up and down for a different reason for a change lol

Ocko

Sheincar said:
With only 2 players signed, and 1 of those rumoured to be moving on, I'm seeing no incentive to renewing my ST yet.
Me neither.

With all those saying wait on Whis signing players late as he did previously (once), maybe, just maybe, we are finding it hard to sign players because our reputation is in tatters and no British players want to come back.... I know people find that hard to swallow but the proof is in the pudding we have made the least signings in the league so far and I refuse to believe this is deliberate.