Who is your NHL team...and why?

Thread starter #1
I am a New Jersey Devil as the first player I ever saw was Martin Brodeur. Since then I've seen him play about twenty times! Still going strong (even if the team isn't!)

Pittsburgh Penguins.
Not Seen Them In Person But It Was Mario Lemieux For Me, Watched A Few Games On Tele And He Was Amazing. Shame About His Back Problems, Would Of Been Closer To Gretzky Numbers. (Not Far Off Gretzky's Point Per Game Average)

Ger-Devils

Sens fans myself.

Some quality players but not enough depth for any sort of challenge. Think it's more down to the fact my family live nearby and my style of hockey, gritty and challenge every puck but they can be dirty at times :) Sutton on D was a nightmare for many forwards!

D

Deleted member 1337

i have never seen a nhl game but something has attracted me to the toronto maple leaves never knew why but it's just something about the design of the jersey and socks i think

rocketbob

Tampa Bay Lightning. Not picked an NHL team until recently. I got to see my first live NHL game last December in Tampa. Since then I have loved watching Stamkos, St Louis and Le Cavalier.

Thread starter #7
I saw Tampa play devils at the rock in feb. That Martin st Louis is something else sometimes. A massive reason behind stamkos and in the past lecavaliers success id say!

Wannabe2

Detroit Red Wings, motor city still my ambition to go there, Stevie Y what a awesome player. Something magical about the wings, and the past players they had.

wildthing74

Mine is Detroit Red Wings after a brief flirtatation with Pittsburgh Penguins.
I was mesmerised as a youngster by Super Mario and a young Jaromir Jagr as well as Paul Coffey.When they won the 2 cups at the start of the '90's I thought it was boring supporting a winning team and feeling like a bit of a glory fan!
Dont know why but I switched teams(could never do that now)to Detroit.The reason being I loved their classic simple shirts which have never much changed during their history but more importantly they were a struggling team with no real prospects at the time so I just went with it.They were a 1 man team under Stevie Y then 2 man team when the picked up a young Fedorov.Worked out pretty well mind as last few years have been 1 of the best teams in the NHL.

Montreal Canadiens. Was in Montreal by chance when the playoffs were going on a few years ago. The atmosphere in the city was unbelievable all week, hockey everywhere. It was like the Canadiens were in the World Cup Final. They won both matches whilst I was out there and rioting ensued. I was hooked!

New Jersey Devils ~ think it stems from playing as them years ago on NHL games and just the shared last name with Cardiff! Never been to a game but would love to go one day. Only a half-hearted supporter in truth - check results once a week, watch a few highlights and read the latest news on their site during the season. Don't go as far as subscribing to ESPN for more coverage or anything like that although I'd definitely Sky Plus games if they started showing them on Five or something - didn't this happen a few years back?

Mine is New York Islanders.

Don't ask me why, think I just got unlucky when choosing!! :lol:

In all seriousness, I can see the potential that the team has got. There are guys there like Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo, Mike Grabner who are young and have the potential to make the team a big success, if not this year then definately in the near future! Add to that the potential of some of the young goalies who have come up from the AHL to cover injury such as Kevin Poulin and Miko Koskinen and I think there is a Stanley Cup in the not to distant future. :)

I can hope at least! :D

Diafol

ledgend777 said:
New Jersey Devils ~ think it stems from playing as them years ago on NHL games and just the shared last name with Cardiff! Never been to a game but would love to go one day.
Can't remember exactly how it happened but I think I got into NJD for very similar reasons :lol:

Did get to see them twice a few years ago, but Brodeur was out with a long-term injury at the time - Scott Clemmensen in net against the Oilers and Kevin Weekes in against the Rangers - they got beat both times, and the train journey back to Manhattan after the defeat by the Rags while wearing an NJD jersey was hell :lol: