Would YOU want it at the tent?

Based on the penalties just handed out, wouldn't want it unless there was nothing left to play for. Far more fun watching the fall out from the two teams last weekend.

Earnie

A bench clearance results in severe match bans so though entertaining at the time the longer term affect is games lost. Its a no brainer - avoid them, keep your composure, and keep winning games.

Tad#

To be fair, it wasn't all Blaze or Panthers fault. Darnell Lost control of the game from the drop of the puck, and well..you saw what happened. I noticed in another topic someone brought up that Devils crashed the net a lot last season. While this maybe true, none of your players ever put the goalies health deliberately at risk. Panthers on the other hand, sat on Jaeger's head at one point - nothing got called might I add.

drainage

like everyone else its a no brainer for me .........the bans handed out have the potential to cause both teams issues and the league is to tight to risk it.

far rather amuse myself watching their fans hurl their vitriol at each other ,the ref,the guy selling hotdogs, the programme seller and anyone within a 5 mile radius!!!

I'm obviously going to be in the minority here, but I'd want it :D

Look at the coverage it's getting - http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl-293025

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu ... wl-5365362

Not to mention the massive increase in traffic to the Blaze's website and well over 200,000 views on youtube as it stands.

The bench clearance has resulted in the Blaze and Panthers gaining far more attention from UK hockey fans, but importantly casual fans and people in the UK and abroad who don't know anything about the game here.

This brawl has had more impact on the respective club's profile amongst people unfamilliar with UK hockey than any league championship IMO. (I believe a league championship means a huge amount to regular supporters of the clubs, but very little to a prospective new audience)

On the bans - it would be possible to have a bench clearence with far less serious bans.

- Don't run the goalie when you've already been chucked out of the game for swearing at the ref
- Make sure no-one is is already in the penalty box from your team when it kicks off
- Don't take a blindside run at a goalie when he's being restrained by a lino
- Don't start a second fight with the same bloke you've just gone with

So, just a bench clearence with 4 or 5 toe-to-toe scraps with the mandatory pushing and shoving from everyone else would do nicely :D . Remember - Robinson and Lee just got 5 mins for fighting.

Aside from that we might be looking at a couple of game penalties and 2-3 games for Franny for failure to control the bench. A loss no doubt, but not the end of the world for a couple of games I would think.

Bring it on!!!! :D

Just to add - the majority of the Youtube views seem to have come from people reading the Yahoo article (that's the video they posted)

Might be a good idea to strike while the iron's hot and get one going in the next couple of weekends :D