Devils Vs steelers - League - 15th Oct 22

Diablo3

We were fine first period then the Steelers stepped up the physicality (ironically it was McNally) and pressure and it paid off for them. I still maintain this isn't DuPonts complete choice of team. I think we have a few players that were signed on multi year deals so we had to honour those.

It was definitely a lesson to be learned for us and well played the Steelers.

Devils86

League, played 5 won 4, lost 1 = Forum meltdown !
Or let's be honest/accurate...cup and league combined we've played 12, won 7 lost 5. (Edit: Maths!)

Split two v Orange
Beat Storm twice, add on a win v a Panthers side that that is on an awful run of form...
And a win against a terrible Clan side.

2-1 down in series against both Flames and Blaze in the cup.

That's not the performance record of a side that wins silverware. Nor the record of a club that prides itself on consistently delivering results....

I try to be level-headed - I call it as I see it. And this isn't good enough. The league form is papering over the cracks because since the opening game we haven't played a decent side.

This roster is one that on any given night can beat any team in the league. It also can turn up thinking it doesn't haven't to try....and will get rolled over.

That doesn't remind me of Devils - that reminds me of the Panthers.

Wannabe2

Or let's be honest/accurate...cup and league combined we've played 12, won 7 lost 5. (Edit: Maths!)

Split two v Orange
Beat Storm twice, add on a win v a Panthers side that that is on an awful run of form...
And a win against a terrible Clan side.

2-1 down in series against both Flames and Blaze in the cup.

That's not the performance record of a side that wins silverware. Nor the record of a club that prides itself on consistently delivering results....

I try to be level-headed - I call it as I see it. And this isn't good enough. The league form is papering over the cracks because since the opening game we haven't played a decent side.

This roster is one that on any given night can beat any team in the league. It also can turn up thinking it doesn't haven't to try....and will get rolled over.

That doesn't remind me of Devils - that reminds me of the Panthers.
Try arguing with that it’s spot on.

kingmo19.1

5-2 at home to Steelers what do you expect get out the bunting.
Keep your bunting boxed up, but some realism would be more appropriate instead of the entitlement some are showing in this thread!

Sheffield are a decent team and although I don’t like losing to them, one can’t be expected to win every single game against them!

It’s all very toys out of the pram after every loss on here!

We’ve now got posters questioning the coaching appointment, pining for a trouble making Nettie to return, demanding Lord sorts out the PP on Zoom! Jeez, get a grip!

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Keep your bunting boxed up, but some realism would be more appropriate instead of the entitlement some are showing in this thread!

Sheffield are a decent team and although I don’t like losing to them, one can’t be expected to win every single game against them!

We’ve now got posters questioning the coaching appointment, pining for a trouble making Nettie to return, demanding Lord sorts out the PP in Zoom! Jeez, get a grip!
We've got people posting opinions in a debate, nothing wrong with that. It beats the drivel that you normally post.

Devils86

We’ve now got posters questioning the coaching appointment, pining for a trouble making Nettie to return, demanding Lord sorts out the PP on Zoom! Jeez, get a grip!
Calm down fella, lol.

Jeez (good word), I write a million (hopefully slightly balanced, if not mixed in with some anti-Orange bias) paragraphs and not only do you jump on my flippant point about how our PP was so much better under Lord (hardly demanding lol) but you lump me in with the regular negative-Nellys....

It's doesn't always have to be sweetness and light v the eternal pit of damnation....

Sometimes it's good - but occasionally bad.

Devils86

Sorry if I've been a bit negative tonight. But I hate the Orange. I hate their fans and their players.

Add in having only one cider available at the rink, a terrible one, and paying £5.50 a pint....

Then when you go to the toilets, having them to deal with.

And stock running out of the only item in the shop I wanted....

It's been a bad night. But at least I'm at home in Cardiff, rather than still on a coach home....and when I get 'home' being in Sheffield lol

It could be worse. I could be a Steeler

Kevin roog

What I don’t get though is that we were the team with the big advantage of having only 3 or 4 players new to the league , I hope this isn’t a 15 point behind Belfast by Xmas and new coach situation, I think this team needs to get settled quick,

Hockeymad

There's a few players who needs rocket up there arse but I'm not sweating just yet as year in year out devils always win something.

one thing I never liked about our club is carrying injured players.

If brittain has been injured for weeks and he is still injured now for a further 3 4 weeks then why don't you get rid or get cover??

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Well that was piss poor, sods law hype the game up, fans done their bit, Sheffield theirs, but ours were still sat in changing room most of night, the look on big lous face at bowns after the first went in says it all in this team, hope they show it on the 15 secs highlight real as there weren't many highlights were there tbh..only gonna call the coach on this, we have got an empty net over 2 mins to go, our players throwing everything at the net, but wait , a 30 sec timeout would've gave us a breather, but no time out yet again by dupont, don't think he's had one this season, even the # 2 suggested a timeout to him , dupont said no , so no confidence in our # 2 coach then. Mcnally stole the show on hits after the 3rd went in but no reaction from our team even brandt was quiet ..on last nights performance Sheffield lge for the taking unless the crumble like last season, I fear for the continental cup with the current team and with lou, jars and brittain prob out tonight's game we are in for a beating in guildford tonight and out of the cup. Unless we get rid of underperforming players we are 5th placed team at best, oh wait we are the nice devils that don't release players do we. Can see dupont booking a flight home near xmas unless things improve .