Keep or Can

Have Hope#35

i know from a very reliable source that dixon wanted to be part of the coaching team this season. The devils made a position available for him then he went and signed for Glasgow...
Not quite true - This has been confirmed by both parties on Podcasts. Cardiff would've accommodated his coaching requirements but when discussed with Todd he had already committed to going to Glasgow:

Appreciate that... Just pointing out it was slightly different! Sounds like he had another year in him at Cardiff but jumped at the opportunity at a Coaching gig with Glasgow a bit too soon. After what he's gone through I bet he wishes he was still with us.
think he would have been a better option than would we currently have

Kevin roog

This has got to be the first season on here when this type of thread(keep or get rid) hasn’t drew any comments from the happy clappers,you know the (how dare you,leave it til the end of the season or the players will cry) type of comment,it shows how fed up people are

Diablo3

i know from a very reliable source that dixon wanted to be part of the coaching team this season. The devils made a position available for him then he went and signed for Glasgow...
He'd already signed for Glasgow because he was friends with the coach. We didn't have a chance to sign him. (Ignore this, already answered)

Diablo3

When people are choosing players, any thoughts on possible retirees?
I'm thinking Coughler may have had enough with serious concussion.
Louis is a candidate, does he have another season in him?
Batchy may be ready to retire and maybe even Bowns
Richie will still be playing at 50 :)

Finny

This has got to be the first season on here when this type of thread(keep or get rid) hasn’t drew any comments from the happy clappers,you know the (how dare you,leave it til the end of the season or the players will cry) type of comment,it shows how fed up people are
Oh I still believe that during the season is the wrong time for posting these type of threads. But these days sadly if you criticise criticism you just get personal attacks.

Plus I’m still too annoyed/disappointed after last nights result.

The_Stick_

When people are choosing players, any thoughts on possible retirees?
I'm thinking Coughler may have had enough with serious concussion.
Louis is a candidate, does he have another season in him?
Batchy may be ready to retire and maybe even Bowns
Richie will still be playing at 50 :)
I have a feeling Jardine will

Kevin roog

Oh I still believe that during the season is the wrong time for posting these type of threads. But these days sadly if you criticise criticism you just get personal attacks.

Plus I’m still too annoyed/disappointed after last nights result.
I’d think you have a point if it was Xmas or before,but 7 months in,still lack of passion,power play getting worse,short handed goals recently,owners in town last night,live on tv,chance to go one point behind belfast,and they give us that

lloyd_jeff

I think the key question that's not being asked is what the general feeling is on Dupont. On another thread it seems fairly conclusive though, despite the owners apparently believing he's the guy. Personally, as I've thought from the beginning, he is most assuredly not the guy.
For all my criticism of certain business decisions, PR & abilities of Todd, I’d be really shocked had the owners not responded in the way they did. I’d be equally shocked if they actually believed the comments they made. If Dupont is here next season, it’ll be because of circumstances outside of their control, l fully believe they want rid of Dupont just as much as most regular fans. We will see what happens in the summer, I’ve a feeling someone is in talks, just need a bit of……….encouragement. We will see.

