www.thecardiffdevils.com

Thread starter #1
Just typed in thecardiffdevils.com (forgetting the devils site doesn't include 'the') and it comes up with some music download site. Nearly all the songs are $0.14 each. Any idea if this is legit - has anyone used it? It doesn't seem to have the most up-to-date music but there's a few songs / albums on there I would buy if you could actually download them that cheaply.

A

Anonymous

FENDER BASSMAN said:
dont pay for music up loads ,how do i get my royaltys then you cheap skates,,stay in tune,dude ,more american slang, :lol:
I would comment on that, but I don't have a clue what your post even means? :lol:

A

Anonymous

bluedevil said:
Bread's free if you walk out of the shop with it. Would you do that?
Only if it was legal like P2P sharing! You can download NDS roms the same way, as Nintendo are fully aware but are still to do anything about it? Wonder why? Plus, if I was to download say a u2 song free its hardly going to break Bono now is it. Ive got like 300+ cd's in my collection so nows time to save a few quid and spend it on watching the Devils! Don't see a problem myself.

James

Administrator
bluedevil said:
Bread's free if you walk out of the shop with it. Would you do that?
Taking bread without paying for it is stealing. Downloading a song from the internet is copyright infingement. Stealing is a criminal offence, copyright infringment is a civil offence. Both are wrong, but all the adverts saying piracy is theft are being deliberately disingenuous.

TheStub

I know how the modern mind set of "music should be free" can be to smaller bands - I've seen it hit my mates.

To my mind, if you like something that has cost time and money to produce (and has to pay someones wages) then you should pay for it. That said, I now download most albums and then pay or delete later.

With the price of tracks being fairly low now, we are reaching a fairly good place.

If they can provide a decent priced, reliable service for the things that I currently 'steal' then I would jump on board. I just think the music and film industry don't see the potential, and have run scared to try and protect their old business models. Idiots.

A

Anonymous

TheStub said:
I know how the modern mind set of "music should be free" can be to smaller bands - I've seen it hit my mates.

To my mind, if you like something that has cost time and money to produce (and has to pay someones wages) then you should pay for it. That said, I now download most albums and then pay or delete later.

With the price of tracks being fairly low now, we are reaching a fairly good place.

If they can provide a decent priced, reliable service for the things that I currently 'steal' then I would jump on board. I just think the music and film industry don't see the potential, and have run scared to try and protect their old business models. Idiots.
I myself am into some obscure bands that most people haven't heard of. One of them being "Cowboys and aliens". Purchasing their albums is tough going and when you find them they are priced stupidly. I managed to download all their stuff free. Yeah the band loses out and I do feel a little guilty but I wanted their albums and this was pretty much my only option. Lets remember the bigger bands around and to sum degree the smaller ones, also make money from gigs, t.v appearances, merchandise, etc. If your into the commercial nonsense then you can buy your cd's from Tesco. For those of us with a more wider range of taste its not quite so simple.

If I buy an album and lend it to 30 people and they record a copy (how many of us do that?) I believe thats kind of illegal or used to be, the same as recording a song off the radio or a film off the t.v. We all do that too. Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury!