Devils v Panthers - 10/12 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

what worries me apart from the lack of passion and performance is neilson knows exactly how to beat the devils to the extent that in two of our four games we haven't even scored.i thought we was lucky to win the last game against them we didn't deserve to.is this season going to be like last season when we hit the big games and choke?i hope not but after last night its a big worry.

Gospel

Ive been saying this for weeks but something isnt quite right within the team. All the right things are being said in public about great team spirit, great relations etc but for me i dont think there is. It feels as though we are playing within ourselves for the most part & being held back & maybe the players dont want that. That can only be down to the coach & coaching. Bordy isnt being allowed to play a free role as has been said hes being restricted in the way he plays he needs to let free & cause havoc.

Piggott guves his all every shift & as has already been said he hardly gets a shift, thats wrong. We are supposed to be running 4 lines but just seems to be in theory rather than practice.

Last night performance was unacceptable, losing is part if the game but not like that. Show some heart, show some passion & lay some damn hits!

Whoever gave the team talk before & during the game last night should give up, it was useless so lets hope somebody different does it today.

2 points tonight wont make last night less painful or let it be forgotten but im sure most of uswill take them.

Samael

You're not called Gospel for nothing. Good points there.

I just watched the post match Interview with Lordo and it was the same old story. We're a great group of guys blah blah blah. He didnt even look or sound angry although at one point I thought he was going to turn the water works on, which he did last season after Coventry beat us in our last game at the BBT. Doesnt wash this year Andrew. Time to light a fire not grab a box of frigging kleenex. Maybe he was knackered/exhausted by the time of the interview but I found it disturbing he didnt really come across as furious which he should have been.

Last edited:

Russky

Serious question. Do you watch the webcasts from other teams? If so, which are better? JD has forgotten more about hockey in Cardiff than most people remember and collectively the commentators are balanced and for me, are the best in the league.
Agreed that Aled, Gazza and J-P D are the best in the league for sure. Ususlly its JP who does the post game interview with Lordo/Elsom, I didn't envy his task last night though. I don't know Aled, but JP and Gazza are hockey fans to the core and they know their stuff.

Last edited:
I agree that the Devils' IceTimeTV webcast team does an excellent job. Despite being huge Devils' fans they do a very good job of being objective in their observations which means they comment on the very good and not so very good plays made by Devils' and opposition players and also the calls and non calls of the officials. It's human nature that not every fan is not going to agree with them 100% of the time just like all posters don't agree with all posts here on the inferno.
Devils' fans are lucky to have such a dedicated and knowledgeable webcast team, in my opinion!

Jonesy83

I can't see how anyone can slate any of the icetime tv guys. Everything they do from interviews to commentary on games, to even having banter with the owners before and after having their asses handed to them in zorb football has been top notch.

You can tell from listening to the commentary on games these guys aren't in anyway 'homer' announcers, even if they are massive Devils fans. They aren't afraid to say out loud when they think a certain team was hard done by, by a ref call / penalty etc etc and after game interviews they ask good honest questions to Lordo etc that the fans would like to know.

Top work fellas, keep it up!!

mazza03

I'll probably get slated for saying this but I think Lordo needs to be on the bench as a proper coach, you can't coach whilst playing.

bb1

Some of the crap being spouted here....8 goals and zero are Bordeleaus fault. If you think a fight would have made a difference your sadly mistaken.

We were poor...they were superb. Some here need to get a grip. If it happens tonight also then fair enough but it's a TEAM effort that's needed not one guy who's expected to fight just to satisfy some.

Mcgratten didn't fight during their thumping by steelers a few weeks back. More physical play is needed by everyone and not just by Bordy's and Piggot who are only ones throwing hits.

Slartibartfast

I dont think anyone is saying that the loss was Bordys fault. I think that the emotion that a crushing defeat like this brings means that people express views that they have previously surpressed. Many peoples view is what are we getting out of Bordy for so much money. If his role is just to stop us being bullied then he is successful at that. Is that enough for the top salary in the country. Not so sure.
Remember the Devils fans have been spoiled with some pretty talented NHL enforcers who could play and fight.
Voth was famous for changing a game with a fight. Not so sure if it would have helped yesterday as we were sunk in the first 12 minutes.
Reference John Donovan. He is the best commentator I have seen on UK ice hockey webcasts. I can see him commentating on the Olympics one day. If Brent Pope can make it so can he.

SteveKing

A couple of things about last night: Firstly, it's a shocking performance and effort. Nobody is without blame. Secondly, I wish it weren't true but these things do happen in sports. A perfect confluence of events that results in a complete s*** show. Thirdly, just to lay this to bed once and for all, nobody in the Devils organization and especially Lordo has ever had the stop sign on Bordy. Quite the opposite. Why would we have brought him in if we didn't want him to fight? Finally, I've always found that being a hard core sports fan is always much easier if served with an equal dose of a sense of humour. No season has ever gone perfectly or according to plan. That's what makes it so compelling. So let's get behind the team as you have all year and will them on to a win tonight.

I'm glad you have said lord isn't holding bordeleau back..
so all the ones sticking up for him and making excuses can go suck eggs.. like you said Steve he is here to do a job and I just want him to do so..

Let's hope tonight is a lot better

E.D.S.

I didn't see the game so won't comment on it but where did it sit in relation to the playoff semi agains the blaze in terms of effort?
Hats off to ice time tv. They do a brilliant job. Couldn't live without them. Bear in mind, they aren't professionals or full timers. You could be forgiven for thinking the way they deliver the show that they are. It really is a first class show. Of course they can improve on things. Match of the Day it isn't but its streaks ahead of anything I've seen before. Brilliant job guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

I'd have been happier knowing he was being held back to some extent, the fact he is not only makes the signing of him more of a mistake and I'm a fan of him or was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jones72

With all due respect to Steve: saying that there's no general stop sign on Bordeleau doesn't mean that he isn't being held back on a case-by-case basis. Watching on a webcast from Canada is all well and good, but that's not going to capture every nuance of a game.

Personally I don't give two shits about "defending" players. Players come and players go. No one player is bigger than the team/club. That said I'll happily call what I see...good or bad. Last night Bordeleau was held back.

As for sucking eggs...I'm at the back of block nine...feel free to come over and kiss my arse at any time.

E.D.S.

I'm glad you have said lord isn't holding bordeleau back..
so all the ones sticking up for him and making excuses can go suck eggs.. like you said Steve he is here to do a job and I just want him to do so..

Let's hope tonight is a lot better
I don't think it changes anything does it? I sill stand by not wanting Bordy in the box.
As much as Electro talks utter nonsense I'm inclined to agree with him about not wanting to know that Bordy was being held back. I don't think that helps anyone.

Electro

Electro I'm with you don't worry!

But tonight we seen a different person and Fitzgerald wasn't to be seen :) that's what I like
Absolutely.

Beating Sheffield is always pleasant.

I'd have been happy and convinced of our team had it not gone to Penalties.

Yesterday is history, done and dusted, time to move on, only when you forget history it has an awful habit of repeating itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk