Win The League?

Thread starter #1
Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts on this are, anyone think we have a shot this season?

I do think though, we are seriously in for the Challenge Cup =D

Wannabe2

Well i wouldnt give up just yet, although it would be difficult, but with everyone basically beating everyone, stranger things have happened, Myself at the end of Jan we may have a better idea.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Well i wouldnt give up just yet, although it would be difficult, but with everyone basically beating everyone, stranger things have happened, Myself at the end of Jan we may have a better idea.
Too right Wannabe! We just need to look at the Christmas/January match schedule! With the number of matches and who the Devils are playing - end of Jan will have sorted out their position. Personally, I still think they have a very strong chance in CC Cup and Playoffs. But Belfast and Coventry are just much more consistent home and away, every week - a quality required to win the League! :mrgreen:

For the league we need to go on a mean winning streak and it's got to start soon! Maybe with Ryan we can pick up some more points on the road. I think the team certainly has the potential to win the league, but a slow-ish start is probably going to cost us. I think if we retain roughly the same team, next year looks good if we get a better pre-season shedule going. Road matches against Vipers, Stingrays, Caps etc are harder this year, but we have to win them or at least nab a point.

I think we're well in with a shout for the Challenge Cup or/and Playsoffs.

Finny

Don't forget that Belfast/Coventry will be dropping points this weekend as they play against each other.
We really need a 4 point weekend, though Hull and Sheffield have both seen an improvement in form recently.

Finny said:
Don't forget that Belfast/Coventry will be dropping points this weekend as they play against each other.
We really need a 4 point weekend, though Hull and Sheffield have both seen an improvement in form recently.
Totally agree. 7 points behind with half the season to play is nothing when there are likely to be lots of split games between Belfast, Coventry, Nottingham, Sheffield and Newcastle. If Cardiff can win 75% of points from now until the end of the season, the Devils should win the title.

I can't see the Devils winning the league this season.. Blaze or ourselves should be both gunning it out to the finish.. I think the league will look like this at the end.

1st/2nd - Giants or Blaze
Panthers
Devils
Sheffield
Vipers
Caps
Hull

Wannabe2

Being the underdogs will suit us just dandy, especially when we should have destroyed the Blaze, and did destroy the Giants. What other teams fans think of us isnt important, and they naturally should go with there own, but its what we guys think about our team that matters, let others rule us out at there peril.

Wannabe2 said:
Being the underdogs will suit us just dandy, especially when we should have destroyed the Blaze, and did destroy the Giants. What other teams fans think of us isnt important, and they naturally should go with there own, but its what we guys think about our team that matters, let others rule us out at there peril.
Challenge cup mate... With a 2nd leg still to come.. :)

Not sure who is writing off the Devils ... most fans seem to be suggesting that they are very much in the title race and with the exceptional home form are probably the favourites as the other teams stutter.

We don't like to moan in Coventry but we are playing with a short bench at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if we get turned over tonight :roll:

Finny

J.B said:
We don't like to moan in Coventry but we are playing with a short bench at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if we get turned over tonight :roll:
Don't Belfast have a shortbench too though?

Wannabe2

J.B said:
You guys dont moan in Coventry :lol: :lol: :lol: