who has Impressed/Disappointed you so far this season

Russky

Thread starter #1
NB MODS IF THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD SIMILAR TO THIS THEN MERGE THIS INTO THAT THREAD!

IMPRESSED

Jon Pelle Best player we have by a country mile!
Tylor Michel is just awesome: not that far behind Pelle!

DISAPPOINTED

Scott Matzka Yet to convince me he is upto it! picks up stupid penalties!
Steve Lyle Dont know what it is but he seems to be missing something!
Mark Smith I have yet to see him string 3 good games together!
Justin Sawyer left when he did! He looked a player who had more than enforcingto his game.

Much Improved

Max Birbraer Seems to have rediscovered his hunger and form!
Stuart Macrae (sp?) Much improved and playing consistantly well

Ger-Devils

Too early to say in my view.

18 games in and plenty to go. Our D haven't had much luck with problems etc but hope this D man can control it more.

Also Matzka, there's lots to come, he takes pens but his work rate is second to none and the points are starting to flow

Russky

Thread starter #4
not a thread slagging off players, just to gauge who has impressed so far! there is splenty of time for those who I feel have disappointed to put it right! Overall it was a positive constructive thread!

6 games in 9 days! and only lost 1!.

I think they all deserve a big pat on the back and a few beers at ladies night tomorrow for their efforts, and a few days rest. Not an X Factor judging panel!. :shock:

Just for the record Mark Smith had a solid game last night and has been one of our best D men.

rolf

Surely not another thread slagging players off ! Its a wonder anyone ever signs for the Devils after reading some of the crap on here !!!!

just lay off russky. ok. his views and opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. he has followed and supported the devils for years before most of you detractors....................and what he says is not crap.

How anyone can think Matzka is not a good player or not pulling his weight ......... my god you are insane this guy is awesome just because he doesnt show off or play to the fans !!!!! an amazing player

dont think russky was slagging of players at all matzka was meant to be our most exciting signing of the summer but i think pelle is outshining them all :)

Mooney#16

It's how they are able to play as a team that counts not as individuals. There are three very good lines out there who are all contributing in equal measure.

As an aside this what appears to be constant panning of the defence needs to stop. They've just taken 10 from 12 points in a very small space of time playing two defenceman down and by all accounts another with an injury. They've done a good job. When numbers return they will be a real force. People need to change there mind sets a little as they've been rated the number two defence in the league the last two years and its got them no where. G has gone far more offensive which means the forwards look brilliant but the defence looks exposed. Ask yourself have we not been praising the D and attacking the forwards the last two seasons. Its a casualty of the style of play.

One thing I would like to say. Praise Pelle all you want. He's scoring freely which is great but he isn't doing it all on his own. Matzka is involved in the build up to nearly everyone of Pelle goals as his passing is amongst the best in the league by some margin. By all means ackowledge Pelle but you have to acknowledge Matzka as well as they are working as a very good combo. Remember a player doesn't have to play like tyler to be just as affective. No slight on Tyler. Best third liner in the league. No question.

Mooney#16 said:
It's how they are able to play as a team that counts not as individuals. There are three very good lines out there who are all contributing in equal measure.

As an aside this what appears to be constant panning of the defence needs to stop. They've just taken 10 from 12 points in a very small space of time playing two defenceman down and by all accounts another with an injury. They've done a good job. When numbers return they will be a real force. People need to change there mind sets a little as they've been rated the number two defence in the league the last two years and its got them no where. G has gone far more offensive which means the forwards look brilliant but the defence looks exposed. Ask yourself have we not been praising the D and attacking the forwards the last two seasons. Its a casualty of the style of play.

One thing I would like to say. Praise Pelle all you want. He's scoring freely which is great but he isn't doing it all on his own. Matzka is involved in the build up to nearly everyone of Pelle goals as his passing is amongst the best in the league by some margin. By all means ackowledge Pelle but you have to acknowledge Matzka as well as they are working as a very good combo. Remember a player doesn't have to play like tyler to be just as affective. No slight on Tyler. Best third liner in the league. No question.

Great post Mr Mooney , and from a family member ....... even bettter

michelle3girlsgym said:
I was really impressed with Ben Davies while voth was away injured, I'm not impressed that he has not been given much ice time since Voth has come back!!!!!
Ben would have been beaten all around the rink at that game . For goodness sake have a bit of sense Ben is a good player but he is not built for a very physical game .

michelle3girlsgym wrote:
I was really impressed with Ben Davies while voth was away injured, I'm not impressed that he has not been given much ice time since Voth has come back!!!!!
Ben would have been beaten all around the rink at that game . For goodness sake have a bit of sense Ben is a good player but he is not built for a very physical game .

I did not mention any game in particular so I don't know what your talking about , I just mean in general he has not had much ice time since Voth has come back. Anyway he seemed to manage perfectly well with the job when Voth was injured

Gospel

Isnt the point of a Forum to express your views and opinions? Having an opinion on a players performance and putting it on here is just that isnt it? its no worse than talking about someone as the game is in progress, something that we all do.

Its fair to say that Stevie wasnt at his best on Saturday but what do you expect when he doesnt have much in front of him to stop the shots raining in on him. Made up for it last night though.

Boom Boom was very impressive on Saturday and looks to be hungry again.

Tylor & Jon have both been awesome so far, both quick in all aspects of their game.

Finny

I thought Matzka was great on Saturday, really worked hard and chased down a lot of loose pucks. Was very close to being my MOTM.

DevilDom

Finny said:
I thought Matzka was great on Saturday, really worked hard and chased down a lot of loose pucks. Was very close to being my MOTM.
Problem is that he came with huge expectations and people have been expecting him to burst into life and tear other teams to shreds scoring a hatful of goals!

Personally I'd like to see him score some more goals but I think Matzka is one of those players who makes all the players around him look good without necessarily getting the credit he deserves.

James

Administrator
I think its Dechatelets syndrome. He's used to playing against better goalies so will always look for a pass to someone in a better position rather than risk a shot. I think we might have been more satisfied with him being 4th highest scorer in the league if we didn't have 2 players higher than him currently :D

ASHIPP

Scott is probably the best example of creating 'something out of nothing' we have seen for a long time. Most of the time he is the player responsible for 'setting up' forward play on his shifts. His stick work and passing are sublime. Doesn't get any where near the credit he deserves - yes he really does often pass to players better positioned, rather than risk wasting a shot. That's a teamplayer....and shows his valuable experience.
Don't worry, he'll be amongst the very top points scorers at the end of the season. ;) :cool:

steve

I think Matska's great, however i wish he'd hit the one timer more often. He's missed a number of goals already by taking too long to get the shot off, and allowing the goalie time to come accross. Shoot it!