2014/2015 - Club shenanigan rumours

mazza03

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

Pooneil said:
Time for your medication Chillee. I'm surprised you're allowed access to a computer in your secure ward.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He really is beginning to hack me off some what ;:|

Skippy

As much as I don't want to have to say it but can we try and attack the post not the poster please.. etc etc

Sheincar said:
Wish Ragan would get out and take a hit on his loss.
I'm surprised he's stayed this long. I don't like his business ethics, but his ability to sustain the amount of criticism he does, is kinda commendable, I guess there is either a large financial pot of gold within his grasp or maybe he hates the fans so much he is willing to drop the Devils into the toilet and say stuff them all.

Or he is ultra thick skinned and deluded enough to really believe he is doing a good job. Paul Sullivan has made comments on social media today openly stating that players are owed wages by the club, as are suppliers. Also that Planet Ice are owed "ice time" monies by the D.C.F. Knowing Paul as I do, I don't think for one minute that he is daft or indeed brave enough to post such comments without some very good evidence. I had heard rumours of both financial shortcomings but they were just that, rumours. For anyone, let alone the perceived head of the militia to put such things into the public domain as fact would suggest that there is way more than a hint of truth about them.
I believe Brent flies home this weekend so would expect a statement first thing Monday saying it was all his fault

Finny

There have been rumours on social media for the past couple of weeks that there have been potential problems with ice time for the DCF and Learn To Play sessions. To such an extent that the club had to tweet that they were still going ahead......at the very last minute it seemed?!?!?!?

Very worrying times. I'm starting to think that the EIHL might be a 9 team league this season. :(

D

Deleted member 1337

Finny said:
There have been rumours on social media for the past couple of weeks that there have been potential problems with ice time for the DCF and Learn To Play sessions. To such an extent that the club had to tweet that they were still going ahead......at the very last minute it seemed?!?!?!?

Very worrying times. I'm starting to think that the EIHL might be a 9 team league this season. :(
That is actually because there was going to be an Under 16s game on, but it was then rescheduled to the following day after a 14/18s mixed session.

voth26

I dont normally post on the finances of the club and i stopped posting ref the politics but it seems to me that its becoming clear that pr has two options to bring the devils back to where we used to be and thats either give whist a massive budget to enable him to sign a team that have a good run at the league and silver ware which hopfully means we hit the ground running in to the new rink or he sells the club to an investor for example Greenbank, and he walks away for ever!!!

Finny said:

I understand the sessions in question (Wednesday 7th May) were "reallocated/rebooked" to accommodate the EIHA needing to reschedule a League fixture for the U16s. The Opponents had been unable to fulfil the originally scheduled date and time.

In the weeks leading up to the game, regular attendees of the DCF and Learn To Play (LTP) were advised that their normal Wednesday session would not take place as "normal".

On Monday 5th May, the U16s fixture was changed from Wednesday 7th May to Thursday 8th May.

The Club therefore had 48 hours notice to get the message out to as many of the regular attendees of the DCF Skill School and LTP sessions that their sessions were back on as normal.

Using Social media was the most appropriate method to get the updated message out to those people needing to know about the late changes.

So yes the message was put out via Social Media and arguably "at the last minute", but now we have significantly more pieces of the jigsaw to "better inform" rumour mongerers.

D

Deleted member 1337

Armchair Coach said:
Finny said:

I understand the sessions in question (Wednesday 7th May) were "reallocated/rebooked" to accommodate the EIHA needing to reschedule a League fixture for the U16s. The Opponents had been unable to fulfil the originally scheduled date and time.

In the weeks leading up to the game, regular attendees of the DCF and Learn To Play (LTP) were advised that their normal Wednesday session would not take place as "normal".

On Monday 5th May, the U16s fixture was changed from Wednesday 7th May to Thursday 8th May.

The Club therefore had 48 hours notice to get the message out to as many of the regular attendees of the DCF Skill School and LTP sessions that their sessions were back on as normal.

Using Social media was the most appropriate method to get the updated message out to those people needing to know about the late changes.

So yes the message was put out via Social Media and arguably "at the last minute", but now we have significantly more pieces of the jigsaw to "better inform" rumour mongerers.
Precisely

Finny

Armchair Coach said:
Finny said:

So that explains the one issue. What about the others?
Will all of next weeks DCF sessions be going ahead?

Kipper

I like many other parents have been paying by direct debit £55 a month for my son's training and match ice time. I'll be mightily hacked off if this money has not been used for the purpose intended

Gingers Husband said:
Or he is ultra thick skinned and deluded enough to really believe he is doing a good job. Paul Sullivan has made comments on social media today openly stating that players are owed wages by the club, as are suppliers. Also that Planet Ice are owed "ice time" monies by the D.C.F. Knowing Paul as I do, I don't think for one minute that he is daft or indeed brave enough to post such comments without some very good evidence. I had heard rumours of both financial shortcomings but they were just that, rumours. For anyone, let alone the perceived head of the militia to put such things into the public domain as fact would suggest that there is way more than a hint of truth about them.
I believe Brent flies home this weekend so would expect a statement first thing Monday saying it was all his fault
aint players been owed money in most seasons gone by? i cant figure out why certain people are raising the issue now :roll:

Finny

discountedawaytravel said:
Gingers Husband said:
aint players been owed money in most seasons gone by? i cant figure out why certain people are raising the issue now :roll:
Not that I was aware of? ;:|

discountedawaytravel said:
Gingers Husband said:
Are you saying that make's it ok to continue not to pay players becasue we haven't in the past ?? get real.

So funny , that this comes up on year after year and no proof, just some word of unhappy ex employee

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

All these rumours of players not been paid and being owed money is confusing me. One of the alleged unpaid players was Kurka, who has signed on for another 2 years. Plus, if some of his team mates were owed money, would he not of gone else where? Would Bowns have signed knowing there was a chance he wouldn't get paid?

I just don't get it? ;:|

James

Administrator

It doesn't make it right but these rumours (or truths as I'm sure there is a degree of truth in some) seem to happen with a lot of clubs every year. In some cases it could be to do with clubs not releasing wages due to damage to property (housing or cars) as has been seen in previous years when players have complained. Like I said, I'm sure in some cases complaints are genuine but there can be two sides.