Devils Vs steelers - League - 5th Jan 23 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils 'welcome' the steelers to the bay Thursday night. Steelers are currently sitting top of the table after we curtailed the Flames tenure up there on the weekend. Another '4 point must win game'. I think Im correct in saying the steelers haven't lost in regulation in an away game in the league yet this season? Let's send them home empty handed

BostonBart22

Big ask for a win this game, but we've improved of late and got no reason to crumble under steelers pressure, they will be worried more than us, we can do this with a 60 minute game and 110% from every player, just hope it doesn't turn into another challenge cup debacle ..

Wannabe2

Don’t think any of our players played the 3rd period, or the 2nd or the 1st. Sunday was a day to forget unfortunately. So let’s take it out on the Steelers.

kristian

Big ask for a win this game, but we've improved of late and got no reason to crumble under steelers pressure, they will be worried more than us, we can do this with a 60 minute game and 110% from every player, just hope it doesn't turn into another challenge cup debacle ..
The challenge Cup was different we had to go for it from the start.
League will be different think Mcnally may have found someone who will dance with him.

lloyd_jeff

Who knows with this Devils team, they can beat anyone one day then look like a bunch of clowns on ice the next. First weekend with changes and boom, one day the pros are on it, the next day, the Circus clowns.

Ocko

Who knows with this Devils team, they can beat anyone one day then look like a bunch of clowns on ice the next. First weekend with changes and boom, one day the pros are on it, the next day, the Circus clowns.
Or a good side, lost to another good side because that’s sport. There is no shame in losing to another team in the title race, away. Clowns? Devils are one of the form teams in the league.

Chillee, Electro, Mazzoak, lloyd_jeff, your username changes but unfortunately your sports knowledge remains that of a child.

Finny

Which game which you watched did they look like a bunch of clowns?
I asked previously how many Cardiff Devils games you’ve seen this season as you made a comment that didn’t match with what I have seen. Sadly you didn’t reply.

E.D.S.

I get the hype the last few weeks have brought around the Devils which is great to see on here but as much as we're 4 points off top, we're also 2 points off fourth with the Giants having a game in hand. I'm delighted to see a change in effort from the team but there is a long way to go before anyone can start claiming that things are 'fixed' or we were wrong to doubt Dupont. What I do see is more commitment and desire which is half the battle and certainly makes for less painful viewing - that aside the same issues are there that have plagued us all season - poor turnovers and decision making when behind our own net, a lack of puck retention and o zone presence and a misfiring powerplay. It's these things that make me doubt we can sustainably challenge and beat the like of Sheffield and Guildford regularly. Big game on Thursday that I hope we can take something from.

BostonBart22

Now we got enuff firepower in the tank, what bothers me is cover for jardine as nobody knows if he is returning soon or maybe out for the season , last season we played the last dozen or so games with 4 D..although we managed but cant risk another D man to be out injured.

fridaysfingers

When you say nobody knows how long Jardine is out for, you mean nobody posting on here knows.
The club will have a very good idea.
I hope they will have learned from last season and if coming up to end of transfer window he is not back then they act (if we are still in with any chance of winning league)
Otherwise it would be a good idea to try to sign up Kelly for the rest of the season and give him good icetime

BostonBart22

When you say nobody knows how long Jardine is out for, you mean nobody posting on here knows.
The club will have a very good idea.
I hope they will have learned from last season and if coming up to end of transfer window he is not back then they act (if we are still in with any chance of winning league)
Otherwise it would be a good idea to try to sign up Kelly for the rest of the season and give him good icetime
didnt know there was a transfer window as with a salary cap, maybe thats a gentlemans agreement as well..

lloyd_jeff

Nobody outside of the club knows, so the following opinion by a petulant child who clearly knows nothing & going on the what we do know I’d remove Jardine for the remainder of the season, replace him and reassess his health and needs for next season. That gives the coach & players more stability.