WHY O WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE GET AWAY FROM IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finny

BeatBox said:
If Chris had of answered my question on the thread or by PM then this would of stopped. But he hasn't? I still would like to know.
Were any of the Mods aware that you were his parent? If not, then there is no way they should be PMing you to explain why he was banned.
BeatBox said:
Instead he chooses to lie, saying there were enough reasons that led to his ban, utter nonsense Not once was he even ever warned about a post.
That's a pretty outrageous accusation to make. Why would the Mods just delete an account for no reason?
Any chance that your son was sent warnings but opted to ignore them, and not tell you about that?

In the end though, this is 'their' forum. They spent the time setting it up and moderating it. If you don't like it, you are welcome to start your own.

jimmy snels

to be fair finny i can understand where beatbox is going with this to an extent. junothe dog slated me on a previous thread (jeff pierce one) and when beatbox asked why he was allowed to do this and others were banned he was told the posts had been deleted. the posts still remain. i certainly thought juno was really out of order and i think jester commented to on the matter

i love the inferno mind and would never go without it :D im on here everyday checking out the latest goss and really appreciate the work done by the guys

TheStub

Re: Re: WHY O WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE GET AWAY FROM IT

jimmy snels said:
to be fair finny i can understand where beatbox is going with this to an extent. junothe dog slated me on a previous thread (jeff pierce one) and when beatbox asked why he was allowed to do this and others were banned he was told the posts had been deleted. the posts still remain. i certainly thought juno was really out of order and i think jester commented to on the matter

i love the inferno mind and would never go without it :D im on here everyday checking out the latest goss and really appreciate the work done by the guys
As mods we're not omniscient, so we often miss things.

If you find a post offensive feel free to use the report function. It makes life a lot easier for us.

jimmy snels

thats cool stub, was just saying that i think the reason he was so annoyed was because juno was so offensive to me and seemed to have nothing done. trying to show the reasoning behind it

That's a pretty outrageous accusation to make. Why would the Mods just delete an account for no reason?
I monitored his every post including ALL Pm's.
He did nothing to warrant his account being deleted, he wasn't
banned, his account was deleted.
Perhaps it had something to do with another poster wrongfully accusing him of being someone else?
Perhaps the mod(s) have made a mistake which would be fine, we all make them, would just like to know why that's all!

cheers Jimmy Snels, appreciate your comments. Me questioning a Mod, what hope do I have. How does that Clash song go again ...... ...... .....

Paul Sullivan

Moderating is a tough job though, and by it's very nature (being performed by Humans) it is subjective and always open for the interpretation of those for whom the decisions have an impact.

It's worth pointing out though, that the Inferno was created by the guy you are criticising here (Chris, ably supported in ways I don't understand by James) and whilst they gratefully receive assistance for what they do - and whilst I have regularly disagreed with both of them :D The mods decision is final and it is their site.

I have owned and moderated an official Devils forum and moderated a couple of other incarnations. It's not easy and so far I haven't seen the guys here make a decision that I think has been heavy handed or without reason. Not saying it can't happen but I think with a fan base as passionate as ours, that a tough job is done very well on here.

I would also recommend a less provocative approach if you do want to get the response you crave. Otherwise you can risk looking like the parent screaming at the coach about Johnny's ice time last weekend, and that's not a position of strength.

Good luck.

Gaz G

This thread really is getting tedious. Should all this be done by p.m....i for one think so. We as fans have just had three bits of great news regarding returning players. Lets try and be positive for a while shall we?? It's the off season so lets not moan and groan and depress everyone. If you want a whinge, behind closed doors is a good option especially on the Cardiff Devils and EIHL related section of the forum.

Why read it and then post on it Gaz G? I find it hilarious, nobody is interested, everyone finds it tedious, but everyone just keeps having their pennies worth. I have requested a PM from a mod, but still haven't had one and I'm not going to get one. They can't give me a reason because there isn't one.

Lock the thread, delete it, whatever you so wish. Even though it was started by somebody else :lol:

Gaz G

To try and help you get the hint that you are boring everyone. Again....what does this have to do with ice hockey? Wonder if the mod you sent a pm to may be busy and hasnt had time to respond? You are making yourself sound very immature. Perhaps if you are so unhappy you yourself should take a break from the forum?

Chris

Administrator
As you're clearly not going to let this drop on the public side of the forums, this is a response from all of us. Zed originally turned up on these forums claiming to be 14, his posts soon made it clear that this perhaps wasn't true and as more reports were submitted to us, more warnings were given both on the public forum and by PM. We're not going to go into these warnings, no doubt you'll deny they ever actually occurred, but thankfully the forum logs when warnings are sent and all of the mods are happy with this system.

You have claimed that Zed is your son, but an earlier post from yourself has you saying...
Beatbox said:
Thats right, I was talking to Zed (real name also Zack) at the Cov game. Said his account was deleted for no reason? .
It strikes as us slightly bizarre that he's your son, you monitored all his posts and private messages, yet you had to bump into him in Coventry and discuss his account to realise that he had been banned?

On a thread from last season, whoever Zed may actually be, decided to take it upon himself to start sending private messages to people whose opinion he disagreed with, when this was brought to our attention the following message appeared on the forum.
Zed said:
MODS! I would appreciate it if this slanderous and rather idiotic post was removed !

I have not sent a childish PM, in fact post it for all to see. This has been a good debate, why the hostility? that in itself is childish personified.

I have regular contact with someone connected with the club so might know a little more than some. What is the problem with that I ask !!
Once again it strikes us as a little bizarre that in the 4 years the forum has now been running, the only people who have taken it upon themselves to send private messages to those who disagree with them is TheDevilTorn who is also banned, and Zed. For two accounts that are supposedly not linked in any way, there's a very similar posting and behaviour pattern that started to emerge.

More recently, you claim that Zed never received a warning for any of his posts, quoted underneath is what you said when referring to me...
Beatbox said:
Instead he chooses to lie, saying there were enough reasons that led to his ban, utter nonsense Not once was he even ever warned about a post.
However this isn't true, although i'm sure you'll still maintain that I am a liar and that what is quoted underneath never happened, however all of the mods are aware that it did happen. This just happens to be the last, public warning from one of us.
steve said:
Zed - you continue to post irrelevant, off-topic posts. I am not commenting on who's right or wrong - i don't care. You (and others) insist on turning threads into personal arguments. This thread is about the signing (or not) of players. Further arguments will result in posts being deleted.
Whilst you have requested this by PM, we feel it is in our best interests to post this on the public side of forum to make it clear that Zed was banned after repeated warnings, rather than for no reason as you have tried to portray it. This thread is now locked, none of us are going to engage in another argument with you over the banning of TheDevilTorn (and all the other associated usernames), Zed or anyone else.

Any further threads on this or the general section of the forum are likely to be locked or deleted, the same for any posts that attempt to take threads off topic.

We have never banned a person for no reason, and there are no plans to start doing that now.

Chris, on behalf of the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.