Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

Swarley

Given their long association with the devils, I'm sure things will be sensibly done. This is a massive step forward though. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the main sponsor. Was the blues thing a single or multi year deal?
If memory serves I think it was a yearly deal

lloyd_jeff

The IAW just got another name starting with a V. I hope they adopt the Vindico Ice Arena Wales name or similar rather than just the Vindico Arena since it’s still a bit of a grey building most people ignore, unless they’re associated with some ice participation. Great news though.

Kevlar68

Very impressive CV, short on games last season, maybe an injury or signed late on and 37, experience at his level can be better in this league than age sometimes.
Look at Strachan and Mikkelson.

Last edited:

JC23

doron

after watching a utube video on him, he has had one hell of a career. his early years was outstanding, he was one hell of a player , now not so much , his age and injury's over the years may have something to do with that thou. he doesn't need the money that's for sure. he could buy his own eihl team. his experience and training, of others would be of much value thou.

Devils86

So we can't really announce any signings (even the 'nailed on' 3 or 4) until the coach is announced....

How about announcing that the first signings and the coach will be unveiled at the arena at a QnA type thing - did one before when Matt Pope was Taz ISTR

Needing something/anything at this point TBH. TF for the Testimonial, and Cardiff Comets playing this Saturday - will likely pop down

moggy#9

Not for me I think that’s a backward step, once he turned orange he closed that door prefer to see a young feisty player myself. It’s about new faces now for me, reading about and getting to know new players substitutes a bit for not seeing any live hockey.
I respect that view, but was it not suggested at the time that he wasn't wanted here by skalde?

Devil94

I felt a bit meh when we first signed Mosey but he won me round with his performances, and it was very handy to have a utility player that could slot in anywhere.
I would have been very happy for him to stay with us, but now a few years down the line and the history of injuries he has I feel like we should probably not go back and look elsewhere.
I can see it happening though, Pee Russell signed him in Freiburg so obviously a fan.

Swarley

I respect that view, but was it not suggested at the time that he wasn't wanted here by skalde?
Nope he went on Wallys podcast and admitted he didn't call the club back after they offered him a spot he just sat around and they moved on after not hearing from him, tbh I wouldn't want him back now as he's been injured alot and if it was a choice between him or Chad coming back I'd take Chad any day.