Wish List

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
Mention of an ex Devil (Travis Brigley). Another Ex Devil who I would love to see back would be Jeff Ulmer. Jeff is a winger who scores lots of goals and points, he ended up top goal and points scorer for the Frankfurt Lions last season 2009/10. (37 & 37) Think he'd be the answer to our goal scoring problems.
I think he'd be the answer to our trophy winning problems too!
Fantastic player, I remember him playing for us in Coventry not long after arriving in the country. We expected him to be jetlagged and not up to speed, and he destroyed the Blaze with an awesome hat-trick.
Would love to see him back, but I'm guessing he would still be commanding a huge wage.

Well Finny & ASHIPP, it is a wish list after all eh ! Saw him play in Germany and he is a brave player too, took all sorts of hits and checks ( some of them legal as well) and still scored twice in games that I saw ( albeit a couple of years ago though) would be a great provider for a natural scoring centre, ah well, we can but dream. But that is the standard of a first line player we could do with.

ASHIPP said:
Finny said:
osh said:
Mention of an ex Devil (Travis Brigley). Another Ex Devil who I would love to see back would be Jeff Ulmer. Jeff is a winger who scores lots of goals and points, he ended up top goal and points scorer for the Frankfurt Lions last season 2009/10. (37 & 37) Think he'd be the answer to our goal scoring problems.
Fantastic player, I remember him playing for us in Coventry not long after arriving in the country. We expected him to be jetlagged and not up to speed, and he destroyed the Blaze with an awesome hat-trick.
Would love to see him back, but I'm guessing he would still be commanding a huge wage.
Wasn't Shannon out in Germany a few weeks ago - scouting for players perhaps whilst on holiday? :cool:
DREAM ON !

What about a team of....

Colt King, Les Reaney, Ryan Held
Birbraer, Michel, Andrew Ianiero
Hill, Finnerty, Derek Campbell (the hard hitting Campbell and not that idiot who plays for chavs)

John Snowden, Macalister
Richardson, Metcalf
Symonds

Lyle
Crisp

A little more Realistic than before :D

Being fairly sensible I think from outside the league Ryan Held and Peter Campbell would be a great move, along with someone on defence to "replace" Tyson/Jarvis such as Derek Landmesser or maybe Kory Scoran.

Rempel16

Thread starter #27
Thanks Soundwave,

Both look decent signings and also within budget.

Prob with both though is that they seem to be settled at their respective clubs. I wouldn't want to see us pay over the odds for a player just to get him to move, particularly if there are equally good players looking to play in th Uk next year.

I think it would take a lot to get Landmesser to the UK now he's about 35, but the points production is still as good as ever so I would take him.
However Scoran seems to have moved as I think he played the past season for Tilburg in Holland, wouldnt be too surprised to see him in the UK.

Rempel16

Thread starter #29
So on the basis of what are coming out as rumours/wants our team could look like:

King P.Campbell Birbraer
Hill Pelle Voth
Michel Finnerty Davies

Spiller Schneekloth
Scoran Richardson
Adams Symonds

Lyle

The D-corps looks fairly solid, but not enough firepower up front for me. All speculative of course!

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
So on the basis of what are coming out as rumours/wants our team could look like:

King P.Campbell Birbraer
Hill Pelle Voth
Michel Finnerty Davies

Spiller Schneekloth
Scoran Richardson
Adams Symonds

Lyle

The D-corps looks fairly solid, but not enough firepower up front for me. All speculative of course!
Remps - no Matt Miller? :?

kettdevil1

Finny said:
osh said:
His hat trick against Coventry was superb but his follow up hat trick at the NIC was out of this world. The best performance from a Devils forward I can remember. To have him back would be a dream.

Rempel16

Thread starter #33
Rempel16 said:
My three:

Colt King (Rapid City Rush- CHL), as voted by the coaches in the CHL - CHL Bodychecker of the year 2009-10, CHL Power forward of the year 2009-10. He has 50 points in 52 games this year and is tough as nails.

Aaron Schneekloth (Colorado Eagles- CHL) - Just been awarded D-man of the year in the CHL and has notched around 25 goals to go with it, his plus minus record is exempliary too. Could prove a good replacement for Jarvo if he decides to leave. Plus, what a cool name!!!!!

One from Elite here, Sean McAslan - I would take McAslan as our new goal scorer, he doesn't mind getting into the corners and knows where the net is. Might persuade the Vother to stick around too! His workrate (effort) has been questioned but i've never seen this. I feel we lacked a guy who could score that big goal at times this season and I think Macca is one of those players that would take that single chance and turn it into points (unless he's on a breakaway against Stevie Lyle of course!)
Looks like Santa didn't deliver any of my wishes for this coming season! :cry:

Colt King is on a 2-yr deal with Rapid City supposedly
Aaron Scneekloth has verbally comitted to Colorado again
Sean McAslan we all know about.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
If new players are coming on to the roster, here are some awesome players from other leagues:
Peter Campbell (Italy), Bryan Macgregor (Finland), Dylan Gyori (Germany), Bobby Robins (Denmark) and Colt King.

Impressive players from EIHL:
Owen Fussey, Simon Lambert, Konstantin Kalmikov, Mark Garside, Jonathan Zion

Here's day-dreaming! :roll:
Some of these have already signed for other teams! Excited to see who G is going to persuade - probably players completely new to UK.
Can't imagine it's an easy task for coaches tempting players to leave North America - so many factors have to be right (family issues, salary, career progress etc) for them to want leave those leagues. UK is a good stepping stone for players wanting to break Europe but it doesn't exactly compare in terms of salary, officiating and standard of play to the likes of DEL, Serie A or Eliteserien!