Woo Hoo shot blocker Smith is back

rocketbob

KaneDevils said:
Why so little reaction to this re-signing? Good news is it not? :s
Not sure why the reaction is so muted. Mark is definitely an unsung hero for the Devils. Very glad to see him back. :grin::grin:

wildthing74

Agreed.Mark would be one of the first guys I would have back if I was G. Sadly I think that some players get taken for granted after being at a club a few seasons and don't get the recognition they deserve. Mark is pound for pound one of our most important players and much like Stuuu seems to be off many people's radar.
Welcome back Mr 9/10 every game.

Koop11

Mark Smith is not flash, not physical and in many respects goes unnoticed. What he does do however is many of the things that people fail to see. His awareness, shot blocking, commitment and discipline compliment any defence. You would not have a great defensive line up with all Mark Smiths but with the right balance on the blue line, Mark Smith is as an important player as any other.

I am very pleased to see Mark Smith return. This is a bigger signing that many will give credit for. Welcome back Mr Smith. More of the same please.

kettdevil1

Koop11 said:
Mark Smith is not flash, not physical and in many respects goes unnoticed. What he does do however is many of the things that people fail to see. His awareness, shot blocking, commitment and discipline compliment any defence. You would not have a great defensive line up with all Mark Smiths but with the right balance on the blue line, Mark Smith is as an important player as any other.

I am very pleased to see Mark Smith return. This is a bigger signing that many will give credit for. Welcome back Mr Smith. More of the same please.
Says it all for me.