New Devils Jerseys

Samael

Reebok shirts were good but I reckon they'll go with American company next like under armour or warrior.
You're probably right. I hope it's not underarmour though as their stuff doesn't last in my experience I've got loads of their hoodies that have gone tatty quickly and their sizing isn't great either, when compared to Nike hoodies which last longer and wash better, but hoodies are hoodies and not jerseys, so we shall see what underarmour jerseys or warrior are like, if they buy the Nhl rights.

I also think we got our wires crossed. I agree with you, a printed logo or embroidered makes no difference to a player. Screen printed jerseys are entirely made of thinner material though and if l was a player I'd rather wear one of those than the thicker polyester sweater that the embroidered ones are usually on. The perfect compromise is the covid season one. Thin printed body with the heavy stitched crest on the front.

Kevlar68

Well it's 19 days till first game and no jersey launch as yet and with the jerseys over the past 3 years taking 4-6 weeks from order they're leaving it quite late.
Thought it may have been this weekend.

Samael

Didn't they blame covid on the delays previously though for orders taking ages? Can't really use that excuse this season. Don't get me wrong the supplier in Slovakia does excellent work but if they use them again don't expect a fast delivery due to the fact they work in batches and it sounds like it's one person doing them all. If its ccm though, l don't see why there would be delays as they aren't exactly one girl in a room with a sewing machine.....

Swarley

Well it's 19 days till first game and no jersey launch as yet and with the jerseys over the past 3 years taking 4-6 weeks from order they're leaving it quite late.
Thought it may have been this weekend.
I had planned on getting 5 new jerseys this season 3 for myself including the season ticket holders one and one for my daughter and my other half but my enthusiasm for them have massively dwindled due to no actual teasers of the jerseys other than what Corky has told me what they could possibly look like, that and if the st one is green I will be giving it a wide birth as I associate Green with Ireland not Wales.

Kevlar68

If I remember rightly when they changed supplier 2018/19 since then the wait has been quite long, weren't they from Romania, Slovakia somewhere like that.

Swarley

If I remember rightly when they changed supplier 2018/19 since then the wait has been quite long, weren't they from Romania, Slovakia somewhere like that.
They get them from Slovakia now which while it might be cheaper for them the wait time due to customs and slow drivers are making it an absolute ball ache for fans with money waiting lol

Samael

Well let's just hope the designs are good then. They need to be nice if they are charging north of £75 considering they are thinner and screen printed. They cost almost as much as NHL fanatics jerseys now and while the fanatics 'embroidery' leaves a lot to be desired at least the actual Jersey is made of a heavier and softer material than the printed ones we are getting. I'm sure if Todd has read any of this thread he's probably thinking what a bunch of moaning bastards they are on the inferno, they are never happy lol

Kevlar68

Your right though in what you say.
They are light weight printed jerseys. We were paying less or the same money for heavier stitched jerseys before the change so £65 plus for a lesser quality jersey seems allot.

Last edited:

Samael

Inflation, l guess. We seem to pay more and get less for everything these days not just for a jersey either it's food, fuel....

It's not like they sell thousands each season either so l don't think the club are raking in a profit off them. If the design is good l won't mind paying a bit extra, I'm just grateful we have a team to wear the Jersey right now.

Swarley

18 days to go and still not even a sniff of a tease as to what the jersey looks like, the last I heard they wrrw waiting on sponsorships to be added to the jerseys and I heard that when I was at the testimonial game.

Really hope they blow us away with the designs this season and it's not a let down.

Devil94

No other teams have released anything about jerseys yet have they? What's the big rush. I'm sure the backroom staff have more to worry about at this time with players arriving than replica jerseys.

I think it will be a nice reveal if we see them for the first time on the players in the first game.

Last edited:

Swarley

No other teams have released anything about jerseys yet have they? What's the big rush. I'm sure the backroom staff have more to worry about at this time with players arriving than replica jerseys.

