Who's hot- Who's not - What the stats say

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
I see lots of criticism directed at certain players so I thought I would see what the stats say. Of course stats don't tell the full story but these are the combined stats for league and CC.

1669582072813.png

The first line look like they deserve to be there. Whats worrying is that Sanford and Coughler have scored 41% of the goals and Coughler is injured. Penny and Brittain are getting only slightly more than Ben Davies who's main job is penalty killing and playing 4th line.
From looking at these stats we clearly need Coughler back and we need Penny and Brittain to step up although to be fair these guys were only averaging 0.6 ish per game in their last season so maybe Im expecting too much.
Interestingly Reids points per game was 1.13 last year v 0.88 this year and goals 0.59 v 0.31. Looks like he is missing Dixon. Finding someone who fits with Crandall and Reid maybe key. But Reids points this year are similar to what he achieved in the ECHL. The key for Reid is finding guys who will make space for him and thats what Dixon did..
It is clear that Joey Martin didn't fit on that line and although Cougher did better he belongs on the CCS line where he was 1.11 pts/game last year across league and CC.

Attachments

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #6
Any chance of some comparisons of other teams, do they rely on one or two top scores or a large average across the team ?
This is Belfast for league only. They are more unbalanced than us. They are very reliant on their first line. A few injuries on their first line could finish their season.

1669751989565.png

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #9
If I was McAuley with those stats I’d be well peeved off being on the 4th line !
Its weird. The lines were taken from a recent game but when I look at other games since October he has played on the 1st 2nd and 3rd lines also. (Mainly third). Looks like Belfast have had as much problems getting lines to settle as us or maybe its due to injuries.

OJLloyd2

Love a good stat.

The interesting thing is comparing it to the teams above us. Belfast stats above show a weird spread (or lack thereof), but I would say overall not that different to us when averaged out.

Think Sheffield’s stats, from a very basic look, are slightly worse than our forwards’.

Tends to suggest that our issues are at the other end of the ice (which fits with what I’ve seen in games).