Zion gone

Gazza272

Tha article reads like they arent bringing anyone in!

Seems strange That Zion is the scapegoat out of all this. Corey must live in the Matrix dodging this many bullets.

I thought Zion was pretty decent last season as a Squeeler, and started the season pretty well as a Panther. Not sure what happened, I think he got injured or something? Anyway, he looks a shadow of his former self right now, sloppy passes everywhere...

He was a very offensive D-man, which can be a good thing, if you have the correct team mates around you. With the Panthers roster, they probably would have been better of looking for another Lepine type D-man lol.

ASHIPP

After his earlier injury, he didn't seem the same. And the environment at that club recently has been so disruptive, if a player is unsettled/unhappy, he's not going to be at his best. Brought in as another offensive Dman - but it's Corey who's racking up the points for them whilst spending 98% of every game on the ice. Might explain why CN has managed to remain unscathed so far in all of this. :? Zion is being blamed by some fans for one of Vipers' goals on Wednesday.
Sometimes it's better to work hard/differently with what you've got rather than create a 'revolving doors' environment of uncertainty and disruption to 'fix' things. Persistent changes won't gel a team and time is running out. You think they would have realised that by now. :roll:

James

Administrator
Thread starter #6
With Macdonald leaving the other day and Zion now, does that leave them an import down ? I loose track

wildthing74

Swap for Campbell anyone?Do Steelers need 11 forwards with Jono fit and Squires coming through,maybe a defection back to the other dark side.I would take that if I was a Steeler.

ASHIPP

wildthing74 said:
Swap for Campbell anyone?Do Steelers need 11 forwards with Jono fit and Squires coming through,maybe a defection back to the other dark side.I would take that if I was a Steeler.
Steeltalk posters already speculating! It's not beyond the realms of posibility BUT....

Steelers, like the Devils, are performing like a well-oiled machine right now with their existing roster. Just can't see Ben Simon wanting anything to interfere with that, especially a (possibily) demotivated player who has just left what seems to be a very negative environment.

zoesdevil

Scott said:
I thought Zion was pretty decent last season as a Squeeler, and started the season pretty well as a Panther. Not sure what happened, I think he got injured or something? Anyway, he looks a shadow of his former self right now, sloppy passes everywhere...

He was a very offensive D-man, which can be a good thing, if you have the correct team mates around you. With the Panthers roster, they probably would have been better of looking for another Lepine type D-man lol.
That's what Corey Neilson does to you, he draws the quality out of you and turns your play into true Panther style............****!!!

Top coaches would of got the best out him like he was at Squeelerville!!

Never mind another player bites the dust at Panties!! :lol:

He wasn't actually very good at Sheffield.

Obviously, our fans could see that. Panthers fans wouldn't have any of it.

Another Sheffield to Nottingham 'transfer' that failed miserably for them lot! :D

I remember Zion being a fantastic attacking D-Man; however he needed a strong defensive partner to cover the gaps he left. Certainly a great player, if you have the D-men and good checking back from your forwards then I have no doubt he would be a great player on the transition. However because Nottingham play a run and gun style of hockey, and are very light at the back, he doesn’t really fit in well, would leave far too much space for opposition forwards to skate into.

Every year Nottingham is one great defensive d-man away from the league title, but instead of boosting their defence, they try to sign another high scoring forward, or attacking minded d-man. Let’s hope they don’t get wise to this.

TheStub

Not much time until the trade deadline. I wonder if we'll see Zion plugging gaps with Vipers or Caps.

At the moment he will be an improvement over the roster gaps they have. Caps have to be a good runner, they must have a good chunk of money from the guys who walked.

ASHIPP said:
Rumours today that Zion has signed for the Giants. :?
Hmm as a Giants fan I'm not sure about this, its not the type of player we need. Personally I feel we are lacking a physical, gritty forward.

Swap ya Zion for Finnerty... ;)