Recent content by Imp

1. Imp

IIHF Worlds 2020 ... Cancelled

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm/news/18344/2020-iihf-ice-hockey-world-championship-cancelled
  2. Imp

Ticket Refunds

Anyone else checked their card statements over the last day or two? It looks like I have received refunds for some of the March tickets. Unannounced, unrequested, some from the Devils and probably Steelers too by the looks of it.
  3. Imp

Season Cancelled

At the very least, I'll wait to see the details. If I had access to the luxury of a season ticket, I may feel differently.
  4. Imp

Season Cancelled

Probably better to think of it as "we paid for a weekend of hockey", we'll get a rescheduled and quite different weekend of hockey. POFW20 Is dead. Long live EOWH20! EIHL Opening Weekend of Hockey 2020
  5. Imp

Benti retires

6. Imp

Email with regards to tickets bought.

Short term ... it delays the problem. There’s a reasonable chance the majority of fans will just accept the offer as it stands and they have 2+ months to get up to speed with the logistics of rebooking tickets. If they explicitly offer a refund, they’re immediately faced with a deluge of...
  7. Imp

Email with regards to tickets bought.

If I didn't know that they're snowed under I'd be cheeky and ask for guaranteed Cup Final tickets by way of exchange. :D
  8. Imp

Season Cancelled

Just had an email from Premier Inn saying they'll be offering people the chance to rebook or cancel. Doesn't directly relate to POFW but hopefully similar mails will be reaching hockey fans (and from other chains).
  9. Imp

Season Cancelled

I assume you are not familiar with the interest rates applied to business accounts at ~0.0% :D Maybe 20p per £1000 per month, probably less (ie. nothing), and possibly even a nett loss with bank charges.
  10. Imp

EIHL 2020/21 Arena Webcast

Speculating. No idea of the actual logistics... It seems clear (from various throwaway remarks in various interviews) that, financially, Dundee Stars and Fife Flyers are hit particularly hard by the premature end to the season. Neither arena is particularly large and they are far enough North...
  11. Imp

Season Cancelled

My best guess would be that they’re committed to paying for the arena and appreciate that a lot of people have hotel bookings, have realised that refunds are unlikely/impossible - whereas rescheduling ‘something’ might be - and are engaged in a massive damage limitation exercise. i really see...
  12. Imp

Season Cancelled

So many factors at play here. The volume of refunds is huge and likely far far bigger than ‘the system‘ is designed to cope with. It’s not just Devils and Devils games, it is potentially thousand of events and millions of refunds. That money is (largely) not paid directly to The Devils. At the...
  13. Imp

Season Cancelled

Statement for Managing Director Todd Kelman https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/statement-managing-director-todd-kelman/
  14. Imp

Season Cancelled

“... the ripple effects of the slowdown will vary depending on the league and the market ...” https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/13/nba-nhl-mls-mlb-suspensions-financial-effects
  15. Imp

Season Cancelled

Looking at a few stories from the football sphere, I am suddenly very grateful that we don't have promotion/relegation to deal with in EIHL. We can argue the toss forever with Steelers about who would have finished on top of the league. Stars can tell the world that they'd have won POFW20. if...