Recent content by Imp

1. Imp

Plymouth rink

It’s really more about the size of arena people seem to expect. Devils (maybe) wish that they had an extra 1000 seats right now, but 3-4 years ago 3,000 looked riskily ambitious. Manchester, Guildford, Coventry, Dundee, rarely seem ‘packed’ ... and that’s for EIHL, which is probably 5-10...
  2. Imp

Plymouth rink

Plymouth’s catchment area is huge, but population density is very low. Everything west of Bristol adds up to less than twice the Greater Manchester area. Plymouth itself is significantly smaller than Cardiff and has no track record with the sport (let alone “of success”). It’ll do ... as a start.
  3. Imp

Team GB vs Romania

Weirdly happy to meet someone wearing a Leeds Chiefs top at the games yesterday. Lots of positives but somehow that was a highlight... like someone getting a new puppy!
  4. Imp

DOPS Changes

Excellent post. Sometimes they need to be long. ”The demand” to know maybe unreadonable but “The desire” to know is ultimately positive. All of these posts essential reduce to, “Will someone please explain the difference between A & B (because I can't see it).”
  5. Imp

DOPS Changes

Slow Motion: Live Action: Most recent DOPS ruling on a check to the head that I could find: https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/article/332-anthony-deluca-suspended-for-one-game Key References: Check to the head Unsuspecting Reckless and endangering Category 1 – Careless Personally, no idea what...
  6. Imp

DOPS Changes

I've seen speculation from 3-5 games for a potential Marjamäki suspension. 3 seems like a reasonable minimum expectation: 2 for, +1 for previous. Next five Devils games: 15/02 Vs Blaze 16/02 @ Flames 19/02 Vs Flyers 22/02 Vs Flames 23/02 @ Blaze
  7. Imp

Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - 29/01/20 - CC Semi-Final 2

Quite stressful, this fan thing. :)
  8. Imp

Pride Jersey Auction

The sale order has an impact and selling some ‘club’ pride jerseys in advance probably took a bit of pressure off as well.
  9. Imp

Sointu moves on

10. Imp

Cardiff bay arena

Cardiff Devils are literally the closest EIHL team for the whole of the South West of the UK. With Bristol gone - or playing in Swindon? - Devils are very nearly the closest team, period. Gosport (Solent, NIHL 1) and Swindon (NIHL 2) are a little bit closer, if you live east of the M5, but they...
  11. Imp

New Devils podcast

He’s now up to Episode 19 and this is definitely worth a listen if you can find time in your schedule for it. https://anchor.fm/oliver-hampson/episodes/Episode-19---GB--Situation-Rooms-and-Defending-Benti-eadr94 I personally struggle to make time for podcasts, audio doesn’t fit my schedule...
  12. Imp

Pride Jersey Auction

Low end £200-ish, most £300-ish, some £400s and a couple of £600s (Bowns ... and Haddad?) £300+ is a good estimate, with the exceptions being the ones you’d probably guess (Blood Jersey - low; Bowns, Martin, ... - high).
  13. Imp

Sointu moves on