Would you chose a Rhino over a CH sports shirt?

Would you chose a Rhino over a CH sports shirt?

• CH shirt for £50 with 10% of cost to the club.

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • Rhino Shirt for £50 with 20% of cost to the club.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • £50 for a shirt, I am not paying that!

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
If you knew that 10% or 20% of the cost of the shirt went towards reducing the clubs losses what would you chose?

I have no idea if the figures relate to the real world or not but I know that the Rhino shirts are not every ones cup of tea just wondering if opinions would change when looking at it from this point of view.

Kipper

I don't fully understand the question.CH Sports provide shirts to the club at a cost very adjacent to that of Rhinos therefore there the 10% or 20% argument has no foundation.

In terms of quality CH Sports shirts are far superior to the printed tat served up by Rhino at a similar cost.My view is that the prices obtained at auction by quality CH shirts would be far more than the sum achieved by auctioning Rhino shirts-my shirt collecting friends may agree or not I have no idea.

Furthermore,the CH Sports shirts are made to last and don't degrade as quickly as do the Rhino alternative.My guess is that far more shirts would have to be replaced at extra cost if the club went down the Rhino route.

This would be a false economy even if the Rhino shirts were significantly cheaper (which they are not) and in any case is hardly going to make a difference to the financial viability of the club.

My understanding in any case is that CH have provided the club with many sets of shirts free of charge over the years which have achieved significant income for the club.

steve

Hopefully there will be no 'obligation' to use rhino now and we can go back to CH.

Just to reiterate to anyone reading...I personally will not buy a rhino jersey.

Perhaps with the new 'arrogance free zone' that is the club office, they may just pay attention if we all make our feelings known?

Thread starter #4
Kipper said:
I don't fully understand the question.
Its nothing more that it says, if you had a choice of £5 or £10 going back into the club thus helping to reduce debts what would you choose?

Kipper said:
CH Sports provide shirts to the club at a cost very adjacent to that of Rhinos therefore there the 10% or 20% argument has no foundation.
I never said it did, quite the opposite. I stated I had no Idea what the real world would add up to. Like wise I very much doubt we would get a choice.

Kipper said:
In terms of quality CH Sports shirts are far superior to the printed tat served up by Rhino at a similar cost.My view is that the prices obtained at auction by quality CH shirts would be far more than the sum achieved by auctioning Rhino shirts-my shirt collecting friends may agree or not I have no idea.
I have heard some players prefer the Rhino shirts, though not directly from a player. I suspect collectors will always pay a premium for the shirt they view as more desirable, look at the difference in home and away shirts for example.

Kipper said:
Furthermore,the CH Sports shirts are made to last and don't degrade as quickly as do the Rhino alternative. My guess is that far more shirts would have to be replaced at extra cost if the club went down the Rhino route.
Like wise more sales year in year out to fans.

Kipper said:
This would be a false economy even if the Rhino shirts were significantly cheaper (which they are not) and in any case is hardly going to make a difference to the financial viability of the club.
Two phrases spring to mind, every little helps and look after the pennies and the pounds will look after them selves.

I think the surprise here for me is no one thinks £50 is to much.

For what its worth, I have changed my own vote twice already.

Thread starter #6
steve said:
Hopefully there will be no 'obligation' to use rhino now and we can go back to CH.

Just to reiterate to anyone reading...I personally will not buy a rhino jersey.

Perhaps with the new 'arrogance free zone' that is the club office, they may just pay attention if we all make our feelings known?
Email stating you will commit to buying a CH shirt for 2012 if it costs under £xx but not a hope for a Rhino one might carry more weight.

Do you think the commitment will grab there attention more the lost sale?

Skippy

I voted CH as the Rhino stuff I have seen has been nasty. I also now realize that I have no concept of what a replica went for last season ? Also on the Rhino front do they come with player name and numbers as standard ? Or is that extra ? Not that I'd buy Rhino just wondering.

Tyke Devil

Have got 2 Rhino shirts. One a GB shirt, for my trip to MSG to see the Rangers. Had no choice but to buy that one from Rhino. Was a great conversation starter though with the Rangers fans so probably worth it.

The other Rhino is a shirt from the 2011 play-offs. More of a souvenir I suppose from a fantastic weekend.

All the other shirts in the household are CH...and long may it remain that way. Much prefer the look, feel and weight of the CH shirts.

I will stick to my CH and will not be purchasing any Cardiff Rhino replicas this season. Will probably have to bid on a "Boom Boom" shirt for mini-tyke devil at the end of the season though. If he is back that is!

wildthing74

I own quite a few of both and whilst I prefer the CH I guess it each to their own.From a fan's persepctive the Rhinos are nicer to wear in the hotter months of the season especially Sept yet the CH ones are thicker so better in the cold winter months.
For years we had printed shirts and they went for similar money to now and certainly auctions were massively expensive for game worns so I am not convinved that Rhinos wont still go for a premium.

I personally prefer the CH shirts but if Rhino shirts could be made with names/numbers on the back it might not be so bad

And when my authentic on ice maple leafs jersey is over $300 CAN £50 is very cheap IMO

toy_car_uk said:
If you knew that 10% or 20% of the cost of the shirt went towards reducing the clubs losses what would you chose?
Considering that Rinkcorp owe CH £13,160.90 and Rhino £5354.40 you may not get either.

wildthing74

Stewart said:
toy_car_uk said:
Considering that Rinkcorp owe CH £13,160.90 and Rhino £5354.40 you may not get either.
You could have a point as would there be any goodwill left? Along with many other creditors CH did not deserve to get shafted for such a big sum.
A very good friend did point out to me that ironically we have never won a trophy in a CH manufactured shirt!

wildthing74 said:
Stewart said:
toy_car_uk said:
You could have a point as would there be any goodwill left? Along with many other creditors CH did not deserve to get shafted for such a big sum.
A very good friend did point out to me that ironically we have never won a trophy in a CH manufactured shirt!
Good lord man! You've got it wrong! Sean is right, we won the CC in a CH jersey!!!

Personally, I wouldn't pay £50 for a Rhino replica jersey. I would normally buy one CH jersey per season. It's for the club to decide if the extra profit they'd make per jersey will make up for the loss of overall sales by switching to Rhino. I get the impression that a lot less replicas will be sold next season, unless the price comes down.

I would still be tempted to buy game worns etc though.