Devils v Steelers - 27/11 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

James

Administrator
Steelers were held to a 2-2 draw at Edinburgh last night which means their Saturday game isn't a dead rubber game and I'm sure this Caps team won't roll over and die. The Wednesday travel will give Thommo a good excuse come Sunday.

Wannabe2

Watched last nights game, and the Caps were so unlucky not to win, they made Steelers look quite ordinary, although they aren't. Come on Edinburgh take them to overtime at least.

Foxy

We really cant afford to be playing catch up hockey tonight. Got to start playing right from the start. Sheffield are too good even with injuries

E.D.S.

A sign of a good team is one that plays badly and still win. We found a way to win tonight. No idea how! Well done boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitzgerald took the piss all night and what did bordeleua do??

He needs to be released and fight for god sake or is he injured??

Unbelievable from the devils to let a player do what he wants. Batch or hotham or even lord should have fought him.

I thought we was lucky to win tonight steelers deserved it imo.

A win is a win though :)

Russky

Teams who want to win championships find a way to 'win ugly' when they aren't playing well. The Devils effectively commited theft tonight by stealing (no pun intended) the points on offer.. Its clear as day that Steelers were the better team tonight, but the Devils found a way to win the game they had no right to win, by virtue of their performance. It was a true backs to the wall defensive performance.

Electro

When you bring a brawler to a party, you should expect a fight.

My opinion of him carrying an injury may have shifted after his actions in this game.

If you sign an a top NHL enforcer and don't let them do their job, to the point they make a public show of contempt to the team, it's gonna get messy. After all Lord maybe the coach, but Bordy's cv is one lord could only dream of, you have to listen and respect each other, we are winning games, that's true and long may it continue, but we are not convincing and it may take its toll later on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Win ugly, I don't care.
Fact is that is a huge 2 points against our closest rivals in the table.

I'm still not really getting the ' Bordy needs to fight everyone ' theme.
To me it's clearly an instruction to him to not go and do it and Lordo wants him on the ice not off it.

If players take liberties with ours you dont think Bordy wants to get stuck in?

If it was the case that this happened all the time and Bordy didn't want to fight then surely Lordo, Batch, Louis would have to step in instead but they don't, because I think Lordo wants our players to keep there heads on and their skates on the ice...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #12

Unbelievable from the devils to let a player do what he wants. Batch or hotham or even lord should have fought him.

I can't work out if you didn't see Bordeleasus actions, or you've just chosen to ignore what you saw.

When the hit came in on Bowns, he was alrwady halfway over the boards to go steaming in and someone pulled him back from the bench.

Then in the 2nd period break he returned to the dressing room after 4-5mins sat on the bench, storming down the tunnel before returning to sit on his own for the final 2mins.

I don't think he's not fighting through his own choice, it looks like the decision is being made for him and he's starting to get fustrated...

When you bring a brawler to a party, you should expect a fight.

My opinion of him carrying an injury may have shifted after his actions in this game.

If you sign an a top NHL enforcer and don't let them do their job, to the point they make a public show of contempt to the team, it's gonna get messy. After all Lord maybe the coach, but Bordy's cv is one lord could only dream of, you have to listen and respect each other, we are winning games, that's true and long may it continue, but we are not convincing and it may take its toll later on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think you're far wrong here. There's clearly something going on there because it couldn't have been any clearer just how pissed off Bordeleau looked when he was sat on his own on the bench during the 2nd period break...

Gaz G

<Deleted by mods>

Wannabe2

Well we got pushed around to night, but took the win and put extra pressure on the steelers. Now we could have beaten the crap out of the whole steelers team, but nothing will hurt them more than going home with Jack S--t. It's true we stole that tonight, and both netties had a cracking game, what a great sight watching Thomo doing his nut in. As has already been said Championship winning teams learn to pull out wins, when they ain't playing great.

KaneDevils

Nobody has ever said they want bordy to fight everyone. Just those who deserve a slap for taking liberties. You know, what he was signed for.

Great win tonight, huge 2 points. Fan Dabby Dozey. :D

Im sorry but people expecting bordeleau to do everything are crazzyy! Batch was on the ice in the 2nd period when fitzgerald started taking liberties. He is so quiet. Was the same when Louis got jumped by Fitzferald a few weeks ago.

Bordy is there to protect his team now someone tell me how he is doing that job?? Going over to Fitzgerald and bumping in to him ohhhhh scary hey... Fitzgerald cross checked Myers 3 times punched hotham a few times in the face. He also hit culligan in to boards flying. And got away with murder all night..

Anyone that thinks bordy shouldn't have fought him are truly deluded...

I have been watching hockey 15 years and Fitzgerald owned us and I would have him in my team all day ahead of most of our players

We sign a top nhl enforcer to protect our team something we have missed for a few years.. and the only person he has protected so far this season is himself against klotz out star players are getting smashed around all night and he is doing nothing to protect them.. sorry but there's no excuses