2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

How can anyone say drew Paris is an upgrade on scott Hotham? Nobodyhas seen him play yet other than a few youtube videos! Scott Hotham was superb, mr.reliable who made sensible plays, never gave the puck away and didnt put a foot wrong all season. I am not saying Drew Paris wont do the same but nobody really knows. Patrick Bordeleaus youtube reel showed a man who fought constantly and always protected his team mates and we were relishing his arrival and impact, inctual fact we had a diluted version who in his last few weeks looked like he couldnt be bothered to be here anymore

zoesdevil

How can anyone say drew Paris is an upgrade on scott Hotham? Nobodyhas seen him play yet other than a few youtube videos! Scott Hotham was superb, mr.reliable who made sensible plays, never gave the puck away and didnt put a foot wrong all season. I am not saying Drew Paris wont do the same but nobody really knows. Patrick Bordeleaus youtube reel showed a man who fought constantly and always protected his team mates and we were relishing his arrival and impact, inctual fact we had a diluted version who in his last few weeks looked like he couldnt be bothered to be here anymore
Hopefully Lordo & Todd have learnt from this & any fighters we sign, they've made sure they'll stand up for their team mates. I think Drew has got one hell of a powerful shot & it will definitely cause problems, as hopefully will he.

Wannabe2

Totally agree, I would have taken both Hotham's in a heart beat, for two different reasons. Paris looks a very good player I may add, and his experience, size, and ability will be invaluable to us. Still trying to get my head around Faryna in a Devils shirt, was wishing for this like many others for awhile now. Lordo said the same thing as many of us have thought, Faryna was born to be a Devil, as was McIntyre, Matulik, and likewise Birbraer. Let's hope he stays as long as those other players, can't wait for season to start now. Also to see who else we sign, it's a truly great feeling to be part of this club, the club we all treasure in our hearts, to be where we truly belong, it's all good folks, look out other pretenders.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

KaneDevils

I like drew's CV. Think he will be a stand out player without doubt, and one of the best defence men in the league.
You heard it here first folks!

Anyone read the caps players interview about the league money and players etc??

He is a very honest speaking person but it's done him no good as fans ain't happy on twitter!

ASHIPP

Any confirmation that Scott is not returning? No? So why is there the presumption that Drew is Scott's replacement?
The same sceptiscism about 'upgrades' can be levelled at any new player to this league. The fact is, no-one is really in a position to make comparisons or judgements.....except, of course, the coaches who've done their research and due diligence, the opinions of former coaches and team mates etc. They are very satisfied........and that should be more than good enough for all us mere fans and armchair critics!

Devil_Abroad

For the people who like to read in to things based on Twitter followings / followers...Wacey Rabbit has just started following Braehead Clan & Gareth Chalmers.
This is very interesting if you then look at Eliteprospects which states Rabbit confirmed as signing somewhere on the 19th!

Don't Clan have history in signing up players with whom our club have been chatting?

Or could it be that he's actually signed with us?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zoesdevil

Agree
This is very interesting if you then look at Eliteprospects which states Rabbit confirmed as signing somewhere on the 19th!

Don't Clan have history in signing up players with whom our club have been chatting?

as it would be unusual to say building chemistry with Faryna & then sign somewhere else.

I think that was more of a finnerty trick to sign our potential players. Fairly certain that Rosehill and Jeff Ulmer were coming to Cardiff last summer before being pinched by finnerty though I also believe we stole Louis from under their noses

JC23

I think that was more of a finnerty trick to sign our potential players. Fairly certain that Rosehill and Jeff Ulmer were coming to Cardiff last summer before being pinched by finnerty though I also believe we stole Louis from under their noses
I'm not so sure about Rosehill.

Didn't Lordo mention he thought we had Frazer McLaren pretty much in the bag?

Jonesy83

According to what Steve King posted in the confirmed Devils signs thread after Fridays announcement of Paris & Faryna, we currently don't have any new faces signed up as of yet as the club are being patient and seeing who is available after July 1st free agency period.

So if Rabbit has signed up for a team already, you'd have to assume it's not for the Devils.....or Steve is trolling us lol.

Devil_Abroad

According to what Steve King posted in the confirmed Devils signs thread after Fridays announcement of Paris & Faryna, we currently don't have any new faces signed up as of yet as the club are being patient and seeing who is available after July 1st free agency period.

So if Rabbit has signed up for a team already, you'd have to assume it's not for the Devils.....or Steve is trolling us lol.
Lol Well it would therefore make sense that Clan have him seeing that Finnerty is now poaching all their good players! Lol

Storm looking clear favourites at present for their conference. Blaze & Lightning need to up their game slightly, Flames need a lot more I fear.

I'm not so sure about Rosehill.

Didn't Lordo mention he thought we had Frazer McLaren pretty much in the bag?
maybe and I am certainly not in the know but remember Lordo said something in an interview about how he wasn't trying to get Jay Rosehills visa blocked ? He would only be able to do that I think if we had started a Visa application for him

Mooney#16

No. That's incorrect just to put that to bed. The Devils had nothing to do with the attempt to block Rosehills visa. Rosehill knows it and the truth did come but not publically. Anyone can try to block a visa application just by raising a query on a person to the authorities.

Jonesy83

No. That's incorrect just to put that to bed. The Devils had nothing to do with the attempt to block Rosehills visa. Rosehill knows it and the truth did come but not publically. Anyone can try to block a visa application just by raising a query on a person to the authorities.
Just to be nosey as it's a slow Monday in work....who did try and block it / what was the truth that came out?

ASHIPP

Just to be nosey as it's a slow Monday in work....who did try and block it / what was the truth that came out?
It's ancient history - all in the past. We don't want to dredge all that irrelevance up again. The truth never really reached the public domain and that's the way it should stay.