NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

davew

MASKS, MASKS, MASKS - where were they, 50% compliance at best. Stewards not wearing masks, no reminders from them as people either walked past or even when they could see rows of people not wearing any.
I'm seriously concerned that if the club isn't taking this seriously we are going to be in big trouble.
It was a godd game but the night was ruined.

tim78

I think Nottingham looked ok, considering the Devils started the season well and have plaid competitively in 4 CHL games.

Looking forward to this season, hoping we can see it through (if lockdown kicks in would swap a seat for a webcast to see this team lift a trophy)

jenks33

I’m particularly interested in Dupont in the coming weeks, still not sure what he brings and his fitness looks very suspect to me. I’ve seen enough from most of the rest of this team to think we'll be just fine this year and entertained by a fast, physical style of play. I liked the Reid, Dixon, Waller line in particular tonight.
Yeah I agree with you. Dupont has had a slow start but i think he’ll come good. Maybe the assistant coach role is taking his mind away from his game at the moment. Crandall hasn’t shown much either. Reid has been quiet in a few games but he’s still shown glimpses. That pass to Sanford in the Lausanne home game showed great vision.

moggy#9

MASKS, MASKS, MASKS - where were they, 50% compliance at best. Stewards not wearing masks, no reminders from them as people either walked past or even when they could see rows of people not wearing any.
I'm seriously concerned that if the club isn't taking this seriously we are going to be in big trouble.
That's really worrying. I was watching the webcast and there were very few looks at the crowd. I stand by my previous comments that if people don't comply after they've been warned then they should be ejected.

august04 2.0

That's really worrying. I was watching the webcast and there were very few looks at the crowd. I stand by my previous comments that if people don't comply after they've been warned then they should be ejected.
I thought we'd improved things against Lausanne but there were too many not wearing masks today, no reminders that I heard either, no stewards enforcing anything and large numbers of younger spectators sat there completely ignoring the wearing of masks, even when they weren’t drinking. It’s a worry.

august04 2.0

Yeah I agree with you. Dupont has had a slow start but i think he’ll come good. Maybe the assistant coach role is taking his mind away from his game at the moment. Crandall hasn’t shown much either. Reid has been quiet in a few games but he’s still shown glimpses. That pass to Sanford in the Lausanne home game showed great vision.
I don’t think it’s anything to do with any player coach role, he just doesn’t look fit to me at the moment!

jenks33

I wasn’t there tonight but I did go to the Lausanne game. That night I thought most fans were wearing masks in blocks 1 to 9. I was in block 8 so walking around to my seat it seemed that the majority of supporters had one on. In my experience anyway. I watched the second period from block 15 and the mask wearing down that end was shocking. Blocks 13,14,15 very few people were wearing a mask.

Slartibartfast

So many positives, I not sure where to start but I think it has to be Matt Register. Sat behind the goal I was able to watch him really closely. This guy is one cool cookie. He oozes experience. So composed. He comes out of nearly every 50/50 with the puck without breaking a sweat. Reminds me of Ben Blood. Blistering slapshot goal also.
Then theres Ben Davies. I thought he looked really sharp. So pleased he is back
As others have said Waller is going to stand out this season and I think Harewood was the fastest player on the ice. Definitely one to watch.
The 4th goal from Sandford just showed the nose he has for a goal. McNally had done all the hard work but noone was in a position to score. Sandford came in like a rocket to put himself in a scoring position. Speaking of McNally I think he is going to be a fan favourite. He reminds me of Vez except he is willing to fight also.
A couple of defensive lapses were saved by Kozan who did great especially on that breakaway.
The Nottingham nettie also had a great game and the scoreline could have been a lot wider if not for his heroics.
Great feisty game and a fantastic start to the domestic season. This team is by no means the finished article but it looks very promising.

moggy#9

I wasn’t there tonight but I did go to the Lausanne game. That night I thought most fans were wearing masks in blocks 1 to 9. I was in block 8 so walking around to my seat it seemed that the majority of supporters had one on. In my experience anyway. I watched the second period from block 15 and the mask wearing down that end was shocking. Blocks 13,14,15 very few people were wearing a mask.
Based on what seems to be happening I can't see myself attending a match in person for quite some time. Luckily the webcast was good. It would be nice to see them add some more camera angles though.

Devils86

Clearly we looked 3-4 weeks ahead of them in terms of pre-season and I fully expect the league games to be much closer - for their sake. Was odd to see us so much better than the Panthers all over the ice. Very comfortable at the back and perfect games for those returning to get some minutes.

Takeaways from me:
- Davies, brilliant performance both in normal and on the PK
- Waller did well, didn't look like a rookie and looked dangerous on the puck
-Harewood had a great game! 18yo, looked like he'd been playing for years - very assured and not afraid.
- Register...hopefully the start of things to come. Great goal that went through Carr because of its sheer power.
- O'Connor tried to recreate THAT penalty for GB when he was through and he messed it up - fine for a friendly.
- Mikkelson again class. Level above.
- Louis was back to his normal dependable self and stuck up for his team mates, but...
- McNally with what was described to me as the 'fastest rugby tackle ever' - seemed to skate half the width of the ice before diving to take the Panthers fella out! Great stuff! He will certainly be a fan favourite. But let's leave that for when games are definitely won or lost.

Overall this side play differently but dare I say it better going forward than recent Devils teams - it's more fluid and whilst it's early days I'm excited to see how a Skalde PP will work in the league.

I'll tell you who would love to be on a Skalde PP - Linglet!!

jenks33

I said it from a few weeks ago. I dont like dupont. He brings nothing
Well considering he’s player assistant coach and our track record of not releasing players I think you’ll have to get used to him mate haha.
In all seriousness I think he’ll come good. He’s been a captain elsewhere and he comes across very well in interviews. He seems like a winner and a leader. Slow start but I’m not worried about him.

revilo

Enjoyed the game, likewise not worried about anyone at the moment as all players take different lengths of time to get back up to speed. Particularly impressed with Davies, Waller, Register and McNally (agree he will need to time his "grittiness" well), also saw some good stuff from Reid too, think he has great puck handling ability and vision.

NathanG

Very good performance. A few standout performances, Waller and Register being just 2.Very impressed Haywood. For a young lad, he skated with confidence and got stuck in. Hopefully we see more of him, our young players development is in excellent hands with Skalde.

McNally. Tell you what, if he was playing against us I'd probably hate him haha. He managed to wind a few of their guys up. He's fearless and brings energy.

Masks - Kept mine on for the duration of the game along with my friend, who really enjoyed her first game I might add. Most people in blcok 10 adhered to the rules. First game in 4 years I haven't had a pint.....