Youngblood

Thread starter #1
After recounting to my son about Ice Hockey injuries I told him about one that I had seen where a player had hit off the helmet of another player then swiped his skates up. Suddenly I realised that I was telling him about the scene where Patrick Swayze got injuried in the 1986 film Youngblood that I hadn't watched for about 20 years.

Did a lot of digging around over the weekend and found it and have watched it again.

God I love cheesy 1980's movies.

StevenBletsoe said:
After recounting to my son about Ice Hockey injuries I told him about one that I had seen where a player had hit off the helmet of another player then swiped his skates up. Suddenly I realised that I was telling him about the scene where Patrick Swayze got injuried in the 1986 film Youngblood that I hadn't watched for about 20 years.

Did a lot of digging around over the weekend and found it and have watched it again.

God I love cheesy 1980's movies.
Tell you what mate awesome film and funnily enough i was watching it last night, went to Toronto last October and being the nerd that i am visited two of the rinks they used for the filming locations, great holiday :D

Thread starter #3
Am watching it again now. Dean getting fighting tips from older brother as we speak. Sutton in Hospital. All the odds are against them. Wonder what will happen

StevenBletsoe said:
Am watching it again now. Dean getting fighting tips from older brother as we speak. Sutton in Hospital. All the odds are against them. Wonder what will happen
I reckon Carl Racki gets a beating and the whole of the puck just goes over the line from the penalty shot!! :D

Rempel16

''Let's go....... Pretty boy''

''The only thing better than a glass of beer is tea with miss Mcgill''

''You'll be playing for the Tallahassee Warthogs next year boy''

''Ding ding, paging Dr Sutton''

''My dad wasn't just some goon you know''

Classic film!!!

Was reading this post yesterday and had never heard of this film. Downloaded it and watched it yesterday and what a film! But how do u guys think it compares to Slap-shot?

wildthing74

Never heard of Youngblood?When I was a kid after discovering hockey I must have watched it 50 times.Hadn't seen it in about 18 years and when it was on one of the Sky channels recenttly I remebered it pretty much word for word.That is quite sad I know.

wildthing74 said:
Never heard of Youngblood?When I was a kid after discovering hockey I must have watched it 50 times.Hadn't seen it in about 18 years and when it was on one of the Sky channels recenttly I remebered it pretty much word for word.That is quite sad I know.
Guessing Ur a lot older than me then, this film was released the year I was born!

wildthing74

Rossboy19 said:
wildthing74 said:
Guessing Ur a lot older than me then, this film was released the year I was born!
If 35 is a lot older than you then yeah!I think it came out in 85-86 so don't think 10 years is much older ;)

wildthing74 said:
Rossboy19 said:
wildthing74 said:
If 35 is a lot older than you then yeah!I think it came out in 85-86 so don't think 10 years is much older ;)
10 years is nearly half my life lol. I'm surprised I've not heard of it sooner tbh, makes me wonder if there are more hockey related films I've missed out on

James

Administrator
Rossboy19 said:
10 years is nearly half my life lol. I'm surprised I've not heard of it sooner tbh, makes me wonder if there are more hockey related films I've missed out on
Slapshot and Miracle should be on your watch list if you haven't seen them. Don't bother with Mighty Ducks as the 'flying V' was clearly offside :D

James said:
Rossboy19 said:
Slapshot and Miracle should be on your watch list if you haven't seen them. Don't bother with Mighty Ducks as the 'flying V' was clearly offside :D
Yeh well aware of that dodgy manoeuvre. Seen slap shot aswell as the Stephen Baldwin sequel (not the best viewing), what's miracle?

Just ordered Miracle thanks. Being new to this addictive sport I have been wondering how to get through the summer months without hockey. The only film with Ice Hockey I've seen so far is "The Tooth Fairy" which I'm not too proud to admit I enjoyed!! Any more?

dave

Mike Myers - Love Guru if really desperate

Old film called - Net Worth

And the best IMHO - Mystery Alaska..