2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

DC was assistant coach behind Tony Hand and the 2 games he coached were against the eventual gold and silver teams as expected.

Are you also forgetting that he coached the Giants to the league title last season or did they run about like headless chickens for 56 games.

Maybe Hill fancies a fresh challenge ,though the Giants have announced David Phillips as signed for 2 years so maybe he's Dowds replacement and we will go with an extra import forward this year.

Sheincar

No I'm not forgetting. However I stand by my observation that for the 2 games he was in charge at the WC there seemed to be no game plan whatsoever. He rarely spoke to the players on the bench & seemed far more interested in the tron. In addition I've been told by more that one person from Belfast that DC only has a plan A. If that doesn't work he has no plan B & senior players had to then take over.

Don't think TK would sign a coach with only a plan A, DC always talks to the players behind the bench and is a stickler for detail , he signed and coached a competitive Caps team so certainly has more than one plan of action.

Sheincar

ggiant said:
Don't think TK would sign a coach with only a plan A, DC always talks to the players behind the bench and is a stickler for detail , he signed and coached a competitive Caps team so certainly has more than one plan of action.
Maybe he does at Belfast but he certainly didn't @ the WC.He barely spoke to them & Neillson was doing the geeing up of the team.

On 9HM Twitter last week it said Symo had agreed terms to sign with a UK EPL team so i dont think we will be seeing him back playing in Wales just yet. Safe money is probably on basiingstoke as that is where his coach from last season has gone. Most Likely the same with Joe Greener i would say, not expecting to see either in ELite next year although i could be wrong of course!

G said last night that we had spoken to Danny Meyers, but Danny thanked us for the interest but said he had an offer already that he was going to accept.

it actually said Symonds has signed for a UK team, it didnt mention elite or EPL, but agreed it's highly unlikely either him or Towe would want to come back here. Sheppard moving to Basingstoke would probably want to take his better players with him, so wouldnt be surprised to see Symo and a few others follow him, as a very good coach.

ASHIPP

bluedevil said:
G said last night that we had spoken to Danny Meyers, but Danny thanked us for the interest but said he had an offer already that he was going to accept.
If G has spoken to Danny Meyers, it could be taken that Richie probably really is leaving the Devils for pastures new? :shock:

Can see DM playing for the Blaze - a team local fairly local to him. The fact that he will know Thommo and his coaching style very well, and that the Blaze still require key experienced Brits whilst PT rebuilds the roster - a good move for DM. He could make a huge difference to that team.

Anyone read Cyrillic? Looking on Kazak websites yields nothing. Lots of noise indeed if you google Mark, and there's no smoke without fire. He's linked to Arlan Kokshetau. The first two syllables of the second word sound like two words I said when it seemed Richie was offski.

I know it's not the news most of you wanted to read or hear richie has gone.2 reasons 1 the money and 2 being stevie lyle's future brother in law the way PAUL RAGAN AND G treated stevie, i know from talking to richie it opened his eyes to the the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.

pete20 said:
I know it's not the news most of you wanted to read or hear richie has gone.2 reasons 1 the money and 2 being stevie lyle's future brother in law the way PAUL RAGAN AND G treated stevie, i know from talking to richie it opened his eyes to the the way they treated stevie who has been with the club some way or other since he was 7year old.
Players come and go and no one is irreplaceable. If he wants to go then good luck and thanks .... Simples