2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Skippy

Looks like Fife have realized that 6 imports won't do the job.

“We’re still running with six imports, and I think that number needs pushed up to eight – immediately.

“We’re starting to score goals. We just need a solid defence back there to allow Zemlak and Daly to stop the puck for us. At the moment we’re needing to score eight to win games, which is a tall ask.

“By going up to eight imports and bringing in another couple of defencemen that would allow us to become an improved hockey team.

“We’re not playing great hockey right now, but I feel we’re on the verge of soemthing good. We just need some help.”

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/ice-ho ... _1_1933737

Sounds like finances are strong enough to support that then.

I thought they were testing the waters before committing funds at the start. Looks like crowds have been strong enough to move up.

If they can go back to filling that arena week in, week out they will be a force in the league.

I hope they have the vision to do that.

ASHIPP

skippy said:
Got to be said I wish they we recruited this well, I mean we struggle to get 10 / 11 imports in under the wage cap and somehow Belfast now have 13 !!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 70036.html
Well, once Christiansen has a fully fit squad, maybe 1 or 2 will be released. Crane playing cover for Rebek, Clarke has replaced LeBlanc and McBride still injured. I believe Awada was literally a temporary stop-gap. However, he's slotted back so well perhaps he will stay on.

ASHIPP said:
skippy said:
Got to be said I wish they we recruited this well, I mean we struggle to get 10 / 11 imports in under the wage cap and somehow Belfast now have 13 !!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 70036.html
Well, once Christiansen has a fully fit squad, maybe 1 or 2 will be released. Crane playing cover for Rebek, Clarke has replaced LeBlanc and McBride still injured. I believe Awada was literally a temporary stop-gap. However, he's slotted back so well perhaps he will stay on.

Awada lives in Belfast ( his wife's from here) he's currently at the ulster university, Clark replaces Leblanc who's gone back to Canada and crane was signed at the start of the season as cover. So when the squad are fit crane will sit out, or rotate to give players a rest and awAda will carry on at school but will step up if needed.

Skippy

kettdevil1 said:
Hmmm yet to be convinced about that. The guy is actually RJ Flath, useful but hardly a top import compared to the Blaze's latest.
You mean Dustin Wood or Park? I'm not sure why people are so down on Flath on other forums ... looks a decent player to me. You don't get a contract in Denmark as an import if you aren't any good and seems to have put up good numbers so far this season.

Park is certainly interesting and looking forward to seeing him, but if you were looking for a solid player, I'd take the seasoned CHLer over a South Korean who has never played outside his home league.

kettdevil1

J.B said:
kettdevil1 said:
Hmmm yet to be convinced about that. The guy is actually RJ Flath, useful but hardly a top import compared to the Blaze's latest.
You mean Dustin Wood or Park? I'm not sure why people are so down on Flath on other forums ... looks a decent player to me. You don't get a contract in Denmark as an import if you aren't any good and seems to have put up good numbers so far this season.

Park is certainly interesting and looking forward to seeing him, but if you were looking for a solid player, I'd take the seasoned CHLer over a South Korean who has never played outside his home league.
I was actually talking about Park - he is a step into the unknown but at least in theory, he is top draw.

Flath looks like a decent player but, for me he does not merit the title "top import".