Your views of Brad Voth- Article for the Inferno

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #1
Obviosuly with Brad retiring this year after 7 seasons with the Devils, we would like to hear some of your favoruite memories of the lord mayor of Cardiff.

You can post your responses via this thread and we will post the article in the next week or so. This will also link in with Glynne's dvd for Voth which is almost completed.

Thanks
G

Wannabe2

Ger-Devils said:
Obviosuly with Brad retiring this year after 7 seasons with the Devils, we would like to hear some of your favoruite memories of the lord mayor of Cardiff.

You can post your responses via this thread and we will post the article in the next week or so. This will also link in with Glynne's dvd for Voth which is almost completed.

Thanks
G
And i can tell you if its on the dvd, bet it will be. :lol:

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #3
Wannabe2 said:
Ger-Devils said:

Thanks
G
And i can tell you if its on the dvd, bet it will be. :lol:
Haha no doubt it will, you could start us off with the memories....

Wannabe2

Awesome moment when a NHL Veteran who has faced all sorts of players thought he would try a face wash on the Mayor, bit stupid to the extremes really, as his attempt was responded with a one handed shove that sent the little blighter into orbit, thought the teddy toss had started early myself :lol: Mr Theo Fleury you may have been a very successful NHL player but it didnt wash at the WNIR, its on the dvd in slow mo, so very funny.

Koop11

To name a few:

Voth’s OT winner at home against Belfast in the quarter finals of the playoffs (2008/2009 season??)

Theo Flurry’s debut in the WNIR and Voth with one hand throws him down centre ice.

Voth battering Steve Munn after Munn tries to mug him in Cardiff.

Voth v Cornish in London

Voth walking onto the ice in the blue tent to wave bye to the fans.

Gaz G

For me, my favourite memory of the big man was off the ice. We had played a game on the Saturday night at the BBT. As myself the misses and our 6 month old daughter were leaving the misses put the babies changing back on the floor in the car park as she was sorting the baby. Forgot she had put the bag down and off we drove. I rang the rink the following morning to see if the bag (containing baby essentials, a purse with cash and cards etc and some keys) had been handed in. No joy. They took my number and on the Monday I get a call saying that Vother had picked the bag up at 7am, taken it with him and the guys all the way to Edinburgh and back. Top top bloke.

Gaz G

Haha didn't think you would mate. Looking forward to the DVD. Trying to rack my brains for the most memorable moment on the ice.

Paul Sullivan

Too many on the ice to list, and I know Glynne will have all of those anyway.

For me I will never forget the composure and dignity he displayed at that farewell game. During the anthem he was stood next to the booth and was an inspirational mix of sadness, joy, humility and just 'belonging'.

A gentleman's performance on an incredibly difficult occasion.

voth26

for me his massive check on uncle corey when he tried to put him through the plexi up in nottingham, I have never seen a plexi bend so much

Gazza272

Shortly after the infamous Check on Tait we played the Steelers at the tent. Ashley had tried a few times to slash voth thinking he wouldnt reply because of what happened, only for Voth to continually slash back.

Late on in the game Voth gave Tait a check and Munn thought he would be tough and jumped Voth from behind, except he didnt quite get it right and voth stayed on his feet.

Then this happened........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWCO3pxo_bo

Block 2 then proceeded to chant 'Stupid Steve' while he whinged to the Stir that he was punched while he was on the floor :lol:

One memory that immediatly jumps to mind is a home game against the Vipers. Voth skated past the Vipers bench, heard a bit of chirping, and when the Vipers player refused to get off the bench to meet Voth on the ice face to face, Voth simply leaned over the barrier and dished out a couple of slaps! No nonsence - that's what I liked about Voth!