Giants webcast

Diablo3

We need to have a plan to deal with the high press that the Giants use. We also need to get our centres in front of their netminder

Wannabe2

Thread starter #31
Two imports down but in fairness we ain’t in this game one iota, end of 1st 3-0 down. This could be a very poor night.

kingmo19.1

Looks like single tickets are £18.50 (although there is a discount if you buy a two game pass)...... Manchester is £15 so fantastic to see the Devils going for £10
I don’t buy the 14 v 16 imports that why were losing scenario! We lost last year comprehensively I think it was v Blaze and we had a far superior number of imports that night! We likely need a lot more time to gel and get that chemistry going.

august04 2.0

Giants certainly haven’t taken long to gel and get some chemistry. Injuries or not, we’ve not contributed anything to the game so far. I didn’t think there was much to get excited about last night either. A slow start, let’s hope we play a little better next weekend.

moggy#9

Giants certainly haven’t taken long to gel and get some chemistry. Injuries or not, we’ve not contributed anything to the game so far. I didn’t think there was much to get excited about last night either. A slow start, let’s hope we play a little better next weekend.
The thing is that Manchester are expected to be considerably weaker. Even if we beat them it tells us little. Dupont is going to have to show what he's made of getting this team organised, otherwise the Nottingham matches and the proper campaign could get messy quickly.

august04 2.0

I’ve seen a fair few niggly pre season games over the years, when the league pressures are off and players want to put down a marker - have we thrown a meaningful check yet in 4 periods? I realise you don’t want to go mad early doors but put in a little more effort please for the rest of this game guys and give people a little something back for handing over their hard earned cash!

ASHIPP

Anybody would think this is the last game in the Stanley Cup Final, after 90 games in the regular season It's game 2 of a pre-season schedule designed to trial systems, combinations, assess weaknesses etc.

Chemistry and practice need time to build. It's 3 weeks until the season starts.

Seem to recall Devils losing most of their pre-season games in the first year Andrew Lord's team won the league title ;)

Last edited:

Finny

Giants’ extra import depth showing tonight as I thought it would have yesterday. From what I can work out lines are:
Cox - Penny - Sanford
Crandall - Martin - Brandt
Waller - Britain - Duggan
Haywood - Davies - Batch.

Kelly and Bradley both playing regular shifts on D.

Much more physical game than last night and Giants dominating with only the Cox line looking dangerous for us.

1st goal came from a couple of lucky bounces of the puck before Conway took an early shot that Bowns didn’t seem ready for and went straight through him.
2nd goal was a reverse no look pass from Belfast that caught out two of the young brits and allowed an easy finish for the unmarked Belfast forward.
3rd goal I watched back as I couldn’t work out what happened. As the puck is fired in from out wide, the Belfast player trips/slewfoots Louis allowing the other Belfast forward another easy finish.

This could be a very long night.

BostonBart22

Don’t agree with that at all, as a professional you should be up for it as much as anyone, and if you ain’t you shouldn’t be here.
Obviously our players not up for it then, let's hope dupont don't go down skaldes interviews, we came out slow...we weren't up for it blah blah, at the end of the day it's down to the coach to get the players up for it..