2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Ocko

We had 17 fights all year, 7th lowest in the league, but won the league. Our lowest amounts of fights in any Devils season in history resulted in one of our best trophy hauls.

Fitzgerald handled both of our currently signed tough guys pretty easily, Louis and Faryna, so unless we sign a monster will they really miss another heavyweight?

ASHIPP

Wether it's him or not, Boychuk tweeted a video from the Calgary Stampede!! Could he be one of the signing anouncements, could he??
The Stampede is a massive event in Canada each Summer...bit like our Glastonbury Festival except it celebrates all things agricultural and historically important and they have some C and W music headliners too- Calgary is invaded by thousands and thousands of people for a few days.

We had 17 fights all year, 7th lowest in the league, but won the league. Our lowest amounts of fights in any Devils season in history resulted in one of our best trophy hauls.

Fitzgerald handled both of our currently signed tough guys pretty easily, Louis and Faryna, so unless we sign a monster will they really miss another heavyweight?
fitzy also handed us the title with his antics and mistakes in at least 3 home fixtures when we played the steelers

Vartel

Wether it's him or not, Boychuk tweeted a video from the Calgary Stampede!! Could he be one of the signing anouncements, could he??
I wonder if Steve and the rest will troll the fans at the live stream by having a friendly local higher skill player like that with them, who is just there for a chat and a beer, but not actually signed

ASHIPP

Boychuk is Alberta born and bred and is probably home for the Summer and hanging out at the Stampede like many thousands of locals. A highly skilled player who could still return to the NHL.
Nothing more to see here.

Although apparently Jarome Iginla is still a free agent, has Calgary connections and he takes his family to the Stampede in the past. Guess there could be a slim outside chance with him! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kal

I wonder if Steve and the rest will troll the fans at the live stream by having a friendly local higher skill player like that with them, who is just there for a chat and a beer, but not actually signed
Johnny Gaudreau is attending aswell would be great exposure if they could get a few mins with him.

Ocko

The amount of times Boychuk has been mentioned by fans around the league is hilarious, just because he starts following people. He follows over 600k people, if you mention hockey in a tweet eventually you'll end up on his follows list.

And the stampede is attended by literally millions over the period, if you're from Calgary you'll end up there at some point.

zoesdevil

The amount of times Boychuk has been mentioned by fans around the league is hilarious, just because he starts following people. He follows over 600k people, if you mention hockey in a tweet eventually you'll end up on his follows list.

And the stampede is attended by literally millions over the period, if you're from Calgary you'll end up there at some point.
It's a rumours page, people are allowed to speculate, it's not like we are saying Stamkos maybe signing!! It's not massively out of the question either, stranger things have happened, maybe the mods should change the page name to the "Rumours slightly delicate folk"!!

Ocko

It's a rumours page, people are allowed to speculate, it's not like we are saying Stamkos maybe signing!! It's not massively out of the question either, stranger things have happened, maybe the mods should change the page name to the "Rumours slightly delicate folk"!!
Delicate? No, just offering a logical opinion of why firstly he follows Devils fans and secondly why he would be at the stampede. Your reaction to rational questioning of your made up rumour was rather delicate. Do you really think we can compete with the salary of KHL teams? It's this expectation that works people into a frenzy and makes big disappointment about 3 re-signings that we should be happy about.

He followed a load of Panthers fans last year and they all thought he was signing for them.

Wagstaff

I tested your theory and followed him yesterday afternoon, just as I went to bed my phone pinged to tell me that he had followed me...... so he may be coming to Blaze too!