The_Puck

Louis❌ - cheap but I feel there’s better players out there for that price
Davies✅ - great brit for the 4th line
Brittain❌ - expected so much more from him
Crawford✅ - high point scoring d man is a must, and he has the potential to improve even more at only 25.
Duggan✅ - great brit who I believe will be future captain one day
Richie✅ - doesn’t age at all, one player that hopefully doesn’t retire anytime soon
Jardine✅ - riddled with injuries unfortunately but there’s still a really good player in there. Just needs a bit more confidence
Reid❌ - great player last year but he looks a different player this year, much slower, worse shooting, etc
Crandall ✅❌ - yeah he doesn’t look great this year but there is still a player in him, just needs the right line mates that play to his ability
Pietronirio - ✅ - we’ve needed a swing guy since mosey and I feel he has stepped up to that role, probably quite cheap as well
Brandt✅ - no brainer really, does exactly what we all cry out for whilst also being really cheap
Kelly✅ - I think he’s ready to be promoted full time
Kozun❌ - I really like Kozun, but he’s not a world class goaltender like Carruth was. I think he’s better than bowns but with bowns being a brit he will get to stay. I see Evan Cowley hasn’t signed for anyone yet next season
Bowns✅ - on his day a great keeper but those days may have passed, holding a British passport does help here though
Batch❌ - unfortunately it looks like his disinterested now he’s reached his testimonial year, lacks confidence when on the puck and can’t wait to get rid of it
Thompson❌ - a great player at the start of the season but now looks a different player and not in a good way. I get scared everytime he has the puck and he’s a turnover machine.
Cox✅ - he can frustrate me a lot with his off the puck play but he is very talented. Helps he has great chemistry with Sanford
Coughler✅ - another player like Jardine who has been riddled with injuries. On his day he’s unplayable. I’m confident injury free we see that player next season
Martin✅ - has improved alot as the season goes on, the GOAT, hasn’t slowed down at all
Penny✅ - a controversial one but I quite like penny. Doesn’t score as many as I thought he would but his play off the puck is actually one of the best in the team. Better linemates abd I think he can only excel
Waller✅ - has been exceptional this year. Same again next year hopefully
Sanford✅ - our best player this year. Hopefully he doesn’t get poached
DuPont✅ - at times I can be very frustrated with how we play, but I don’t think that’s his fault. And I said this with Skalde last year that you can’t sack a coach every year until we get success. Then how exactly are you meant to build a foundation? I did some research the other week and this season we actually have one of the best win % in devils history. I firmly believe we will have wrapped up the league if we could utilise a PP and even have Max Carruth in net. I would always give a coach 2 years. 1st year to get familiar with things and maybe experiment a little. And then 2nd year you have to deliver.
Horn✅❌ - I’ll be honest I’m not sure what happens behind the scenes as he may do a lot more than we see so I’m unsure about him.
I do believe it when the owners back him and so should they. And why would we make wholesale changes. We already know lines 1 and 4 are set. We just need a few changes on 2 and 3 to settle them as well. Maybe even a couple changes on D to further settle them.

ASHIPP

Coughler needs to be reunited with Cox and Sandford.
GOAT needs two fast, highly skilled wingers for him to support and develop them.
Keep our fantastic 4th line -those guys do a great job and are our most hardworking, entertaining players many times this year.
Two experienced stay-at-home import defencemen.
An additional offensive defenceman to offer secondary scoring and PP duties. Crawford is a keeper as the leagues top scoring defenceman.
Find a strong, experienced import pairing for Waller to excel with.
Keep Pietroniro as a utility player, he's fine, an Evan Mosey type player.
Goal tending....who knows? Evan Cowley? He really impressed at the CCup.
Coaching...would love to see Stephen Dixon return as part of the coaching set up.. this is where he belongs, he knows the Club, he's played for the logo, he absolutely knows what's required.

All wishful thinking?

Last edited:
Louis
Davies ✔️
Brittain ️
Crawford ✔️
Duggan ✔️
Richardson ✔️
Jardine ✔️
Reid ️
Crandall ✔️
Pietroniro ✔️ (I like his utility but also think he’ll be the health scratch for a fully fit team)
Brandt ✔️
Kozun
Bowns
Batch ️
Thompson ✔️
Cox ✔️
Coughler ✔️
Martin ✔️
Penny ️
Waller ✔️
Sanford ✔️
Kelly ✔️

The owners have spoken in the past about trying to get Adam Cracknell in but other teams keep throwing money at him. With him turning 38 this off-season and captaining Tucson Roadrunners in the AHL this season he might choose to retire but he is still putting up decent numbers in that league especially for his age. So what would people think of a signing like him for next season? Someone who can go on the 2/3rd lines and could definitely wear an “A” and show his experience while also helping the younger members of the team like Waller and the 2 way players

moggy#9

To me we've missed the sort of player that could change the course of a game through sheer force is will like Ivan matulik could. If you look at the players at the top of our depth chart, none of them have that capability on so many levels - leadership, scoring and physicality.

Ger-Devils

To me we've missed the sort of player that could change the course of a game through sheer force is will like Ivan matulik could. If you look at the players at the top of our depth chart, none of them have that capability on so many levels - leadership, scoring and physicality.
A haddad type?