Stars Vs Devils - League - 12th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmo19.1

I’ve decided to give tonight a miss - and that’s passing up on a free corporate hospitality invite to eat and drink until you burst! This team has drained my enthusiasm over the past 6 weeks! All I want to see is passion and a real desire to win, a focused work ethic and everyone battling for the cause.

I’m not going to waste 2 hours of my time sitting though a rinse and repeat performance of mediocrity, non-contact passionless drivel! It’s got soooo boring this season that I’d rather do the ironing!

august04 2.0

Not once did I say your opinion means nothing to me. I even said how I admire your enthusiasm, but there we go. Just go into defensive mode straight away. Think it’s an absolute shame you and others feel that way, but do feel it deters from the love you profess to have. You’re very vocal on here which shows you care, but get behind the club. The club is bigger than the players and will still be here long after they’ve gone. Personally, looking forward to tonight. Got to turn the corner at some point and here’s hoping it’s tonight. No, I’m not a ‘happy clapper’ either before anyone says anything . Another statement a few like to sling round here about fellow fans. Inclusive lot aren’t we
I don’t think wannabe2 needs any instruction from you to “get behind the club”. I don’t always agree with him, and that’s fine, but it’s down to fans like him that we have a club now.

TL91

I don’t think wannabe2 needs any instruction from you to “get behind the club”. I don’t always agree with him, and that’s fine, but it’s down to fans like him that we have a club now.
I’m not instructing anyone. If he’s instrumental in the club still existing, fantastic. Makes the given up attitude all the more surprising. Yes you can then say, we’ll, it must be bad if they’re like that - valid point. But jeez it’s 3 months into a season - would expect that from someone who’s just started turning up perhaps.

Samael

We used to say Lord was too nice with the players aswell. I'm sure as he transitioned into the role from player to player coach and then to full time coach he had to find the line.

I do partially agree with what Mooney says about man management. Going nuts with some people has the reverse effect. Thing is though, much like Dupont's on ice tactics, what he is saying to them to elicit a response clearly isn't working so something has to change, l don't mean sack him and 5 or 6 players. I mean he has to change his approach and so do the leaders in the locker room. It was suggested Coughler be given the C. I think he'd make a fantastic lead by example sort of choice but l remember when Joey M was made captain too, his form dipped a bit and l think it was due to the additional pressure as he wasn't just focusing on his own game anymore. I'm not sure if this would happen to Jake. I guess what I'm saying is some people just aren't meant to lead, and it's a skill that rarely is learned, while to others it comes naturally exactly because of their character.

Last edited:

Paul Sullivan

We used to say Lord was too nice with the players aswell. I'm sure as he transitioned into the role from player to player coach and then to full time coach he had to find the line.

I do partially agree with what Mooney says about man management. Going nuts with some people has the reverse effect. Thing is though, much like Dupont's on ice tactics, what he is saying to them to illicit a response clearly isn't working so something has to change, l don't mean sack him and 5 or 6 players. I mean he has to change his approach and so do the leaders in the locker room. It was suggested Coughler be given the C. I think he'd make a fantastic lead by example sort of choice but l remember when Joey M was made captain too, his form dipped a bit and l think it was due to the additional pressure as he wasn't just focusing on his own game anymore. I'm not sure if this would happen to Jake. I guess what I'm saying is some people just aren't meant to lead, and it's a skill that rarely is learned, while to others it comes naturally exactly because of their character.
How someone plays or chats in the bar and how they lead a group of players is rarely mirrored. I’d take a Richie all day as my C. And, having seen many many of our very best players talk about him, more importantly, so would they.

Samael

How someone plays or chats in the bar and how they lead a group of players is rarely mirrored. I’d take a Richie all day as my C. And, having seen many many of our very best players talk about him, more importantly, so would they.
I'm not pally pally with the players in the bar so l wouldn't know Paul...

All l know is we are losing games and players that were previously playing well for and as a team (Louis, Batch and Duggan for example) are now on vacation. That isn't just down to Dupont in my view.

doron

for me, a person that takes a captaincy, does so knowing it entails in getting in the team's faces and telling them some home truths. and the players will know this, it also means that the captain has to lead by example. you cant have a quiet captain otherwise whats the point. team captains are supposed to throw pissy fits. for me that's one problem , 2 not good enough goalie, 3 players brought back on buddy terms, and not performance. and for what ever reason coaching not working.

Paul Sullivan

for me, a person that takes a captaincy, does so knowing it entails in getting in the team's faces and telling them some home truths. and the players will know this, it also means that the captain has to lead by example. you cant have a quiet captain otherwise whats the point. team captains are supposed to throw pissy fits. for me that's one problem , 2 not good enough goalie, 3 players brought back on buddy terms, and not performance. and for what ever reason coaching not working.
couldn’t disagree more. I’ve seen captains throw hissy fits. Coaches too It spreads like cancer to the rest. Think Thommo for prime example. As for can’t have a quiet captain? There are too many hockey examples to name. Legends of the game.

Paul Sullivan

I'm not pally pally with the players in the bar so l wouldn't know Paul...

All l know is we are losing games and players that were previously playing well for and as a team (Louis, Batch and Duggan for example) are now on vacation. That isn't just down to Dupont in my view.
I’m not pally with them either. I saw about 12 of the team out this year and I only recognised 4 of them. Merely saying someone who comes across well socially doesn’t automatically make a C. The same is true in reverse.
I get that the microscope gets turned to electron mode if fans aren’t happy. It’s sport. But the baby and the bath water aren’t the same commodity.

Samael

And where did l say being the life and soul of the party makes for a good captain or leader?

Fact is though, as much as many think the sun shines out of Mark Richardson's arse be it those on the bench or the 'experts' on here, motivation to win appears to be absent right now. It is the responsibility of the coach, captain and the assistants to fix this.

Last edited:

Paul Sullivan

And where did l say being the life and soul of the party makes for a good captain or leader?

Fact is though, as much as many think the sun shines out of Mark Richardson's arse be it those on the bench or the 'experts' on here, motivation to win appears to be absent right now. It is the responsibility of the coach, captain and the assistants to fix this.
It was a for instance comment. If I wanted to quote or accuse you it would have been crystal. You’re entitled to your opinion of course. Fairly sure Richie’s record for us and GB speaks as loudly as is necessary.

Samael

Yes dear, its 'crystal' you and l don't share the same opinion about many things regarding the team. Run along now, Ritchie needs his boots licking.

Paul Sullivan

Yes dear, its 'crystal' you and l don't share the same opinion about many things regarding the team. Run along now, Ritchie needs his boots licking.
No earthly clue who you are so I can’t say the same with certainty. Good old usernames.
You don’t need anyone to point out any shortcomings. Your posts are doing a fine job of that if nothing else. (That’s called criticising the post not the poster fyi).
As you were Mr Bowman….

Samael

I really shouldnt read the inferno when my insomnia flares up.

Stating the obvious, by saying my posts are critical, then saying that is you critcising the post not the poster, who you then sarcastically call Mr Bowman.

You're something else Sullivan, you report my last post to get James sniffing around the thread then try to flame me. Lol

TL91

I really shouldnt read the inferno when my insomnia flares up.

Stating the obvious, by saying my posts are critical, then saying that is you critcising the post not the poster, who you then sarcastically call Mr Bowman.

You're something else Sullivan, you report my last post to get James sniffing around the thread then try to flame me. Lol
Almost as big a troll as Mazzaok

Status
Not open for further replies.