Why can't I send any PM's ?

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
Never been able to send or reply to Pm's for a year or so now.Not sure why,anybody know or have same problem?Seem to either keep getting logged out and having to log back in or the series of questions to prove you're not spam.
I've tried many times but always get the same result.Keep getting no defined recipient even when I have either clicked to reply or selected a user.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

wildthing74 said:
Never been able to send or reply to Pm's for a year or so now.Not sure why,anybody know or have same problem?Seem to either keep getting logged out and having to log back in or the series of questions to prove you're not spam.
I've tried many times but always get the same result.Keep getting no defined recipient even when I have either clicked to reply or selected a user.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

i have had the same for some time now, its rather anoying

Chris

Administrator
We actually have absolutely no idea why the board is doing this, we've looked at just about everything and there doesn't seem to be a reason for it :S

Is it always the 'no defined recipient' or do you get other errors also?

Chris.

Chris said:
We actually have absolutely no idea why the board is doing this, we've looked at just about everything and there doesn't seem to be a reason for it :S

Is it always the 'no defined recipient' or do you get other errors also?

Chris.
mine is only that error message, i fill out the message and answer the question and then that comes up.

TheStub

Ok, do you see these problems on different computers? What are your cookie settings? Have you tried ticking the "keep me logged in" option?

Try clearing the browser cache and all the cookies...and maybe a different browser.

Then see if you get similar errors.

TheStub said:
Ok, do you see these problems on different computers? What are your cookie settings? Have you tried ticking the "keep me logged in" option?

Try clearing the browser cache and all the cookies...and maybe a different browser.

Then see if you get similar errors.
i had it on 3 different comps, im always kept as logged in and have no idea on my cookie settings haha

TheStub

I get the same problem when I PM from my Android phone, and suspect that it is the way the phone deals with cookies.

It is hard to debug on there.

Try the full cache flush etc, and see what that gives.

wildthing74

Thread starter #10
Same for me Stub as does not work for me in home or work.Weird as I was able to do it about a year back.
How do we do what you suggested.I am not the world's best I.T guy!

wildthing74

Thread starter #11
Seemsto be working today(in work anyway).Not sure if you guys helped to sort it behind the scenes but thanks if you have.