I think it will be a nice reveal if we see them for the first time on the players in the first game.
Isn't just replicas though, if it was just replicas why would they of said they were waiting on sponsorships to be added to the jerseys?

Devil94

Isn't just replicas though, if it was just replicas why would they of said they were waiting on sponsorships to be added to the jerseys?
So what's the issue then? You're worried that the game jerseys won't be ready for opening night?
They don't need to keep fans updated with every minor detail, when they're ready to reveal or 'tease' they will. It's only 2.5 weeks until the first game, I'm sure they're assuming people can wait that long.
As Moggy said, there's probably a commercial process behind it. Not sure what the fuss is about.

OJLloyd

Would very much like to know what they look like before we see the players on the ice, but perhaps that’s the target.

Either way, a hint at the design at least would be nice.

moggy#9

Would very much like to know what they look like before we see the players on the ice, but perhaps that’s the target.

Either way, a hint at the design at least would be nice.
I get that people are getting excited for the new season, but a shirt is a shirt. If you like it when you see it, you might get one. If you don't, you won't and you might get a hoody instead. Given that there'll probably be half a dozen designs (home, away, alternate, pride, playoff home, playoff away + something for the continental cup), if you don't like it there'll be another one along now in a minute. ;-)

Kevlar68

The reveal isn't the main concern here, I think the fuss is mainly about it's close to the first game, no reveal and the length of time it takes now due to supplier to get a jersey.
Some fans want the shirt before the season starts, some fans are ok with waiting 6-8 weeks from order to receiving, other fans don't care at all.
Lets be honest the shop hasn't covered itself in glory the past couple of years when it comes to orders when people are paying good money.
From a business point of view it's always nice to have revenue coming in before a season starts so pre-order payments for shirts however much that may be is still welcome income, shirts alone could bring in £20-30,000 for a season.
21 days is a reasonable time for a n order, 4 weeks acceptable, 5-8 weeks definitely not.
I ordered a Seattle Krakens ice hockey jersey personalised with my own design of "Foo Fighters" and "94" on the back and arms which is all fully stitched ready for Taylor Hawkins tribute concert sept 3rd and it took just 25 days, from order to manufacture to delivery from China and its excellent quality.

Last edited:

OJLloyd

I get that people are getting excited for the new season, but a shirt is a shirt. If you like it when you see it, you might get one. If you don't, you won't and you might get a hoody instead. Given that there'll probably be half a dozen designs (home, away, alternate, pride, playoff home, playoff away + something for the continental cup), if you don't like it there'll be another one along now in a minute. ;-)
Ye it’s obviously not a huge deal, it’s just always a fun part of the excitement of the build up to the season.

I always get at least one, but have been persuaded by nice designs to get more than one in some recent seasons.

Samael

Out of curiosity l had a look at the Steelers site to see if they had put anything up, they hadn't, but l was shocked to see their 93 'legends' Jersey going for £95.

Steelers Black Legends Jersey '93 – Sheffield Steelers Store

1. That is a ludicrous price for a screen printed jersey especially as they are made in the UK according to their website so they won't be paying import or shipping tax. That's a considerable profit into two point Tony's back pocket.
2. How can they call that a legend shirt when it's the one they wore when we humiliated them them at Wembley something like 12-1 if l remember right and even put the Cardiff kids line including Franny at the end. I think the Legends that year were wearing red white and green not orange and black lol

Some serious price gouging there at Sheffield who will sell far more than we ever do due to their larger fan base so their costs will likely be lower due to bulk orders (even if their website claims those items are made to order I bet they don't cost any where near £95 to produce). I actually feel sorry for the Yorkie puds for once. It makes sense now why POFW was such a rip off when the EIHL chairman can so obviously shaft his own fans on merch costs, why wouldn't he think it acceptable to balloon the price of POFW. Anyway I'm going off on a tangent here. so I'll stop, I agree Devil94, the club have probably got far more pressing things to worry about but as all the players have been announced now a Jersey reveal is all we have left. While I don't buy a Jersey every year they are all part of the excitement of the pre season.