Search results

1. Paul Sullivan

Fans' Forum

Damned if they do or don't, eh? This isn't aimed at you Kev, but your comment does highlight something for me. I really struggle when folks have complaints and issues and either don't attend, presume nothing will change, or don't even acknowledge the willingness of those who can make changes...
  2. Paul Sullivan

Carruth

Dressing rooms tend to sort themselves out. And if they don't management usually does. Never known that happen for no reason, even if sometimes an unpopular one. I've always been a Bownsy supporter and fan. I too am baffled by the level of the love in for a guy who, on both their best days...
  3. Paul Sullivan

Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 23 - FO 16:00

Have I said that? I am in the physical style camp for my preference like many a (particularly long term) Devils fan. So I would prefer to go down fighting if we must go down at all. I just think most posts can be distilled into great when we win and crap when we lose. The reaction to the...
  4. Paul Sullivan

I don't remember crowing abut beating the Blaze in my post. I said nobody said it was boring as shit. Nobody likes losing but the team is second only to the best Steelers outfit in at least 12 years who are destroying everyone. I just don't get why anything less than a physical battle and...
  5. Paul Sullivan

I have more than a little experience with the protest thing, one might say.... If you are honestly comparing those reasons to a team that is paid, professionally treated and not flogged live livestock, I'd genuinely suggest having a word wth yourself. Or maybe a couple of those who played in...
  6. Paul Sullivan

What the Giants offer.....

It's nice for them to have this video, but it's a tradition of looking after the guys in a first class way that they continued after their last GM left them, and headed to God's country. Also, while I understand criticism about not making player moves sometimes as quickly as fans would like...
  7. Paul Sullivan

Devils medalions

Always considered myself a good soldier for the cause but there would come a time surely were you look at your stall and think 'what the actual f***?'
  8. Paul Sullivan

Todd comments

So we go from 'he can do one' to reason and calm once the context is more fully understood. Honestly, sometimes... There's plenty of times we've had serious things to worry about. I'm all for discussion and opinions but I genuinely believe some of our fans actively seek to create some drama...
  9. Paul Sullivan

Hypocrisy

Agreed, however we're in murky waters with liability insurance, health coverage for officials, etc. It's independently scheduled for sure, but you could make the case it's officially 'sanctioned', even if the rules are, erm, 'fluid'. Old school me wants it sorted on the ice for sure, but I also...
  10. Paul Sullivan

Dops

My question would be a simple one - if DOPS don't want to be involved preseason - that's one thing but: What if someone went all Scott Young on a stripey? No suspension? Consistency is one thing. Safety and stupidity are very different things.
  11. Paul Sullivan

Devils Vs Flyers - League - 25th March 23 - 19:00 FO

Just wondering if you're counting the two pandemic affected ones twice, or the two with Championships in?
  12. Paul Sullivan

Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

Wow. Ignorant, incorrect and downright dreadful post. Glad it seems to have been edited.
  13. Paul Sullivan

New Devils' Signing today.....is Chad the new Sacratini?

To answer the OP - no. There's only one Stallion. Could he however be the new Culligan? That for me would be very welcome. Played one game F, one game D this weekend. No easy feat. Culli was a master at this and another like him would arguably be more use than anything right now. Now if he can...
  14. Paul Sullivan

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

Claptrap. No evidence to base this on and this bilious drivel helps nobody. Our owners and GM want this Club to win as much as any Cardiff native or fan I have met. The drive and desire to succeed is actually palpable. Whilst you are of course entitled to your opinion, you could not be any...
  15. Paul Sullivan

steelers Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 7th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO

Context and headline writing are a bitch though eh? The full quote: "Anyone who gets in our way of a trophy we want to bulldoze, it is not easy to do that so we will need to come with our 'A game' and go from there." I like that that is the attitude in the room regarding trophies. We have...
  16. Paul Sullivan

Stars Vs Devils - League - 12th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

No earthly clue who you are so I can’t say the same with certainty. Good old usernames. You don’t need anyone to point out any shortcomings. Your posts are doing a fine job of that if nothing else. (That’s called criticising the post not the poster fyi). As you were Mr Bowman….
  17. Paul Sullivan

It was a for instance comment. If I wanted to quote or accuse you it would have been crystal. You’re entitled to your opinion of course. Fairly sure Richie’s record for us and GB speaks as loudly as is necessary.
  18. Paul Sullivan

I’m not pally with them either. I saw about 12 of the team out this year and I only recognised 4 of them. Merely saying someone who comes across well socially doesn’t automatically make a C. The same is true in reverse. I get that the microscope gets turned to electron mode if fans aren’t...
  19. Paul Sullivan

couldn’t disagree more. I’ve seen captains throw hissy fits. Coaches too It spreads like cancer to the rest. Think Thommo for prime example. As for can’t have a quiet captain? There are too many hockey examples to name. Legends of the game.
  20. Paul Sullivan

How someone plays or chats in the bar and how they lead a group of players is rarely mirrored. I’d take a Richie all day as my C. And, having seen many many of our very best players talk about him, more importantly, so would they.