2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

pete20 said:
I know it's not the news most of you wanted to read or hear richie has gone.2 reasons 1 the money and 2 being stevie lyle's future brother in law the way PAUL RAGAN AND G treated stevie, i know from talking to richie it opened his eyes to the the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.

I'm afraid this is a bit off the mark ( no pun intended) but I know Richie wanted to give it a go in Europe if ever the opportunity arose and luckily for him it did ( unlucky for us). With regards to to the Stevie Lyle claim I dont believe this had any bearing on his decision, he always had a good working relationship with "G" as you would expect from a good pro.
When players are away representing GB there are agents for various clubs in Europe present and when players have a solid tournament like Dowd & Richie they are going to be in the shop window.
Also carrying the tag of " Best British D man" other clubs are going to be looking at you.
I do also believe if an opportunity to play in Europe hadn't materialised he would still be a Cardiff Devils player. Let's hope that the club wished him all the best and we hopefully will see him back in a Devils uniform in the future.

Jones72

Diafol said:
I could be wrong here, but looking at this website would suggest Richie to Kazakhstan is a done deal as of 22nd April:

http://eurohockey.com/club/5480-arlan-kokshetau.html
I digress...I know...but did anyone else spot the news article?

"Referee suspended in Kazakhstan

Referee Vladimir Malienko was suspended until end of season by Kazakhstan Federation for his mistake during regular season game Beybarys Atyrau - Arlan Kokshetau, played last February 3. At minute 17 in the first period Malienko didn't allow a regular goal scored by Arlan defender Samvel Mnatsyan alleging that cage was moved, but video replay didn't confirm. Arlan lost game 2-1"

Blimey...why can't the Elite league do this? Anyway...back to the rumour mill...

I heard that the Elite league will putting in place a fourth official at each game next season and will be fitting refs with a set of 6 electrodes and a battery pack. Whenever a mistake is made by the ref the fourth official will press a big red button that is linked wirelessly to activate the battery pack.

There is talk also of opening this out in a similar fasion to "ref radio" at rugby internationals in order to raise much needed funds.

Mike Hicks is said to be "very twitchy" about the proposal.

:twisted:

dave

Jones72 said:
Diafol said:
I could be wrong here, but looking at this website would suggest Richie to Kazakhstan is a done deal as of 22nd April:

http://eurohockey.com/club/5480-arlan-kokshetau.html
I digress...I know...but did anyone else spot the news article?

"Referee suspended in Kazakhstan

Referee Vladimir Malienko was suspended until end of season by Kazakhstan Federation for his mistake during regular season game Beybarys Atyrau - Arlan Kokshetau, played last February 3. At minute 17 in the first period Malienko didn't allow a regular goal scored by Arlan defender Samvel Mnatsyan alleging that cage was moved, but video replay didn't confirm. Arlan lost game 2-1"

Blimey...why can't the Elite league do this? Anyway...back to the rumour mill...

:twisted:

They do, it is just not published.

DevilDom

Finny said:
pete20 said:
... the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.
Except when he was playing with another team?
My thoughts exactly. I like Stevie but lets get things into perspective here. He was given a 3 year contract (almost unprecented in this league) which was honured by the Devils along with a testimonal year. However it was ok for him to spend a lot of his best years at other clubs (which nobody can balme him for) but when the Devils believe they have better options and decide not to offer him a new contract they are accused of mistreating him?

James

Administrator
MDKWeapons said:
anyone notice the new background on the official devils site? Matzka gone Phill Hill now present? could this be a sign?
Good shout, yes I wouldn't have thought they would have gone to the effort unless they knew. Also well done to the dev team for at least making this background considerably smaller in file size than the 1/2 meg monster there before :DWD

drainage

DevilDom said:
Finny said:
pete20 said:
... the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.
Except when he was playing with another team?
My thoughts exactly. I like Stevie but lets get things into perspective here. He was given a 3 year contract (almost unprecented in this league) which was honured by the Devils along with a testimonal year. However it was ok for him to spend a lot of his best years at other clubs (which nobody can balme him for) but when the Devils believe they have better options and decide not to offer him a new contract they are accused of mistreating him?
Dom I normally disagree with you .....simply because I can and its fun ! However I agree totally with you .....Stevie served us loyally but he also took (quite rightly) his opportunties when they came along. I am sure he would have liked to spend his last playing days in his home city but cold hard business needs have to be considered and G clearly thinks we are better placed with Phil. I cant see how any allegations of mis treatment could even be voiced never mind become fact (and yes I know I dont know the inner workings of the club)

I wish Stevie well and thank him for his service to the club - by its sport and it needs to move on.

voth26

pete20 said:
I know it's not the news most of you wanted to read or hear richie has gone.2 reasons 1 the money and 2 being stevie lyle's future brother in law the way PAUL RAGAN AND G treated stevie, i know from talking to richie it opened his eyes to the the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.
Pete20 I'm not attacking you or your post but I'm getting fed up of lyle being portrayed as hard done by, by the devils and to be clear i dont wear devils colour glasses these are just my feelings on the matter right or wrong. Stevie was a good servant for the club but lets put things in perspective here NO ONE knows the ins and outs of what went on and the reasons behind it all except stevie and G, Stevie spent quite a few yrs away from the devils plying his trade elsewhere for i would guess more money as is his right in the same way it's G's right to sign another nettie, for me it's done to death so lets bury it. As much as i want richie to stay if he has the offer of more money then he's going to take it as we all would so thanks very much richie for your time with the devils it's been a pleasure having you here, you are always welcome and I would love to see in a devils shirt some time in the future.

ASHIPP

As someone rightly posted earlier on here....the hard facts are that Stevie had a 3 year contract (including a very nice testimonial) which was coming to an end. The Club were NOT obligated to re-new that contract with him. Just as players on 1, 2 or 3 year contracts are not obligated to re-new with their teams after that period. Simple as that.

Stevie was a fantastic servant for the Club, and a very experienced netminder. But it's a coach's job to look to improve the team each year. So far, the signs are there that this is happening. ;)

As for Richie - who can blame him for considering that rarest of chances....an opportunity to play overseas. He deserves it. He has never made a secret of the fact he would love to do it. If he feels it's right, then we should wish him all the very best whilst he enjoys this chance. He is a class act who would be sorely missed -and let's pray we see him back in the Red, Black and White soon. :cool:

Finny

Have I watched/listened to an interview with G recently where he says that he is speaking to players that he has been in contact with for several years?

Or have my hockey dreams started already?

ASHIPP

Talking about players that have been linked with the Devils previously/ or been monitored, Tim Konsorada and Bruce Graham also spring to mind. :D

voth26

Hynod said:
Logan Stevenson, Eric Giosa and Hugh Jessiman to Devils.
Is Hugh Jessiman the guy who finally made the nhl after something like 9yrs of trying!!!! if it's him i seem to remember not many people wanting him. im sure someone will enlighten me

DevilDom

Hugh Jessiman played 2 games for the Florida Panthers last year after initially being drafted back in 2003.

He has a ton of AHL experience and has scored at around a point a game in the ECHL. His stats looks like he would rip it up in our league.