Why do people want Nottingham to win tonight?

Oh well, it was an extra 5 minutes on the ice for Sheffield ahead of tomorrows game plus 2 wins will mean conference and league title now. On for Grand Slam of trophies.

So now that's sorted - would we go ahead of Sheffield with a regulation win tomorrow or not because if that is the case then we could win the league tomorrow if Braehead lost (v.unlikely)

ledgend777 said:
So now that's sorted - would we go ahead of Sheffield with a regulation win tomorrow or not because if that is the case then we could win the league tomorrow if Braehead lost (v.unlikely)
I think it would go down to head to head but I don't know what that means for us - who has done better against the other??

Earnie

No, Nottingham has not won conference yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but if we win the two weekend games we win conference and league.

Devil94 said:
Cheshski said:
Well done Steelers, still two imports down and showing that this is going down to the last games of the season.what a game we have tomorrow.
Yes, but panthers 4 imports down..
Panthers = 10 import skaters. Steelers = 7 import skaters. My point is in the NEC with the pressure on they delivered. Your point being ?

Earnie

Can any of you hockey geeks explain to me if the result tonight between Sheff and Nott was:-

1. Fairly good for us
2. Worst possible for us
3. Didn't make a lot of difference either way

Have Hope#35

clairey_faerie said:
ledgend777 said:
I think it would go down to head to head but I don't know what that means for us - who has done better against the other??
We'd be top on Goals Scored I believe... Joint on Points, Wins, Reg Wins and 4-4 on games vs each other!

Have Hope#35

Cheshski said:
Devil94 said:
Cheshski said:
Well done Steelers, still two imports down and showing that this is going down to the last games of the season.what a game we have tomorrow.
Yes, but panthers 4 imports down..
Panthers = 10 import skaters. Steelers = 7 import skaters. My point is in the NEC with the pressure on they delivered. Your point being ?
Quite clear if you ask me! Steelers had 10 Imports.

Diafol

It's still in our own hands, same as it was yesterday.
Win both games and pick up another shiny silver pot.
Or maybe even two.

Anything else doesn't bear thinking about :)

Finny

Earnie said:
Can any of you hockey geeks explain to me if the result tonight between Sheff and Nott was:-

1. Fairly good for us
2. Worst possible for us
3. Didn't make a lot of difference either way
3. Ish.

Have Hope#35 said:
clairey_faerie said:
ledgend777 said:
We'd be top on Goals Scored I believe... Joint on Points, Wins, Reg Wins and 4-4 on games vs each other!
If it's goals scored we're on 202 Sheffield 191