You decide

James

Administrator
MattHuskie said:
Stringer and Elich are interesting choices too, those two had strange carrers IMO, considering the talent they had.
Elich I think it was rumoured at the time to be very bad in the dressing room and have an attitude problem. Not sure of the truth but there is usually some reason.

wildthing74

I still think Hodge is the best pound for pound player we ever had and getting him at all was a huge coupe.We simply could never have had him any sooner as he was still in and around the NHL but was still great when we had him.

I honestly think if he didn't have a dad with the same name who was an NHL legend he would have played most of his career in the NHL. Imagine the pressure he was always under especially in Boston.

Devil_Abroad

Hodge oozed class - not the quickest by the time he arrived - but he managed to always find bundles of space and time when on the puck - found linemates in space - always managed to block the lanes with his stick - I imagine Martin being like that at the age of 38.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ger-Devils

I know we had him with us for 3 years but Tyson Teplitsky.

Such a good player, very good skater and gutted he decided to call it a day when he did

ASHIPP

Mac Faulkner. A fantastic goalscorer and playmaker. Missed part of his two seasons with a serious injury. Although great in season 2, he didn't quite reach the dizzy heights after that injury, but in the worst season on and off ice for the Devils, Mac showed how fantastic he was for other reasons.....as team Captain and as a person.

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
Mac Faulkner. A fantastic goalscorer and playmaker. Missed part of his two seasons with a serious injury. Although great in season 2, he didn't quite reach the dizzy heights after that injury, but in the worst season on and off ice for the Devils, Mac showed how fantastic he was for other reasons.....as team Captain and as a person.

Great call. I often wonder what he's doing now days?
On leaving he mentioned a possible return to hockey but thats never materialised