Devils v Panthers - 10/12 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Russky

Cant wait for this game. My first visit to the IAW for a game this season. Also looking forward to meeting some long time friends renewing some acquaintances before the game and during the period breaks.

Last edited:

voth26

We need another hard working performance tonight, although the panthers are in a mess they always seem to lift their game against us, the Steelers made light work of them last weekend, hopefully we can do the same. Stay disciplined although it would be a massive trade off for us I'd like to see Batchy or Louis sort Farmer out!! Take our chances clinically hopefully brings us 2 points

ASHIPP

The Panthers played Wiikman against us last time and Pacl (their young goalie) against the Steelers in one game. Think another of their dmen was out with injury on Sunday meaning Lindhagen had to cover both ends of the ice. The score flattered the Steelers although Panthers didn't/couldn't play to their strengths.
Hoping the Devils can put up a gritty, focused and disciplined performance again, screening Panthers' goalie and breaking down Panthers' pk.
Neilson will have learnt a lot from last game down here... not least about discipline and a changing game plan.

voth26

The Panthers played Wiikman against us last time and Pacl (their young goalie) against the Steelers in one game. Think another of their dmen was out with injury on Sunday meaning Lindhagen had to cover both ends of the ice. The score flattered the Steelers although Panthers didn't/couldn't play to their strengths.
Hoping the Devils can put up a gritty, focused and disciplined performance again, screening Panthers' goalie and breaking down Panthers' pk.
Neilson will have learnt a lot from last game down here... not least about discipline and a changing game plan.
I'm hoping we come out physical with quality forechecking and quick transition and don't give them the time or space to get their game going. As you say we need to get the big body in front of the Nettie and get the screen going, quality of shots when chances come will be key as well.

Samael

I hope this doesn't turn into another frustrating game where we have the majority of possession but can't convert that into goals. A shut out for Maddog or Bowns would be nice though, maybe 3-0? And those tangerine queens from Yorkshire to have a bad tempered, knackering penalty shoot out loss in Belfast, ready for when we show them some Devils brand of hockey hospitality tomorrow.:)

James

Administrator
I hope this doesn't turn into another frustrating game where we have the majority of possession but can't convert that into goals. A shut out for Maddog or Bowns would be nice though, maybe 3-0? And those tangerine queens from Yorkshire to have a bad tempered, knackering penalty shoot out loss in Belfast, ready for when we show them some Devils brand of hockey hospitality tomorrow.:)
Don't be wishing Steelers a point now. A bad tempered, knackering thrashing by Belfast would do me. I unfortunately don't think Belfast are up to it anymore.

Samael

Sadly you're right l think, the Giants are sleeping this year so can't see them giving Sheffield a pasting but as long as they give them a long hard one (no it's not ladies night l'm talking about lol) l'll be happy.
I'd like to see Haddad have a good game tonight too.

Russky

while it would be nice for Belfast to give the Steelers a right going over, both physically and by winning the game itself, I cant see it happening and we really cant rely on other teams doing us any favours.

terry hunt

We will have a good ref tonight but it may depend on whether Wiikman is fit he usually plays well against us.They still have a lot of talent if they stick to playing hockey.
We have Hicks against the Steelers i wonder if any of Thommos's abuse has had any effect on him and he favours them.Cheating has never bothered the Steelers as long as the win.

Russky

We will have a good ref tonight but it may depend on whether Wiikman is fit he usually plays well against us.They still have a lot of talent if they stick to playing hockey.
We have Hicks against the Steelers i wonder if any of Thommos's abuse has had any effect on him and he favours them.Cheating has never bothered the Steelers as long as the win.
All part of the Thommo mind games scenario I reckon. Smejkal (Sp?) he could be the best ref in the league but he let a lot go the last time he officiated a Devils game. My feelings on Hicks would no doubt be replicated by other members of the Devils fanbase. Had it been Dean Smith I would be a lot happier but alas.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Sadly you're right l think, the Giants are sleeping this year so can't see them giving Sheffield a pasting but as long as they give them a long hard one (no it's not ladies night l'm talking about lol) l'll be happy.
I'd like to see Haddad have a good game tonight too.
Perhaps their a sleeping Giant, but will wake up today.

You sure ladies night wasnt last night

On a more serious note that is by far the worst period of Hockey this season. There hasnt been any go in anyone! Hopefully a few harsh words are being spoken right now and we come out a completely different team!

matbur

According to Ice Time, Todd was believed to be heading down to the dressing room too. Very poor from Devils, no fight whatsoever so far