Xmas party

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
Hope its ok to post on here mods as I think the events forum gets ignored.Was wondering if anybody knows if the club intend to hold a Christmas party this year for the adults and kids?
I did try and contact somebody I know at the club but did not get a response and would have thought there would have been a mention in the programme by now(unless I have missed it?).
Thanks and would be grateful if anybody knew either way as my kids had a great time last year and was good for them to meet the players in a more relaxed environment.

mazza03

I think the supporters club used to organize the kids party, could well be wrong though. And as there isn't a supporters club, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildthing74

Thread starter #3
Yeah that is my worry Mazz that they won't bother.Shame really as I have 2 little girls who were really looking forward to it this year and I guess I assume its not going to happen.
If the promised 'Red Army' was up and running by now,maybe a few more social events would have been sorted?

Sheincar

In all honesty I can't see any Christmas parties happening, not least because there's no profit in organising them, just goodwill towards the fans. That doesn't seem to be a priority for the club if there's no money to be made. I suspect in future there will only be formal events so no bowling etc. As was said if a party was going to happen then surely it would have been announced by now although I don't think the club's actually announced the Teddy Toss yet. PR is rubbish!!! See - now there's no CDSL you miss us!!

wildthing74

Thread starter #5
Massive own goal by the club if nothing gets organised.I fear you're right Sheila in regards to the no profit issue being a factor.

Sheincar

Trouble is they don't seem to realise that if they show a bit of goodwill it goes a long way. Shame really because I know the players have enjoyed the kids Christmas parties in the past & they get very few chances to meet up with fans.

osh

Sheincar said:
Trouble is they don't seem to realise that if they show a bit of goodwill it goes a long way. Shame really because I know the players have enjoyed the kids Christmas parties in the past & they get very few chances to meet up with fans.
Unfortunately, talking about what the club is and isn't doing will never be resolved by posters. Why don't you give the club a call and make the suggestion ? It could be something that they may be glad to do but have simply overlooked ? Good PR on their part and a great suggestion on yours, everyone wins!

It's a shame that the club and former CDSL members can't find a way to work together.

CDSL have provided valuable support over the years, and I can't see how the bitterness that I'm sensing is doing anybody any good.

I think the problem is that the club don't want a separate supporter's club, they want to keep all the profit's.

What they obviously overlooked, from Sheincar's post, is that the most popular events don't make much profit.

I guess if the club would release the player's there wouldn't be much stopping CDSL organising events?

Sheincar

The club made it clear that they would be pushing ahead with Red Army and that would be the only supporters club endorsed by the club. On that basis I cannot see that they would release the players to attend any non-Red Army or club events.

TBH I don't really see why fans should have to remind the club that Christmas is coming & that they may like to organise kids parties!!!

osh

Sheincar said:
The club made it clear that they would be pushing ahead with Red Army and that would be the only supporters club endorsed by the club. On that basis I cannot see that they would release the players to attend any non-Red Army or club events.

TBH I don't really see why fans should have to remind the club that Christmas is coming & that they may like to organise kids parties!!!

Sheincar, you are obviously anxious regarding this subject, why don't you do what Devil Dom did on the other thread (Devils and local companies ) and email Simon regarding the topic ? At least you will get a response by the sound of things. You are putting the club down without finding out what their view on this subject is. Just ask them.

Fubar

osh said:
You are putting the club down without finding out what their view on this subject is. Just ask them.
in defense of my friend Sheincar :cool: i think that you couldnt be farther from the truth Osh. Now thats the formalities out the way...where's my cwtch Sheincar??

Sheincar

Fubar said:
osh said:
You are putting the club down without finding out what their view on this subject is. Just ask them.
in defense of my friend Sheincar :cool: i think that you couldnt be farther from the truth Osh. Now thats the formalities out the way...where's my cwtch Sheincar??
Fubar - sorry was late on Sunday - 2 cwtches coming up on the weekend ;)

Osh the first part of my quote that you used is as told to CDSL by Simon. I'm not anxious - just very disappointed in the club and that all the good work done by all the previous supporters clubs is being thrown away.

osh

Sheincar said:
Fubar said:
osh said:
Osh the first part of my quote that you used is as told to CDSL by Simon. I'm not anxious - just very disappointed in the club and that all the good work done by all the previous supporters clubs is being thrown away.

Sheincar, had you have stated that someone from the club (Simon) had announced that this event wouldn't take place, I wouldn't have posted about asking them. I agree with you, its a shame they are not grabbing this sort of PR opportunity to gel with the fans, especially as its the youngsters that will miss out.

Finny

bluedevil said:
I think the problem is that the club don't want a separate supporter's club, they want to keep all the profit's.
Where did the profits from the previous supporters clubs go?

Sheincar

Finny said:
bluedevil said:
Where did the profits from the previous supporters clubs go?
Prior to last year, the income received from 50/50, membership, social events, travel & any merchandise was used to fund activities throughout the year and any profits were handed over to the juniors. Last season the only income CDSL had was from membership & a few social events & therefore made no money.

James

Administrator
Sheincar said:
all the good work done by all the previous supporters clubs is being thrown away.
Lots of good work has been done by previous supporters clubs, but out of interest how long ago. I don't remember an active supporters club since we have moved into the tent. The seemingly non-existent Red Army club, the latest incarnation of CDSL, Unkie Bobs Booster Club. I don't recall a huge amount of anything recently.

I really can't see the benefit in the club going to the expense of launching and running a supporters club when they already had one they could work with

Chris

Administrator
But from the limited meetings I went to with regards to CDSL when we offered them help via the website and forums...

CDSL wanted to be run entirely separate from the club, but with the clubs full backing and if I recall correctly, some sort of financial benefit from the club...

I can't remember the specific wording when it was said, but i'm fairly certain it was along those lines.

I guess maybe that's why the club want their own supporters club, it's probably better for them to back their own club, and provide it with whatever financial benefits and also be able to decide what it does.

As James has already said the last few incarnations of a supporters club really haven't done a great deal, this goes for the newest 'red army' idea as well.

Chris.

TheStub

Re: Re: Xmas party

Chris said:
As James has already said the last few incarnations of a supporters club really haven't done a great deal, this goes for the newest 'red army' idea as well.
I was thinking the same. So far, from my point of view Red Army has done as much as CDSL. Even the play off tickets were run better before CDSL did them.

I can't help agreeing with Chris. Perhaps Red Army is the club just making sure that if the supporters club was going to use their money, and represent them, they have a decent level of control. I can't imagine they seriously believe they will profit from, except from publicity and good will.

Hopefully they will arrange Christmas party. Maybe something more fitting for the DCF under the current set-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.