Would YOU want it at the tent?

Thread starter #1
Just want to get a cross section of opinion here. How many of you guys would like to see a bench clearance at the BBT this season? And also, how many people here are completely against that sort of behaviour in hockey?

Personally, id love to see something like that at the tent, Closest ive come to seeing a bench clearance was the brawl IN the benches against hull, ahh memories

Mooney#16

This season it would just be counter productive. Attached bans etc would ruin a perfectly good shout at the Eliteleague title so No. Blood lust will have to wait.

When you're mid table and going nowhere and seeing you're title ambition on the skids then why not give the fans something to shout about. Cough Coventry Blaze Cough. :D

Hynod

Not really, both Coventry and Nottingham lost the night after and with bans + injuries coming up it could be worse. I enjoy a scrap but it has to be at the right time. Much prefer a 12 nil win than a bench clearance.

ASHIPP

Absolutely not. It's a risk in so many different ways - injury, bans, undermines confidence and momentum. Blaze and Panthers both had players absent the following night, and also lost.
Why would any team challenging for points risk that?
Apart from a bit of a lapse against the Blaze in the CC tie down here, this season the Devils have proved they have far better discipline and mental approach than that.

Ejercito Rojas

Seen a few bench clearances in my time watching the Devils and whilst undoubtedly entertaining I would much prefer to see Weller or Voth or preferably both, take lets say Penner and Neilson to centre ice and give them a good battering. Something along the lines of how Mike MacWilliam announced his arrival in the UK by taking Cory Beaulieau to centre ice at Sheff arena and beat him senseless in front of 6ooo Sheff fans. Now that was priceless and worth the ticket and petrol money alone!! Happy Days!!:D

Ejercito Rojas

But if you were gonna have a bench clearance this is the Devils team built for the job in hand;
gugnet
Heavey
Weller
Ware
Norris
Darby
MacWilliam
Voth
Maxwell
Boh
Davison
Hope
MacIntyre
and Sacratini to kick it all off in the first place!!

I wouldnt like to see one, saw one years ago between the Devils and another team who I've forgotten (Grimsby maybe?). Whilst it may seem 'entertaining' they serve no purpose what so ever, no one wins even though some supporters think they do.

As has been said, all they attract is bans and injuries

jimmy snels

i would say after watching the chavs highlights reel id expect voth/weller/adams/finnerty/tylor/maxi to deal out some retribution in the right way if someone ran lyle 3 times.......... a bench clearance is stupid IMO. but if penner wants to run lyle and weller beat the hell out of him for it before he even dropped his gloves thats all good!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thread starter #9
To quote something skippy said on a different post

"The footage on Youtube saw a staggering 30,000 views on Sunday with the club receiving a 300% increase in 'friend requests' from Facebook.

The club's own website, www.coventryblaze.co.uk also saw a massive 200% increase on page views and 100% increase on visitors with over 9,000 page views on Saturday & Sunday alone!
" So at least it can serve SOME purpose other that satisfying blood lust haha

Diafol

ASHIPP said:
Absolutely not. It's a risk in so many different ways - injury, bans, undermines confidence and momentum. Blaze and Panthers both had players absent the following night, and also lost.
Why would any team challenging for points risk that?
Apart from a bit of a lapse against the Blaze in the CC tie down here, this season the Devils have proved they have far better discipline and mental approach than that.
Totally agree with this, with the run the Devils are on at the moment that's the last thing we need.

Finny

The bench clearance will be the highlight of the season for two teams who won't win any silverware.

I want to win silverware.

A bench clearance would be like going out and hitting the beers hard. Fun and entertaining at the time but will cause problems after the event (like soreness and lack of resources).

If someone did that to Lyle tho I'd very much want to see some violence.

Finny

Mark666 said:
A bench clearance would be like going out and hitting the beers hard. Fun and entertaining at the time but will cause problems after the event (like soreness and lack of resources).
Excellent metaphor. I bet the Coventry and Nottingham fans loved it at the time, but they both lost the following night and that has dented their title chances.

If you were able to chose when to have a bench clearance, at the end of the season when the league title is decided would be the best - like we did against Nottingham many years ago. Although these days with such a short playoffs series it would affect that too.

Fubar

would love to see a devils bench clearance BUT NOT THIS SEASON! we're on a roll! i think the closest we got in recent years was the game against the Racers in the WNIR....Cugnet and Cornish LOL

Finny

Or maybe the club should be looking into some sponsorship deal with Hotters where their girls come to games to dance/hand out hot chicken/sit on my lap.

Any of the above would be good.

TheStub

Re: Re: Would YOU want it at the tent?

Finny said:
Or maybe the club should be looking into some sponsorship deal with Hotters where their girls come to games to dance/hand out hot chicken/sit on my lap.

Sparta also have hot girls bringing half litres of beer your seat. Plus cheerleaders and rather tasty hostesses in the VIP area. Devils take note!

Martynwo

Finny said:

Hey Finny..Like you've never been there to see how it's spelt :lol:
Someone told me it's spelt Hooters not hotters