2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

with all the short cumings of this p r idea ? that have been aired on here, makes me wounder, surly p r talked at lenth to g , franny and brent pope and still came up with this can't lose idea, did not one of the 3 mentioned above see nothing wrong with his vision ? did all 3 agree that all p r said on that video was spot on and happey for him to take it forward. g has enuff to contend with, with one arm tied behind his back so to think losing his supply of up and coming kids don't make any sence to me.

redtilldead said:
with all the short cumings of this p r idea ? that have been aired on here, makes me wounder, surly p r talked at lenth to g , franny and brent pope and still came up with this can't lose idea, did not one of the 3 mentioned above see nothing wrong with his vision ? did all 3 agree that all p r said on that video was spot on and happey for him to take it forward. g has enuff to contend with, with one arm tied behind his back so to think losing his supply of up and coming kids don't make any sence to me.
If you think that Mr Ragan consults with anyone and actually takes their input on board you are, I'm afraid, sadly mistaken. Some players have big egos, Jade Galbraith for example, the main difference between Galbraith and Ragan is that one of them is highly talented and the other is seemingly pretty clueless.

Ok, few rumours that I have heard are extremely close to completed. . . .

Alex Symonds - Basingstoke

Jade Galbraith - Coventry

Phil Hill - Belfast (agreed)

Stevie Lyle - Basingstoke ?!?

Colt King - Coventry/Nottingham/Cardiff

I would love to see us sign Colt King !

Sheincar

devilsfan66 said:
Ok, few rumours that I have heard are extremely close to completed. . . .

Alex Symonds - Basingstoke

Jade Galbraith - Coventry

Phil Hill - Belfast (agreed)

Stevie Lyle - Basingstoke ?!?

Colt King - Coventry/Nottingham/Cardiff

I would love to see us sign Colt King !
I have no information either way but given the apparent level of non-coaching done by DC at the World Championships and the headless chickens style of play he employed I would be really amazed if Phil went to Belfast.

Gazza272

I really hope all this name dropping of Phil Hill is because he is already signed. Otherwise its going to make us look a bit silly.

Also if he does go based on all this talk about him in talks its going to make us look like we dont have a plan B imo.

TheStub

Thread starter #538
Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Gazza272 said:
Matt Towe has left Guildford.

Could he be the EPL player we were in talks with?
Not sure. There was quite a bit of animosity when he left. He felt that he had been promised a role and that instead of developing he was expected to prop up the third line.

I wouldn't upset with him returning. On a decent line he could really produce.

Gazza272

Re: Re: 2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

TheStub said:
Gazza272 said:
Matt Towe has left Guildford.

Could he be the EPL player we were in talks with?
Not sure. There was quite a bit of animosity when he left. He felt that he had been promised a role and that instead of developing he was expected to prop up the third line.

I wouldn't upset with him returning. On a decent line he could really produce.

I certainly think Towe had the raw end of the Deal when Finnerty arrived and we simply had too many centres and Towe was shuffled to the wing.

In saying that you can go through life holding grudges, and if G wanted him I would hope Towe would see that the fans certainly appreciated him (A playoff game in Nottingham where we had tonnes of Injuries he was simply spectacular at centre at the NIC) That he could find it in himself to come back and make a big contribution.

Simmsy seems to think he could be Belfast bound though.