Devils Vs steelers - League - 5th Jan 23 19:00 FO

Ejercito Rojas

Devils had better the stats in every meaningful aspect and won 3-1, yet listening to the commentary you’d think it was Sheffield against Kozun!
Absurd commentary!!

Last edited:

jenks33

Good win and an enjoyable game. I thought only being 2-1 up after 2 periods was going to bite us on the backside as I thought we deserved a 2 goal lead at that stage.
Fair play to Sheffield, I don’t think they were that great tonight and they still took us all the way. After years of mediocre goalies they’ve found a goodun

Hedd Wyn John

Good win and an enjoyable game. I thought only being 2-1 up after 2 periods was going to bite us on the backside as I thought we deserved a 2 goal lead at that stage.
Fair play to Sheffield, I don’t think they were that great tonight and they still took us all the way. After years of mediocre goalies they’ve found a goodun
Yes, I was thinking the same - a didn't think defending a 1 goal lead would be enough but I was wrong thankfully.

BostonBart22

Outstanding performance by kozun, steelers threw everything at him in last period . Sheffield were amazing in attack as we're the devils, we had plenty chances to go in 4...1 up easily first period, thought Crawford had his best game for us and good 2 see big lou throw himself about a bit with 2 big hits . Need to win at storm sunday to keep in touch with the leaders as we got no lge games next weekend .

Wannabe2

Great game tonight and very entertaining, Steelers have a lot of speed and their passing is so good,Latal is a pure speed merchant. But tonight they met a team that was up for a battle, a team that was willing to give everything, and a team that was there to win, Kozun was truly awesome and had a blinder. We Physically threw them off their game tonight, but the main thing tonight was that this team showed us all that when they all turn up,and when they all give their all, and when they show passion and grit, they can be a match for anyone and it was a pure joy to watch. Steelers really are a first class team and are top for a reason,but we were the Dogs do da’s tonight and boy did it feel good, so a very good entertaining night tonight, and thanks guys for that but we need to see this commitment every game now, it’s there so keep it there Happy Hockey Days

E.D.S.

Credit to Dupont here, he set the team up really well. You could see the plan was based around not having much puck possession. We sent one forward in on the aggressive forecheck whilst two stayed low and made it difficult for Steelers to transition easily. It was a great game plan but energy sapping as you spend the majority of the time chasing Steelers. I thought that would have cost us as we seemed to tire in the last 10 minutes of the first but we held on and again came out strong in the second with the same game plan. The dump and chases were more about getting a line change in than retaining puck possession and creating opportunities. I thought we did that well but ultimately it means you live off scraps and counterattacks but that was ok as some of our counterattacking was brilliant tonight. Some good chances for Fournier by Waller and Sanford for Cox. Three good goals tonight.

Kozun deserved the MOM. The right pad save when it looked like a certain goal was superb. Great to see Louis throw some bone crunching hits. He smashed McNally. Brandt again was looking for a hit every shift. Thompson and Ritchie played really we as well. I even saw Crawford defending!! Amazing (he still iced the puck unnecessarily when it was easier to make the pass but I can't let a game go by without pointing that out!). Being set up as we were it really means that the likes of Penny, Brittain, Dugs and Davies have to be your better players and I think they did brilliantly tonight, working tirelessly to disrupt the Steelers offence. Great to see Davies get a goal.

I think Moggy got it right, it was a proper "workman like" performance. Spirited. We seemed to acknowledge the team we are, the players we have and paid due respect to the team we were up against and Dupont set us up correctly. It wasn't pretty. It won't win us every game but I thought Dupont got it bang on tonight.

Hedd Wyn John

Credit to Dupont here, he set the team up really well. You could see the plan was based around not having much puck possession. We sent one forward in on the aggressive forecheck whilst two stayed low and made it difficult for Steelers to transition easily. It was a great game plan but energy sapping as you spend the majority of the time chasing Steelers. I thought that would have cost us as we seemed to tire in the last 10 minutes of the first but we held on and again came out strong in the second with the same game plan. The dump and chases were more about getting a line change in than retaining puck possession and creating opportunities. I thought we did that well but ultimately it means you live off scraps and counterattacks but that was ok as some of our counterattacking was brilliant tonight. Some good chances for Fournier by Waller and Sanford for Cox. Three good goals tonight.

Kozun deserved the MOM. The right pad save when it looked like a certain goal was superb. Great to see Louis throw some bone crunching hits. He smashed McNally. Brandt again was looking for a hit every shift. Thompson and Ritchie played really we as well. I even saw Crawford defending!! Amazing (he still iced the puck unnecessarily when it was easier to make the pass but I can't let a game go by without pointing that out!). Being set up as we were it really means that the likes of Penny, Brittain, Dugs and Davies have to be your better players and I think they did brilliantly tonight, working tirelessly to disrupt the Steelers offence. Great to see Davies get a goal.

I think Moggy got it right, it was a proper "workman like" performance. Spirited. We seemed to acknowledge the team we are, the players we have and paid due respect to the team we were up against and Dupont set us up correctly. It wasn't pretty. It won't win us every game but I thought Dupont got it bang on tonight.
Funny to see McNally having a quiet night. No acting the tough guy with Lou on the ice. Lol

E.D.S.

Big talking point of the night.... Todd's birthday picture on the big screen. He wouldn't have looked out of place on an Old Spice advert. Full on pout and sultry look combo going on. Strong!