Will Joe Myers Return?

Lloyd

Thread starter #1
Just thinking will he sign again or will we get another goalie in surely Brabon , Crisp and others!

dave

Announced other day that only 2 players were left for sponsorship for this year..mark smith and joe....so guess that answers the question

the devil himself said:
Let's hope osaer doesn't drop to many games then as competition will be to tough for Joe this season
I'm inclined to agree, but it's a tough balance. If you have too good a goalie as your backup minder, they will start getting itchy feet before long. Having said that, if you need to call up your backup minder he needs to be good enough. Is Jo good enough? Not from what I saw over the last couple of seasons. Will he ever be good enough? Probably not unless he moves clubs and gets first team experience.

A tricky problem :?: hopefully Osaer will keep fit and we won't have to worry about it!

I didn't think Joe was that bad tbh. Considering he didn't get a lot of ice time. The difference this year is he could learn a lot from osaer, hopefully he can then gain further confidence and maybe get more ice time. I have faith in Joe, myself

I think he has a lot of potential to be honest. Admittedly, he wasn't that great a couple of times last season but he's still only young and has plenty of time to learn. If they do bring Osaers goalie coach over like they said they would, it would probably benefit Joe to sit in on those sessions.

wildthing74

I was hoping/expecting Clarkson to be groomed as our long term back up.Shame he is lost to the game as he defiantley seemed to show enough potential to be a capable back up.
Joe is obviously getting older but playing no more than 4-5 years ago so hard to improve without game experience.I would suggest outside the bottom clubs he's played less than any other backups in the top 6.

voth26

wildthing74 said:
I was hoping/expecting Clarkson to be groomed as our long term back up.Shame he is lost to the game as he defiantley seemed to show enough potential to be a capable back up.
Joe is obviously getting older but playing no more than 4-5 years ago so hard to improve without game experience.I would suggest outside the bottom clubs he's played less than any other backups in the top 6.
"Shame he is lost to the game as he defiantley seemed to show enough potential to be a capable back up. Where's he gone? has he finished with the game.