Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final - 15 Dec 21

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
We go again on Wednesday. We've discussed the last two games with the Stars enough and they are behind us. We start 2 goals behind which if the team can remember how to score is nothing in hockey, it does seem a big if though. Devils should hopefully have Dixon back in the line-up and McNally will have served his suspension. This game is on the season ticket so no need to pony up if you've got one. Score first, we're in with a chance.

terry hunt

Time for some positivity and for the grown-up fans to get behind the team and our owners.
The team must be devasted by recent results and need us to back them.
I hope Block13 will do their stuff. They are the best of the fanbase and its obvious the players are aware of that.
Time to put the dissapointment behind us and shut down the negative ones who i see have started already.

Gough60

The one good thing I'm finding at the moment is that Tesco's Christmas promo include "Don't stop me now".
So While we are not hearing it down the rink (at the moment) on a regular basis, we can still get our fix thanks to Tesco.
Times currently tough, but I'm ever the optimist and looking forward to hearing Freddie's dulcet tones after 60 min on Wednesday. 65 min if necessary.

pjj365

Ouch
Block 13 the best of the fan base - I'm not sure. There are a few hundred if not thousand who would debate this.
That's not to diminish what they do but over time they will age, they will want to sit with their kids, they will need to sit occasionally and they may even be housebound due to age/ill health. The mantle will pass to others as it should. As the mantle of 35 years best of has passed to the current block 13
This does not make them best of which phrase diminishes the fans who are not in block 13

august04 2.0

Time for some positivity and for the grown-up fans to get behind the team and our owners.
I hope Block13 will do their stuff. They are the best of the fanbase and its obvious the players are aware of that.
Time to put the dissapointment behind us and shut down the negative ones who i see have started already.
I would suggest that it's you who needs to grow up, given the digs in this post.
Devils to win this game comfortably and advance to the semi finals.

osh

gake nothing away from those in Block 13, they are a great bunch who promote noise etc for sure, as for being the fan base, get real ! All fans who attend on a regular basis are ’the best’ in my opinion. As for your quote ‘ for the grown-up fans to get behind the team and our owners’ a very sarcastic post and let me assure you all fans have been behind the team and owners but you can’t seriously expect them to do so with so many recent poor performances ?
anyway, on a positive note, I’m hoping some ego’s have been put in place this week and the players respond accordingly and get the overall win !

its not for the grown ups to get behind the team it’s for the team to turn up and show the fans what they can do

kettdevil1

Logic suggests a win but the first goal is massive. At Manchester on Saturday our confidence looked shot and it wasn't till we scored that we settled down and played less desperation hockey and more controlled hockey. I will agree with EDS and go 5-2

august04 2.0

Not really that unrealistic is it
It certainly shouldn’t be. We're talking about Dundee here, at home. If it was against Sheffield, Belfast, Guildford or Nottingham then I’d be concerned. But as much as Dundee played well this last couple of games, we should advance reasonably comfortably if we're on our game and up for it. And we bloody well should be after the last few performances and the implied threats from Skalde in his last interview. I expect to see a significantly improved performance from the Devils and a win by 3 or 4 to advance.

The_Stick_

It certainly shouldn’t be. We're talking about Dundee here, at home. If it was against Sheffield, Belfast, Guildford or Nottingham then I’d be concerned. But as much as Dundee played well this last couple of games, we should advance reasonably comfortably if we're on our game and up for it. And we bloody well should be after the last few performances and the implied threats from Skalde in his last interview. I expect to see a significantly improved performance from the Devils and a win by 3 or 4 to advance.
Fully agree with you Mate

100 percent.

Sadly, Dundee are going to be playing that exceptionly boring style of hockey which they played on Sunday. We need a goal quickly and if we are fortunate enough to grab two then we should be in for a good game of hockey.